Purchase order management is an internal procurement process adopted by businesses to ensure that each and every purchase is necessary, justified and optimized for costs. With the help of CS-Cart purchase order add-on the
admin can maintain a complete purchase record consisting of quantity and price record of the order and incoming shipments.
The most powerful feature of CS-Cart purchase order add-on is that a purchase order can be created when any product goes out of stock. This feature reduces the demand-supply gap and prevents overstock situation.
Features of CS-Cart Purchase Order add-on
- Well integrated with Cs-Cart, Cs-Cart Multi-Vendor, Cs-Cart Multi-Vendor Plus and Cs-Cart Multi-Vendor Ultimate.
- Option to select default procurement method as – auto or manual.
- Option to set the default prefix for the purchase order id and Shipment id.
- Send quotation and purchase order emails to the suppliers.
- Add comments to purchase order, incoming shipment when notifying the suppliers.
- Add suppliers in a product by specifying – cost price and quantity for auto purchase order.
- Manage incoming shipments and products from the suppliers.
- Option to update information about the partial shipments.
- Admin/Vendor can add purchase order document manually or automatically.
- Option is provided to attach purchase order invoice in Mail (For New Email Template Mode).
- The product Inventory automatically gets updated after receiving the items from the supplier.
- Option is provided to print generated invoice and to download the PDF of the purchase order invoice.
- Option is provided under document section to add any desired field in the purchased order invoice.
- Supports Multiple Languages.
The flow of Installation and Configuration
When you’ll download the “CS-Cart Purchase Order add-on” you’ll get one zip file and the install.txt file. Read it carefully and follow it. Firstly click on the plus icon to upload the zip file.
Now, Click on “Local” to browse the zip file and then click on “Upload & Install” as shown in the below snapshot.
After installation of the add-on, you will find the “Purchase Order add-on” in the list of the available add-on. Make sure, the add-on is activated as shown in the below snapshot.
Now after the installation, you need to go to Settings of the add-on for the setup as shown below-
- After this setting, you will need to go to Orders ->> Purchase Order in order to manage Quotations, Suppliers and Shipments for purchase order as shown in the below snapshot-
- The admin/vendor can manage the suppliers accordingly. Here, the admin/vendor can add new suppliers, manage the existing suppliers. To add a new supplier, just click on the Plus icon to add a new supplier.
Now fill the required details to add a new supplier.
Here, the admin can –
- Enter the Name of the supplier.
- Select the Vendor.
- Enter the email address of the supplier.
- Enter the name of the Company.
- Select the Gender.
- Select the Country.
- Enter the State/Province and Zipcode.
- Select the Status.
Then click on create to save the details to add a new supplier.
- Admin can also easily manage the existing supplier. To manage the existing supplier, the admin can click on the Setting button then on Edit option as shown in the image below and then manage the details of the existing supplier accordingly.
Now after the addition of the supplier, you need to create Quotation for them. For creating the quotation you need to go to quotation then Click on create to create a new quotation and here you will need to Pick a Vendor in order to create the quotation as shown in the below snapshots.
- After selecting the vendor, you will need to create quotation as shown in the below snapshot-
Here you can see the Quotation has been created for the Supplier.
After creating quote when admin/vendor will change the status of the quote from New ->> Confirm and will click on Notify Supplier then shipment will be created and
a notify mail will be sent to the supplier-
After the Confirmation of the quotation Shipment will get created for the supplier. To check the Shipment you need to go to Order->> Purchase Order ->> Shipments as shown in the below given snapshots-
- To edit the shipment and to add the details, you need to click on Edit then from here you can get the shipment info and supplier info and can schedule the date for shipment as follows-
- You can also create Partial Shipment and can notify the supplier as follows-
- After creating partial shipment you can see the record of shipped item and remaining partial shipment as follows-
Creation of Purchase Order
When product goes Out of Stock the purchase order will be created automatically as shown in the below given snapshots-
- Here for creating the purchase order of the product you will need to go on Product ->> product detail page ->> Click on purchase order tab, here you will find the options to enable the automatic creation of purchase order, set supplier, quantity and cost price for the purchase order as follows-
If the Purchase Order is not visible at vendor end then admin needs to give the user privilege to vendors then only purchase order will be visible at vendor end.
Now you can see the auto-created purchase order as follows-
Purchase order can be created when the Procurement Method will be set as automatic or manual.
Current Product Version - 1.0
Supported Framework Version - 4.9.x, 4.10.x, 4.11.x