CS-Cart OTP Verification: This impressive add-on provides the feature to log in the store via Contact Number and Email both. The OTP verifications will also be done during new customer’s registration and checkout process by sending the code to customer’s contact number. This also provides an option to log-in via OTP & reset the password via OTP. This confirms that the returning customer is genuine and order comes from a genuine customer without doing any manual review on the store.
CS-Cart OTP Verification Features
- Supports SMS verification type using Twilio APIs.
- Provides the functionality to log into the store via Phone Number and Email both.
- Uses Twilio as the communication platform.
- Easy auto-phone masking for users.
- Supports and implemented for payment option validation for the non-verified users.
- Functionality to enable OTP during registration.
- Option to login via OTP, you can get OTP on mobile number as well as on email entered.
- Functionality to reset the password via OTP.
- Functionality to enable checkout for nonverified users.
- Provided with a field, requesting for customer’s contact number to verify.
- Add-on works with the live site as well as in the test mode.
- Easy to configure and manage at the backend.
Note: “Phone” field will be the required field in the customer contact information to process OTP verification.
How To Upload And Install:
Go to Manage Add-ons, click on “+” as shown below in the snapshot.
Click on “Local” to browse the zip file and then click on “Upload & Install” as shown below in snapshot.
After uploading the zip file, click on “Settings” to configure the add-on as shown below in the snapshot.
View Of Site In Live Mode:
- Uncheck the box for Live Mode.
- Fill the credentials (Twilio Phone Number, Account Sid, Auth Token) provided by “Twilio” as shown in the snapshot below.
- Check the box to enable OTP during Registration & Sign In.
- Check the box to enable Login via phone number and email both. (If you enable login via OTP then make sure that the Contact Number field in the profile fields is Mandatory.)
Note: If we make the Contact number field as mandatory one then this will become the Unique field. So, if there are already some registered users with the same number but different mail id, then only the account which gets verified first will only be available for the user. For the other account with the same number, it will throw a warning of the already registered user.
- Click to enable reset the password option via OTP.
- Click to enable checkout for non-verified users.
- Select the payment options for which admin wants OTP verification for non-verified customers.
Further, there are some settings to set the OTP.
Fill the details which includes the maximum number of retry option for OTP, time span to expire OTP, an option of phone masking, length of OTP and OTP character types and Save.
An admin must keep the “Phone field” as the required field in customer information for the purpose of OTP verification.
OTP Verification at the time of New User Registration :
Once you click on Register, OTP will be received on the registered mobile number. Just enter the OTP to verify the account.
OTP Verification code at the customer end.
Option to login with the contact number or email via OTP as per the configuration at the admin end.
If the user was registered prior to the add-on installation, then he will be a non-verified user as shown below.
A user can verify his contact number from his profile. After verification, the user status will be “Verified” as shown below.
Reset Password Via OTP:
If a non-verified user tries to check out, he/she needs to verify the number via OTP as shown below.
But on the other hand, a verified user can continue towards the checkout.
View of site in Test mode:
Check the box to enable Test Mode. In Test Mode, you will get a test OTP code as a notification to validate.
Front End View:
In Test Mode you will get a test OTP code in the notification. After entering the OTP you will get verified and registered.
That’s all for the CS-Cart OTP Verification. Still, have any issue feel free to add a ticket here http://webkul.uvdesk.com and let us know your views to make the product better.
Current Product Version - 4.2
Supported Framework Version - 4.9.x,4.10.x,4.11.x