Manage Product Category for Customer Groups in Odoo Website!
Odoo Website Customer Group module allows you to manage your products display as per your guest users and registered users. Now, you can manage your customers and restrict their access to the specific product categories on your website.
Here customer groups can be created beside the two default customer groups. The product category is selected for a particular customer group, such that users of the group can get access to all those products under the selected category.
There can be multiple product categories assigned to a single customer group. The same way you can assign multiple customer groups to a single user. This module helps you to segregate the users into different customer groups.
- Customer group restricts access to the specific product category for a different set of users.
- There are two default customer groups – Public group and customer group.
- You can create multiple new customer groups.
- A single user can be present in multiple customer groups.
- There can be multiple product categories assigned to a single customer group.
- Once you purchase the Module from Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘website_customer_group’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode. One can also activate the developer mode by typing ‘debug’ after ‘web?’ in the URL.
- Then, open on the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘website_customer_group’.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
1) Login to your Odoo Instance with admin credentials.
2) Navigate to the Sales Module; under configuration tab, click on customer group. Here you can see two default groups.
One is the Public group whose default settings are such that all the product categories assigned to this group will be visible to the guest/ visitors/ unregistered customers on the website.
The other default group is the customer group whose default settings are such that once the guest user gets registered onto the website, then the user automatically becomes the part of a default customer group.
Product categories assigned to this default customer group would be visible only to the registered customers/ users on the website.
3) Now, click on the create button; and create a customer group as per your requirement. There can be any number of customer groups as per your need.
A user can be present in multiple groups at a time. There can be Different customer groups with the multiple product categories. You can create Customer group with a view to limit the access of all the customers to a specific product category.
4) Go to the Setting module; click on the Users&Companies tab and then select any user.
5) Now, go to the ‘Preferences’ Tab; from here you can select customer group.
6) Go to the Odoo Website Shop Page; here you can see products according to the users placed in the particular customer group.
Did you find the guide helpful? Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
However, if you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at
For any doubt contact us at [email protected].
We would be happy to assist you!
Current Product Version - 126.96.36.199
Supported Framework Version - Odoo 8/ 9/ 10