Magento 2 PIM
In an Omnichannel world requires to be speedy as possible to keep pace with modern customers. This is certainly true that without having accuracy and inconsistencies in product information, it kills your product experience and quality.
Thus almost 60% B2B & B2C businesses considering PIM solution to handle the product information-related challenges.
“Adopted first by retailers and B2C brands, PIM is now becoming more prevalent among B2B organizations looking to market and sell their products through multiple channels and locales.”
Let’s have a quick look at what is PIM and how it can be beneficial for your eCommerce business especially built on the Magento platform?
What is Product Information Management?
PIM is a kind of product information management solution for eCommerce which store, manage and enrich product information in a single location and distribute it to various eCommerce channel.
A PIM system helps to manage large amounts of complex product information and distribute all of this information efficiently on the relevant channels.
In other words, the eCommerce business that has a huge number of products or an endless number of items also choose this solution.
What Information does a PIM system Manage?
PIM is the best tool that efficiently manages all types of product information and content management needs.
There are lots of product information that the PIM system manages and keeps updated in eCommerce.
- Technical data: Measures, Size and Material.
- Digital Assets: Photos, Videos, and Animation
- Product Attributes: Product title, SKU, description.
- Marketing Data: SEO, Keywords, Meta description
- Categories, Translation, and product tags.
- Translation, User Reviews, Product Variants
Why PIM is a key tool in eCommerce?
PIM solution becomes a vital choice for modern B2B & B2C eCommerce websites due to its significant advantages.
If you’re also running an eCommerce website in Magento 2 and selling through various channels and struggling with a large number of SKU, it’s time to adopt a PIM solution that could bring to your business to the next level.
Drafting out some benefits of Product information Management:
- Centralizing of the product information
- Easier to sell product across various channels e.g Mobile, POS ( point of sale ), Marketplaces and Print catalog.
- Enrich your product with additional information
- Manage a large range of SKU in ease
- Optimizing SEO associated with each product and pages
- It plays a vital role in marketing and sales efforts, thus helping to increase revenue.
- Reduce manual uploading of the data
- Improve the quality of the product
- Faster product catalog production
- Reduce the risk of product returns
- Increase efficiency and accuracy
- Track all of the product catalog
- Create flexible workflows and assign relevant tasks
Let’s look at the types of product information management solution for Magento 2:
Which PIM is right for Magento 2?
Plenty of PIM solutions are available which can be a great fit for Magento 2 and easily integrate with the Magento store but Akeneo and Pimcore is the most widely used PIM solution adopted by so many entrepreneurs.
Let’s discuss their benefits and features in detail to help you choose a suitable PIM system.
Akeneo is a French company founded in 2013 in Nantes by a Franco-American team and based in Nantes, Boston, and Dusseldorf written in PHP.
Some benefits of Akeneo PIM are:
Akeneo has a very intuitive and user-friendly interface, can easily accessible with anyone, even a non-technical person can easily operate this software.
#Centeralized Product Information
Akeneo provides a single place to store product information which can be used across different platforms, mobile applications, point of sales, and any other system.
#Increase Sales Conversion Rates
With Akeneo, you can reduce the returns and manage product efficiency which can be helpful to boost sales conversion rates as well as customer loyalty.
If you’re selling across multi-location, both manual Translation, and localization are crucial. In order to get sales, your product information should translate correctly and localized properly.
With the Akeneo PIM, you can make localization and translation processes easier. Akeneo provides the translation capabilities with streamlined workflows.
Price: Free / Open Source
Website – https://www.akeneo.com/
How to integrate Akeneo with Magento2?
If you are looking for a PIM integration with Magento 2, Akeneo is the best tool to manage thousands of products easily.
As Akeneo is equipped with REST API, it can be easily integrated with Magento 2 along with easy data import and distribution.
Webkul also provides seamless integration between Magento 2 and Akeneo PIM software. Check out the workflow and features of Webkul Akeneo Magento2 Connector below.
How Webkul Akeneo Magento2 Connector works?
Now, you can connect Akeneo PIM with your Magento store with the help of Webkul Akeneo Magento2 Connector.
This module allows Magento merchants to seamlessly feed high quality and rich product information to their eCommerce platforms.
Once you import all the catalog data in Akeneo you can push that data into the Magento 2 store. It works with simple, configurable, and virtual types of products.
In addition, the store owner can import information about the categories, attributes, configurable variations, attribute family, and much more.
Features of Webkul Akeneo Magento 2 Connector:
- Works with simple, configurable, and virtual products.
- Create multiple jobs then schedule them for execution.
- Map product attributes between Magento and Akeneo.
- Export all the categories from Akeneo to Magento.
- Filter exported products based on category, family, status, completeness, etc.
- Export specific product(s) using an SKU identifier.
- Create attributes, attribute sets, attribute options using Akeneo.
- Export multiple images of a product.
- Set sorting order for the product images
- Export Akeneo attributes as Magento custom attributes
- Select currency during store view mapping
- Map standard attributes of Magento using their code
- Decide how you want to export attributes – Single predefined group or All Attributes Group
- Send SEO information with products.
- Set URL prefix for product models to avoid same name issue
- Set fallback name field when the mapped field is not present
- Five types of Magento export profiles available
- Quick export job functionality is included
- Send product information according to locales such as – en, es, de.
- Support multi-language translations.
- Akeneo connector module also works with a multi-store Magento setup.
- The source code is fully open for customization.
- Magento 2 Akeneo Connector is also compatible with latest Magento version 2.3.x
- Now supports importing of product, attributes, attribute sets, categories data from Magento.
In order to get a better understanding of the extension’s functionality by Webkul, take a demo of Magento 2 Akeneo Connector from here.
However, PimCore highly preferred by the large business having complex and a huge amount of data and looking for a customized PIM solution.
Some significant advantages of Pimcore are:
Pimcore is built on top of Symfony and with open-source its source code publically accessible which allows high flexibility for individual adaptations.
Pimcore is highly capable to manage any product data and delivering this data across any channel and device with the agile delivery process.
Pimcore is an open-source enterprise-ready framework. All the utilities like DAM, MDM such tools are already available as free in the Pimcore.
Price: Free / Open Source
How Webkul PimCore Magento 2 Connector works?
Webkul provides seamless integration between PimCore and Magento eCommerce. With this connector, can manage digital assets (DAM), product information (PIM), and other catalog data from Pimcore instance.
In addition, you can export the products on multiple Magento2 stores.
All the store and store views will be shown in the connector and you can set mapping of store and store views for exporting the products.
You can export simple, configurable and virtual products from Pimcore to Magento2 with this module.
Features of Webkul PimCore Magento 2 Connector
- Connect multiple Magento 2 instances by providing credentials.
- Export simple, configurable, virtual products to Magento 2
- Categories export to Magento 2
- Export attributes and attribute options to Magento 2
- Export complete attribute sets to Magento 2
- Send locale wise data for multiple store views
- Create/export custom-type attributes and images data to Magento 2
In order to get a better understanding of the extension’s functionality by Webkul, take a demo of Magento 2 PimCore Connector from here.