Opencart Marketplace Customer Reverse Auction module adds a revolutionary feature in your marketplace. Now a customer can request any product from all the sellers of that marketplace. Once request is approved by admin, sellers of the marketplace can place bid for that request to fulfill the request of the customer. Now a customer can choose lowest bid to purchase the product. He will accept the bid and purchase product from the seller on lowest price.
Opencart Marketplace Customer Reverse Auction is an add-on of Opencart Marketplace Module. To use this module you must have first installed the Marketplace module.
Features of opencart marketplace customer reverse auction
- A customer can request for a product.
- Admin approves the request or applies auto-approval for requests.
- Admin can set maximum purchase quantity.
- A customer can log in through social connect like Facebook and Twitter.
- Admin can set a notification to notify the sellers about request deadline.
- A customer can choose any bid to purchase the product.
- Mails for notification as per status of the request.
- Google map for customer location.
- Customer can add an image of the product while editing a request.
- Admin can allow image extensions and size for product image.
- Admin, customer, and seller(matched) will be notified by mail when the customer adds a request.
- Admin, customer, and seller will be notified by mail when the customer edits his placed request.
- Customer will be notified by mail when the seller places a bid.
- Customer will be notified by mail when seller updates a placed bid.
- Seller will be notified by mail when customer updates the status of the request.
- Mail notification if there is any conversation between seller and customer.
Installation of opencart marketplace customer reverse auction
Installation of Opencart Marketplace Customer Reverse Auction Module is very easy. Under the module zip, there are 5 folders admin, catalog, image, ocmod and system. you just need to upload admin, catalog, image and system folders to the root directory of the website.
Once you have uploaded the file then login to admin and go to Extensions> Extension installer and upload the XML file. The XML file can be found on the ocmod folder.
After uploading the XML file go to the Extensions > Modification and click on refresh field.
After that in Admin panel go to System > Users > Usergroup and edit “Administrator” and select all for both Access and Modify Permission then save it.
After that under Extensions >Modules install the Opencart Marketplace Customer Reverse Auction module like this.
Translation of opencart marketplace customer reverse auction
As this Opencart Marketplace Customer Reverse Auction module supports multiple languages so this section will describe how to make the module work in different languages. Please check this link for language translation.
Configuration Of opencart marketplace customer reverse auction
After installation of the module, admin can configure this module under Extensions > Modules. Admin clicks on the edit button to configure this module.
Module Status : From here admin can enable or disable the module.
Default Timezone : Admin selects default timezone of the module.
Add default request image : Here admin can add default request image, which will appear on customer’s request if none of image added by the customer while creating his request.
Allow requester image extension : Here admin enters extensions of an image which will be supported while adding an image to the request.
Allow requester image size : Maximum image size in (kb) which will be accepted while adding an image to the request.
Request approval by admin : If an admin wants to approve every request his own then he can choose enable. If disable is selected then all the requests will be auto approved.
Seller can update bid details : Selects enable if want to allow seller to update his already placed bid, otherwise disable.
New Request Mail To Admin : Enable if admin wants to receive notification via mail of new request arrival.
Add Request Banner Image : Banner image of add request page.
Request Heading Title : Heading of request block.
Request block Description : Here admin enters the description of request block.
Product maximum quantity for request : Admin enters the maximum quantity, that customer can buy for requested product.
Allow bid status for customers : Admin check bid status for customers that he can set for their requests.
Bid status sequence for customers : Sequence of status only in which customer can change the bid status of their request.
Facebook connect status : Admin can enable or disable this Facebook connect.
Choose Facebook Logo : Logo which will appear on front-end.
Facebook Application Id : Here admin enters application id which he collected from Facebook.
Facebook Secret Key : Here admin enters secret key which he collected from Facebook.
You can create a Facebook application using this link https://developers.facebook.com/
1. Click on “Add New App”.
2. Under My Apps > Settings > Advanced, Enter valid homepage URL.
3. Go to My App > Setting and enter email id.
4. Now go to My App > App Review and set “YES” so that the app is public
5. At last, you can receive your App ID and App Secret under My Apps > Dashboard.
Twitter connect status : Admin can enable or disable this Twitter connect.
Choose Twitter Logo : Logo which will appear on front-end.
Twitter Application Id : Here admin enters application id which he collected from Twitter.
Twitter Secret Key : Here admin enters secret key which he collected from Twitter.
You can create a Twitter application using this link https://apps.twitter.com/
1. Click on “Create New App”
2. Now fill out the form to Create a New Twitter Application.
3. After creating an app go to the Settings and Click on Update Setting.
4. Receive your Consumer Key and Secret under Keys And Access Tokens
Note: Twitter doesn’t send Email Id of the customer at the time of Login. It sends only Screen Name. So kindly update your Email Id and Password after sign up with Twitter.
Request match condition for seller notification : Option for searching the related result, regarding the customer’s query.
Deadline notification cron status : Enable/Disable cron option to notify the seller about request deadline.
Number of days : Number of days before deadline seller will be notified.
Deadline notification message : Notification message of deadline to sellers.
Admin management of opencart marketplace customer reverse auction
Admin manages this module through admin panel under “Customer Reverse Auction”.
Admin can see all the requests which are added by the customers in “Customer’s Request List”. From here admin can approve customer’s request. If “Request approval by admin” is disabled from back-end then all the requests are auto-approved.
Front End of opencart marketplace customer reverse auction
When the module is enabled a customer can add request for a product and can see approved customer’s request list.
A customer can also add his own request for a product.
Before Login :
After Login :
After placing a request, a customer can see his placed requests in “Request List” after login.
After approval of admin, the request status is approved.
After placing a request, a customer can edit his placed request.
Seller management of opencart marketplace customer reverse auction
That’s all for the Opencart Marketplace Customer Reverse Auction module still, have any issue feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views to make the module better http://webkul.uvdesk.com/.