Twilio SMS for WooCommerce is an extensive feature based plugin which provides a flexible platform to communicate with the customers.
Through this plugin, the admin can send notification messages to notify customers about the status of the orders.
The admin, as well as customers, will receive SMS notifications about the status of the orders i.e. order placed, order processing, order on-hold, order dispatch details, order cancellation, order failed and refund details.
Engaging with the customers is a major aspect for any business because we’re living in a world where everything is digitized.
So, companies and enterprises must ensure that they use the right communication tactic such as instant notification or automated messaging to provide quick response to the customers.
- The customer will receive a notification message after successfully registering with the site.
- The customer will receive notifications if an update is made in their profile or account.
- Customers, as well as the admin, will receive SMS notifications if the admin updates the order status.
- The admin and customers will receive SMS notifications if the order is put on hold by the admin.
- The admin, as well as customers, will receive SMS notifications if the order is canceled.
- Both, the admin and customers, will receive SMS notifications if the order delivery fails.
- The Customers and the admin, will receive notifications about the refund details.
- The admin receives notifications if customers write any product review.
The user will get a zip file which needs to be uploaded in the “Add New” menu option in the WordPress admin panel.
For this login to WordPress Admin Panel and in the Dashboard hover your mouse over the “Plugins” menu option select the “Add New” option.
On clicking the “Upload Plugin” option, the user will see a “Choose File” button. Click on the button to browse for the zip file as per the image below.
After browsing the file, click on the “Install Now” button so as to install the plugin as per the snapshot.
Once the user installs the plugin, a message “Plugin installed successfully” displays and an “Activate Plugin” is visible to activate the plugin. The user needs to click on the “Activate Plugin” button to activate the plugin.
- The user can hit the link- www.twilio.com to sign up with the Twilio SMS provider.
The admin, in the admin panel, can configure the settings for Twilio SMS Notification.
The admin receives the SID and the Token from the Twilio website by following the steps in the Twilio section.
Customer End Workflow
At the time of creating the account and registering with the site, the customer enters a phone number. On this phone number, the customer will receive SMS notifications regarding the status of the orders or account details.
Once a customer makes a purchase and places order for a product, the customer will receive a text message as shown in the image below.
When the order is ‘on hold’, or the ‘order fails’, the customer will receive the SMS notifications.
If there is an update in the customer’s account or change in the password then also, the customer will receive SMS notifications.
That’s all for Twilio SMS for WooCommerce. For any kind of technical assistance, just raise a ticket at : https://webkul.uvdesk.com/ and for any doubt contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - WooCommerce 3.0.x, 3.1.x, 3.2.x, 3.3.x, 3.4.x