WooCommerce Spin to Win: They say, ‘ the essence of traditional techniques never fades with time.’
It holds true even for the e-commerce sites, as even business entrepreneurs are integrating traditional gaming techniques with their sites, Spin to Win Wheel being one of them.
Woocommerce Spin to Win is one such plugin that integrates the traditional spin to win gaming feature which helps captivate the attention of the users.
This enticing feature ensures that users spend more time and engage more with the website. Also, on spinning the wheel, the users might win the coupon code which in turn can be availed while making a purchase.
If one wishes to convert their visitors into customers, then WooCommerce Spin to Win it is!
- The admin creates and manages the spin campaigns in the admin panel.
- The attributes of the spin wheel are managed by the admin.
- Segments of the spin wheel are created and managed by the admin.
- The admin sets the positions of the segments on a spin wheel.
- For a segment, the Gravity or probability of appearing must be set by the admin.
- The admin has to manage the layout of the spin wheel.
- A trigger option for a spin wheel is present in the admin specified pages for the customer.
- On clicking the trigger, the spin wheel shall pop up for the customers.
- The Report section includes the report and statistics for each spin campaign.
- On winning the spin, the customer will receive a coupon code, which can be availed while making a purchase.
- Customers will get coupon data on the e-mail and as well as on the spin to win section.
- The admin will get notifications, whenever the user wins a coupon using the spin to win wheel.
- Those segments of spin to win wheel will get deleted automatically in which the coupons get expired.
- The admin can configure endpoints by using admin panel.
The user will get a zip file which needs to be uploaded in the “Add New” menu option in the WordPress admin panel.
For this login to WordPress Admin Panel and in the Dashboard hover your mouse over the “Plugins” menu option select the “Add New” option.
On clicking the “Upload Plugin” option, the user will see a “Choose File” button. Click on the button to browse for the zip file as per the image below.
Once the user installs the plugin, a message “Plugin installed successfully” displays and an “Activate Plugin” is visible to activate the plugin.
Add Spin Campaign
On installing the WooCommerce Spin to Win plugin successfully, the admin can navigate to Spin to Win > Add Spin Campaign so as to add spin campaigns as shown in the image below.
The admin can configure the following fields:
Spin Campaign Name: The admin adds the name of the Spin Campaign.
Scheduled: Can be chosen as Yes or No by the admin. If set as Yes, the admin needs to set the start and the end dates.
Start Date: The admin sets the Start date of the Spin Campaign.
End Date: The End date of the Spin Campaign is set by the admin.
Status: The admin sets the status as Enable or Disable.
Priority: The admin sets the priority. The higher the value, higher is the priority.
On saving the details, a success message,”Added Spin Campaign Successfully” shall display as shown in the image below.
Also, some additonal tabs for spin wheel configuration will appear, as shown in the image below, once the Spin Campaign is created.
Spin to Win
Under the Spin to Win sub menu option, which is present under Spin to Win tab, the admin will find a Spin Campaign List.
To create a Spin Wheel and set its configurations, the admin needs to click on the ‘Edit‘ option of the respective Spin Campaign.
For instance, in the image below, the admin chooses to ‘Edit‘ the Mega Spin Contest campaign.
As the admin clicks on the ‘Edit’ option of the ‘Mega Spin Contest,’ an Edit Spin Campaign opens up displaying the tabs such as Spin wheel Form, Segment List, Add Segment, etc. as shown in the image below.
Let us discuss the configurations set under each tab, separately.
The admin needs to configure the Welcome and Result Forms of the spin wheel under Form tab.
Under Welcome Form, the admin will configure fields such as Heading, Description, Background Color 1 and 2, Text Color, etc.
The admin will configure the fields of the Welcome Form as under:
Heading: The heading which displays on the Welcome Form.
Description: The description that will display on the Welcome Form.
Background Color 1 and 2: The admin sets Background colors 1 and 2.
Text color: The color of the text.
Enable Customer’s Email Validation: The admin may set this as Yes or No.
Customer’s Name Label: If set as Yes, the admin sets the Label for the customer’s name.
Customer’s Email Address Label: Label for the customer’s Email Address.
- Label: The Label of the button.
- Background Color: The background color of the button.
- Text Color: The text color of the button.
Show Progress Meter: The admin may enable or disable teh progress meter.
- Meter Color: Color of the Progress Meter.
- Label: Label of the progress meter.
- Percentage: The percentage that will display along with the progress meter.
Under Result Form, the admin will configure the fields such as Coupon Background Color, Coupon Text Color, Button Text color, Button Label, etc.
The following fields are to be set by the admin under Result Form:
Background Color 1 and 2: The admin sets the backgrounf color 1 and 2 for the result form.
Text Color: The color of the text.
- Label: The label of the button.
- Background Color: The background color.
- Text Color: The color of the text.
Coupon Background Color: The background color of the coupon code.
Coupon Text Color: The text color of the coupon code.
Spin Wheel Form
Spin Wheel Welcome Form:
The admin will have to set the fields such as Pin Image, Background color, Background Image, Background Image Repeat Property, Show Pins, etc.
The Spin Wheel Welcome Form can be configured as follows:
Pin Image: The admin sets the image of the Pin.
Background Color: The Background Color of the pin image.
Backgorund Image: The image that will display in the background.
Background Image Repeat Property: The admin may set this as repeat.
Show Pins: The admin may enable the Show Pins field.
Pins Color: The color of the Pins is set by the admin.
Pin Stroke Color: The stroke color of the Pin is set by the admin.
Show Inner Wheel: The admin enables the Show Inner Wheel field.
Inner Radius: The inner radius is set by the admin.
Inner Circle Color: The color of the inner circle is set by the admin.
Stroke Color: The color of the stroke is set by the admin.
Segment Font Size: The font size of the segment is set by the admin.
Text Direction: The direction of the text.
Text Orientation: The orientation of the segment text.
Spin Wheel Colors Form:
Under Spin Wheel Colors Form, the admin configures the folowing fields:
Segment Background Color: The Background color of the segment.
Segment Text Color: The text color of the segment.
Spin Wheel Result Form:
The follwing fields are to be set under Spin Wheel Result Form:
- Background Color: The background color of the result segment.
- Segment Text Color: The text color of the segment.
- Background Color: The background color of the remaining segment.
- Text Color: the text color of the remaining segment.
For adding a new segment the admin can click on the Add New button. After that, following options will appear under Add Segment tag.
- Label: Enter the name of the lable for the added segment.
- Status: Choose the status of the segment as Enable/Disable.
- Type: Choose the type for the added segment as Win/Lose/Spin Again.
- Heading: Enter the heading for the label that will appear on spin win.
- Description: Enter the description for the label here. This will appear on the result form.
- Limit: The admin can set the limit for the occurrence of the segment.
Note: For setting the limit as infinity set limit as -1.
- Gravity/Probability in %: Enter the probability of occurence of the segment from 0 to 100%.
- Position: Enter the position of the segment.
- Restrict Coupon to Winner: The admin can select yes for restricting the use of the coupon for the winner else any one can use it.
- Coupons: Choose the coupon for this segment.
After entering the required details the admin needs to click on the save button to save the sagment for the spin to win wheel.
Next is the Layout Configuration tab, under which the admin need to configure the following fields:
View: The admin sets this as either Sidebar Slide or Pop Up Dialog.
Popup Position: The admin sets the position of the spin wheel popup.
Spin Wheel Trigger Button Position: The position of the Spin wheel Trigger button.
Popup Trigger Button Position: The position of the popup trigger button.
Under the Trigger Settings tab, the admin will have to configure the Visibility Form and the Spin Button Form.
The Visibility Form inludes the following fields which the admin needs to configure:
Spin Wheel Visibility: The admin sets the pages on which the Spin to win Trigger shall display.
Add Logo: The admin may add a logo for the popup.
Spin Button Form:
The Spin Button Form inludes the following fields which the admin needs to configure:
- Spin to Win Image: The image of the Spin to Win trigger.
- Show Button: The admin may set this as Yes or No.
- Background Color: The background color of the Spin button.
- Text Color: The color of the text.
- Button Label: The label of the button.
As soon as the customers win the spin and receive a coupon code, they can avail the discount coupon on a product purchase.
The Reports tab displays a statistical view and a tabular representation which includes the deatils such as Name, Username, Email, Loaction, Orders, Money Spent, Last Orders, Actions and Coupon Code, as shown in the image below.
The admin can even make use of the filters for viewing the reports of Spin Winner/Losser/All User by selecting the desired user from the dropdown.
Spin to Win Configuration Settings (Frontend)
This module also allows the admin to configure spin to win tabs for the customer panel and for this, the admin can navigate through Spin To Win> Configuration.
Following are the options that admin needs to enter to configure customer panel for this module.
- Spin to win Endpoint: Endpoint URL for spin to win.
- Spin to win dashboard Label: Dashboard label for spin to win.
- Played Spin Endpoint: Endpoint URL for played spin.
- Played Spin dashboard Label: Dashboard label for played spin.
- Won Spin Coupons Endpoint: Endpoint URL for won spin coupons.
- Won Spin Coupons dashboard Label: Dashboard label for won spin coupon.
Customer panel images after configuration:
The customer can click on the Played Spin tab to view the Spin To Win wheel details.
Similarly, by clicking on Won Spin Coupon tab the customer can view the coupon details which he have won from Spin To Win wheel.
FrontEnd: Spin to Win Wheel Visibility
In order to Spin the Wheel, the admin will have to login.
If Guest Users wish to try the Spin to Win offers, they need to register themselves, first. Thereafter, they can spin the wheel.
A login customer will find the Spin to Win trigger present on the admin configured pages.
For instance, if the admin configures the trigger to display on the My Account page, it will display as shown in the image below.
On clicking the trigger present in the My Account page, a Spin to Win Wheel shall appear as shown in the image below.
A Spin to Win Wheel and its segments display along with their associated offers.
A Welcome Form, also appears along with the Spin to Win Wheel as shown below.
Note: One customer can use the spin wheel one time for one spin campaign with his/her registered email id.
Spinning the Wheel: Win-Case
On winning the spin, the spin wheel shall change its color displaying the win state.
Also, a coupon code will display as the customer wins the spin as shown in the image below.
Thereafter, the customer can proceed to shopping and avail the coupon code while making a purchase.
The customer adds desired products to cart so as to make a purchase. Against the Apply coupon tab, the customer needs to add the won coupon code as shown in the image below.
A success message, “Coupon code applied successfully”shall display on top of the Cart Page.
Also, under Cart Totals, the Coupon applied will display as shown in the image below.
Once the coupon is availed, the customer can Proceed to Checkout and Place the Order.
The customer will have to add the Billing details, chose the Payment Method and Place the Order.
The order details also displays the discount which is applicable on the products which the customer purchases.
That’s all for the WooCommerce Spin to Win module. If you face any issue, feel free to raise and add a ticket at HelpDesk Support.
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - WooCommerce 3.0.x, 3.1.x, 3.2.x, 3.4.x, 3.5.x, 3.6.x, 3.7.x