To increase sales, you can consider having an auction in addition to simply making your things available for purchase. This application will make it easier for you to achieve that.
You may launch an online auction on your Wix store with the Wix Product Auction App. As a result of the app’s numerous capabilities, starting and managing online auctions is made simple.
A product can be auctioned in a few easy steps with the help of the Product Auction application. Undoubtedly, the user-friendly UI will aid in your initial setup.
- For each product, an administrator can create and control auctions.
- The auction can be manually started and ended.
- Admin can even restart the unsuccessful auctions.
- Set a reserve price, which is the lowest price that must be reached to win.
- Admin can configure their email settings to send notification emails to the customers.
- An admin can set up auctions for several products at once.
Watch YouTube Video
now. Read More
The Flow of Installation and Configuration
Admin needs to configure auction settings as follows:–
Email:- Admin needs to insert an email ID on which admin wants to receive emails for the placed bids.
Email Notification for Every Bid:- By enabling this option, Admin will be able to receive notification for every bid.
Show Current Bid:- After enabling this option, the current bid will be visible on the product page.
Show Bid Count:- After enabling this option, the total number of bid counts will be visible on the product page.
Restrict Reserve Price:- Admin will be able to restrict the reserve price so that the purchase can not be made if the last bid amount is less than the reserve price.
Amount to be paid by Auction winner:- The amount to be paid by the auction winner can be set here.
- Winning Bid:- If the admin selects the winning bid then only the amount on which the auction got completed will be paid by the customer.
- Percentage of Winning Bid:- If the admin puts the percentage amount then the customer will need to pay the winning bid amount plus the percentage amount that the admin has applied.
To know how to configure email settings, please visit the User Guide and follow the required steps.
Note – The above settings are for Gmail, in case you are using any other email service then contact your email service provider for the following details.
Add Auction to Products
STEP 1:- After configuring the application, Admin needs to manually sync the data by clicking on “Sync Products”.
STEP 2:- Click on the plus icon “+” to add the auction on the products.
STEP 3:- After clicking on the plus icon, You will be redirected to the page where you need to fill out product auction details.
Click on Select Products on which you want to set the Auctions (Max. 10 products can be selected at one time).
- If you want to start the auction on the product automatically, enable the “Automatic Start Auction” button.
- Need to enter the Base Price i.e the minimum price from which the bid will get started and the Reserve Price i.e the minimum auction price below which the admin will not sell the product.
- You need to set the time duration by specifying the auction start/end date and time.
- After applying all the settings you need to click on Save to set the auction.
STEP 4:- When you add an auction to a product, the auction for that product starts. You can view complete auction detail in the “Auctions” section of the app. Also, you can edit the auction details as well as stop the auction on the product manually.
Add Auction Page to Homepage :
When the auction app will get installed on your end, it will automatically create an auction category under Store products >> Categories as shown below :
Now you need to open that category and click on add the category to site option as shown :
When you will click on Add now option, it will redirect you to create the page.
Click on create page option as shown below :
Click on Publish site
Auction Page on Home page :
When you add auction products and the auction starts, your auction window for the auction products will look like this on the front end :
Declaration of Winner
After the auction ends, the admin will be able to see information about the bidding and winner details and can also notify the auction winner. If somehow, notified winner is not purchasing the product then the admin will be able to notify the alternative winners.
The email shown below will be sent when the admin will notify the winner, having a link to purchase the auction product that the user won.