Upload Attachments While Ordering with Odoo Website Product Files Upload!
Sometimes Buyers wish to submit attachments relating to the goods while making a purchase. It takes a long time to communicate product specifications via chat or email systems.
Customers are drawn in by the option to upload files to your odoo website while making a purchase. It improves the user experience and simplifies the process for buyers and sellers.
The Odoo Website Product File upload module allows your clients to submit many files while placing an order with the Odoo Website.
Admin can specify the limit of the number of file uploads and assign users to file upload from the backend.
Odoo Company ? Find out More
Odoo e-commerce allows the admin to define file upload settings to be optional depending on the situation.
Also, they can define the maximum file upload size from the backend and set the users for file upload.
Admin can configure file upload settings as required or optional as per the requirement of the product.
The Customers can add attachments to the product only when the file upload option is enabled on the product by the seller from the backend.
- Backend admin can enable Odoo Website Product Files Upload.
- They can specify whether the file upload type is necessary or optional based on the product and requirement in odoo apps.
- On the Odoo website, the admin can specify the maximum upload attachment file size.
- They can also enable file upload for both all users and logged-in users.
- Customers can upload several files for a single product.
- Customers can submit JPG, PDF, and PNG files.
- Users can delete attachments immediately by clicking the Delete button.
- Odoo website product file upload allows the customer to add the identical file again after deleting it.
- Customers can communicate with the seller when placing an order on the Odoo Website.
- When adding a product to the cart, users must select the ‘Required Upload’ type from the odoo backend.
- Users who select the ‘Optional Upload’ option can upload files on the ‘Payment’ page or even after placing the order.
- Admin can view the product attachment in a separate menu from the Odoo app Backend.
- They can also access the odoo app backend to download user-uploaded attachments.
- Once you purchase the App from the Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. As a result, you will be able to see a folder named- ‘website_cart_upload_attachments’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo Apps and then, click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and then, search ‘website_cart_upload_attachments’.
- As a result, you will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
- Firstly, log in to the ‘Odoo Instance’ and go to the ‘Website’ module.
- Now go to products and open the product page for which you want to configure the product upload setting.
- Here, go to the Product File Upload Settings under the eCommerce tab.
- After upload, you have to either select upload required or upload optional option, you can configure settings as per the requirements.
- Now go to the website under the configuration menu, configure the website product maximum file size, and set the user to upload.
- User error appears when adding the product to the cart in case the required file upload is selected from the backend configuration.
- In the case of optional file upload customers can upload the even after making the payment for the product from the website
- Check the product file attachment from the backend
- you can also view the product attachment in a separate menu from the Odoo app Backend by going into the orders section.
Hope you find the guide helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues/queries regarding the same, please raise a ticket at the UV Desk.
For any doubt, contact us at our support mail.
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.2
Supported Framework Version - Odoo 16 ,15 ,14