We are here to introduce another feature app in Multivendor Marketplace for Shopify named “PayPal Adaptive” to manage payment within the app in a more secure way.
Through PayPal Adaptive, once the customer pays amount for the order via PayPal amount will get transferred automatically to the respective admin and seller account as per the share is configured on the basis of commission.
This is the case if the admin selects the payment type as “Autopay Mode”.
Admin can also select the “Manual Pay” mode using PayPal. If this is the case, admin will receive the total order amount. And he will pay the seller’s earning manually.
Admin can use this feature using Shopify checkout and Multivendor checkout feature as well.
Important Points to be Noted
- To make “the PayPal Adaptive” work with Multivendor checkout, you need to select “Marketplace Shipping” as the default option.
- To make this feature work, both Admin and seller need to have their business PayPal accounts.
- Admin needs to Contact PayPal to get the PayPal Adaptive Credentials (i.e. API details).
- This feature will not work in case of “Gift Card” or “Customers applying discount code during checkout” i.e. Once the customer pays the amount for the order, the total amount will be received by the admin and then, admin will be responsible to transfer earnings to the seller after deducting his commission.
- In case you as the Store Owner also selling your own products, then you have to become a Seller on the App to get Payment through PayPal Adaptive if your Product gets sold.
- Before enabling this feature app, Please Contact PayPal to get the PayPal Adaptive Credentials (i.e. API details).
To get advantage of this feature, the admin needs to visit the “Feature Apps” section and enable this feature with an additional charge of 10 USD per month.
Features of Paypal Adaptive
- Once the customer makes the payment using PayPal, the order amount will get transferred automatically to respective admin and seller account.
- Payment will get split between the admin and seller as per their share configured on the basis of commission.
- Admin will select the payment type as “Autopay mode” or “Manual mode”.
- Admin can use this feature using Shopify checkout and also by using multivendor checkout feature.
How to enable Paypal Adaptive
To enable this payment method, all you need to do is to visit the “Feature Apps” section of your Multivendor App and activate this feature from there.
Once you visit the “Feature Apps” section, scroll down to get the “PayPal Adaptive” payment feature. Now, click on “Enable” button to activate this feature on your store.
Now, you need to agree to pay the additional amount of 10 USD per month over and above your current Multivendor plan.
In this way, you can enable this payment feature within your Multivendor app once you approve this charge.
Once you enable the “PayPal Adaptive” payment feature in your app, Visit the Payment Configuration Section and enable the Autopay to seller Tab in PayPal Payout Configuration menu.
Now, you will get an additional checkout payment method in the order section.
Once you click this “Add” button to add this payment method for the checkout page, you need to fill all these details as mentioned below.
These details include the following:
- PayPal Adaptive Payment name created at Shopify payment section.
- You can keep the Sandbox mode “ON” for testing purpose.
- You can select the payment type also. Whether you want to pay to your seller automatically or manually.
- Also, you need to fill your API App name, ID and password.
- Mention your PayPal email ID and signature also.
To get all these details, you need to login to your PayPal where you will get all the API details.
How to create a Custom Payment Method
Important Note:- Admin needs to create the PayPal Adaptive payment name at Shopify Payment settings to add Payment Name at the checkout page.
And make sure that “Name of your Custom Payment Method should be same as the name of your PayPal Payment Method (which is entered in the checkout payment method section)“.
Follow the procedure:
Shopify admin panel>>Go to Settings (at the lower left corner of the page)>>Click on “Payment Providers”>>visit “Manual Payments” section>>click “Create Custom Payment Method” from drop down>>Enter Payment Method name>>Click on “Activate” button.
In this way, you can create “PayPal Adaptive” Payment method which the customer will select at the checkout page once added by the admin.
Once the admin chooses this payment method, the seller needs to configure it from his end too. Seller just needs to enter his payment detail to receive his order earnings.
Seller Dashboard>>Profile>>Payment Details>>Enter details>>Save.
In this way, a seller can set his/her payment details.
At the checkout page, the customer can choose the “PayPal” payment method to pay for the order.
Now, once the order is placed, the amount paid by the customer will automatically get transferred into the seller and admin account respectively.
Now, both admin and seller can get their share directly in their respective accounts using PayPal payment method. Admin can view the payment details from the “Seller Payment Detail” section on admin end.
Now, admin can view the payment details from “Seller payment Detail” section of the admin panel. He can manage the seller’s amount to be paid via PayPal.
Admin can transfer the share of the seller via PayPal. In this way, the payment process goes via PayPal using PayPal Adaptive feature app of Multivendor app.
Frontend and Backend Demo Details
Follow the below links and credentials to use the demo of Multivendor Marketplace app for Shopify:
Hope you like this blog. To get more interesting blogs, keep in touch with us. If you need any kind of support, just raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/. You can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get proper assistance.
Thank You for reading this Blog!