In this article, we will find out how to reduce WooCommerce cart abandonment. But let us first understand what is it.
When a customer comes on your website and adds some products to the cart but didn’t proceed to checkout due to some reason and lefts the cart there and just moves out from your website.
Or the customer goes busy searching for other products on your website and then forgets to return the cart.
Now, the customer lefts the cart abandoned and it’s not good for the e-commerce site owners as the customer shows interest in purchasing products but somehow didn’t buy them.
So, online merchants must try to decrease their abandoned cart rates from their websites to improve sales.
WordPress Company ? Read More
There can be several reasons for the customers to leave the cart abandoned and the sellers need to look out for them and then try to improve strategies so that there will be no pending checkout.
Reasons for Cart Abandonment
The major reasons for cart abandonment are:
- The sudden hike in the product price
- Shopping cart page speed
- Checkout process
- Payment processing
- Call of action button on the product page
- Product content
- Trustworthy products
- Genuine reviews and ratings
- Faster and better communication
Steps to Reduce the Cart Abandonment
- Try to avoid a sudden hike in prices if you are showing a product with a higher price and the customer finds the same product with a lower price on another website then the customer will definitely purchase the product from another website and left the product abandoned in the cart and this will definitely have an impact on the sales conversion on your website.
- Try to avoid hidden prices added to the product at the time of check-out like some service charges etc. as there is a higher possibility that the customer will leave the cart if they saw a hidden price added to the cart during the check-out process.
- Try to provide regular discounts and offers on your products to apply to the cart during check-out so that the sales conversion on your website increases.
The users can use our WooCommerce Daily Deals plugin to provide discounts on products on their website to increase sales conversions and help removes cart abandonment on your website.
Try to use one step checkout process so that the customers can easily check out with the product purchase and can easily add coupons, and shipping details, then select a payment method from the single checkout page.
Try to use the payment gateway which has a very fast payment processing speed so that the customers don’t have to wait too long for the payment to process if the payment process takes too much time then there is a higher probability that the customer will leave your website and left the cart abandoned there.
Call of Action
The call of action button is the button which enables the customers to take an action. On your product like Add to Cart button is the call of action button which enables the customers to add that product to the cart to purchase.
So, the call of action button will be directly visible to the customer so that he can directly add the product to the cart.
Faster and better communication
The users have to enable a faster and more effective communication system on their website to communicate with the active customers on their website so that if they have some queries regarding a product then you can directly assist them and help them purchase the required products.
This will definitely increase the sales conversion on your website and help removes abandoned carts on the website. The user can use our Admin Buyer Chat plugin to enable the chat system on their website for effective communication with the customers. The users can also use Quote System for their customers to ask for a quote before purchasing a product. If the admin approves the customer quote then the customer can directly add the product to the cart to purchase the product accordingly.
- Send personalized offers to the customers who left their cart abandoned and encourage them to complete the checkout process.
- Make your website more secure for the customers so that they can make transactions on your website. Enable SSL on your website, enable HTTPS on your website etc.
Trustworthy products – Genuine reviews and ratings
Try to provide more genuine reviews and ratings for a product on your website from verified users. So that the customers will get confidence while purchasing a product. This will have a higher tendency to purchase, easily reducing the abandoned carts rates and helping increase conversions.
WooCommerce Cart Abandonment Reminder
To help online retailers, Webkul has developed the WooCommerce Cart Abandonment Reminder plugin that allows the admin to send emails to all those customers who did not complete the checkout.
That is all for the WooCommerce cart abandonment, if you have any queries then you can contact us at [email protected] and let us know your views to make the article better.
Leave a Comment