Prestashop WebAR (Augmented Reality) Product: Engage customers and improve their shopping experience by adding augmented reality (AR) to your online store. Let customers view the item in their own space and explore every inch and angle of the product.
- Customers can view AR on the supported smartphones and tablets.
- Show all the sides of a product to your customers.
- View dimensions of WebAR image.
- Give customers more complete information about products.
- Increase customers’ satisfaction.
Note: Prestashop WebAR (Augmented Reality) Product module is compatible with PrestaShop version 8.x.x and multi-store feature.
Some devices do not support the WebAR functionality due to their old version because the old version devices can not have the functionality to view the AR products or maybe you can update your device version and try here is the link to know which devices support WebAR.
Features of Prestashop WebAR (Augmented Reality) Product
- Allows customers to examine the product from all angles.
- Add WebAR files to the catalog products of your Prestashop store.
- Choose to display the WebAR images from the available 3 positions.
- Upload GLB and USDZ media files for Android and iOS respectively.
- Add AR media files for specific product combinations.
- Display dimensions of WebAR images.
- Customers can visualize the product in their own space through the supported smartphone’s camera.
Installation – Prestashop WebAR (Augmented Reality) Product
- Firstly, go to the module manager in the back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
Kindly note that the uploaded file size of products should be max upto 66M.
Prestashop Company ? Find out More
Admin End Management – Prestashop WebAR (Augmented Reality) Product
After installing the module successfully the admin needs to configure the module to display the AR model based on the available options.
There are three position options available in the module in which the admin can display the AR model of the product on the product detail page.
- Product page footer
- Product page tab
- Override product page image thumbnail
Adding the AR model file for Simple Product
Go to catalog-> Products-> Edit Product-> Modules to set webAR for the product.
On clicking the Configure button, admin can set webAR for the product.
On clicking the “Add WebAr Model” button, admin can upload the Web Ar image for Android and IOS.
Ar Model File (Android)
In this section admin needs to upload a media file (Image) for android and the format of the image for android is GLB.
GLB is a 3D file format that is used in augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), and games. It offers a perfect combination of small file size and fast load times.
Ar model File (ios)
In this section admin needs to upload a media file (Image) for iOS (Apple) and the format of the image for iOS is USDZ.
USDZ is a 3D file format that shows AR content on iOS devices.
For Product with Combinations
With Prestashop WebAR (Augmented Reality) Product extension, admin can also set webAR for particular combination of a product.
Front End Workflow
When a customer visits the product page, he can spin and view the product from all angles.
Display of WebAR image when admin selects the “Product page footer” display mode from module configuration.
Display of WebAR image when admin selects the “Product page tab” display mode from module configuration.
WebAR image when “Override product page image thumbnail” is selected from the module configuration.
View dimensions of the WebAR image
The user can also check the dimension of the WebAR image just by clicking on the show dimensions options available in the bottom of WebAR image.
Customers can visualize the product in their own space by clicking on “View in your space” on android and iOS device.
Customers need to permit the module to access their mobile’s camera in order to view AR images on their device. After providing access, customers can view how the product fits in their space.
This was all about Prestashop WebAR (Augmented Reality) Product module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way. Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
Current Product Version - 4.2.0
Supported Framework Version - 8.x.x, 1.7.x.x