Prestashop WebAR (Augmented Reality) Product: Engage customers and improve their shopping experience by adding augmented reality (AR) to your online store. Let customers view the item in their own space and explore every inch and angle of the product.
- Customers can view AR on their smartphones and tablets.
- Show all the sides of a product to your customers.
- Give customers more complete information about products.
- Increase customers’ satisfaction.
Note: Prestashop WebAR (Augmented Reality) Product module is compatible with PrestaShop version 8.x.x and multi-store feature.
Some devices do not support the WebAR functionality due to their old version because the old version devices can not have the functionality to view the AR products or maybe you can update your device version and try here is the link to know which devices support WebAR.
Features of Prestashop WebAR (Augmented Reality) Product
- Allows customers to examine the product from all angles.
- Add WebAR files to the catalog products of your Prestashop store.
- Upload GLB and USDZ media files for Android and iOS respectively.
- Add AR media files for specific product combinations.
- Customers can visualize the product in their own space through the smartphone’s camera.
Installation – Prestashop WebAR (Augmented Reality) Product
- Firstly, go to the module manager in the back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
Kindly note that the uploaded file size of products should be max upto 66M.
Prestashop Company ? Read More
Admin End Management – Prestashop WebAR (Augmented Reality) Product
For Simple Product
Go to catalog-> Products-> Edit Product-> Modules to set webAR for the product.
On clicking the Configure button, admin can set webAR for the product.
On clicking the “Add WebAr Model” button, admin can upload the Web Ar image for Android and IOS.
Ar Model File (Android)
In this section admin needs to upload a media file (Image) for android and the format of the image for android is GLB.
GLB is a 3D file format that is used in augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), and games. It offers a perfect combination of small file size and fast load times.
Ar model File (ios)
In this section admin needs to upload a media file (Image) for iOS (Apple) and the format of the image for iOS is USDZ.
USDZ is a 3D file format that shows AR content on iOS devices.
For Product with Combinations
With Prestashop WebAR (Augmented Reality) Product extension, admin can also set webAR for particular combination of a product.
Front End Workflow
When a customer visits the product page, he can spin and view the product from all the angles.
Customers can visualize the product in their own space by clicking on “View in your space” on android and iOS device.
Customer need to permit the module to access their mobile’s camera in order to view AR images on their device. After providing the access, customers can view how the product fits in their space.
This was all about Prestashop WebAR (Augmented Reality) Product module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way. Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
For any kind of technical assistance or query, please raise a ticket at http://webkul.uvdesk.com or send us a mail at [email protected]
Also, please explore our Prestashop development services and vast range of quality Prestashop addons.
Current Product Version - 4.1.0
Supported Framework Version - 8.x.x, 1.7.x.x
Leave a Comment