PrestaShop Voice Search module allows your customers use their voice commands to search for the products. Using voice search commands, customers will find it easier to search the products on your eCommerce store. Voice search also makes the process faster as it omits the process of entering search text.
Apart from the search, this module also allows customers to use voice commands to fill in their details in the relevant fields. This functionality of filling in details via voice commands is currently available for the customers while doing the following functions.
- Fill in the name details while creating account using voice commands.
- Add/update address details using voice commands.
Note: Prestashop Voice Search module is compatible with PrestaShop framework version 8.x.x.
Check the overview of the plugin in the video mentioned-below –
Features of the PrestaShop Voice Search module
- Add a voice search option to your website.
- Helps customers to quickly fill in the text in search bar using voice recognition system.
- Automatically types in the text in search bar by recognizing the text spoken by customer/user.
- Displays all the relevant results automatically based on the search text filled in via voice search.
- Voice commands are also available for customers to use while adding/updating address.
- Users can also fill in their first & last name using voice commands while creating an account.
- The customers can get the desired search results on the website just by using their voice instead of typing text manually.
- Supports multiple languages.
- PrestaShop Voice Search module is MultiShop Compatible.
How to install the PrestaShop Voice Search module
- Firstly, go to the module manager in the back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
- The module works only on the HTTPS websites.
- It is also compatible with four browsers:
- Google Chrome(33)
Workflow of the PrestaShop Voice Search module
After the successful installation of the module, a voice search button start appearing alongside the search bar.
Prestashop Company ? Find out More
The customers can use this to search for the products they want to buy.
After clicking on the “voice search” button, a pop-up notification appears on the screen.
Now, allow access to use the microphone by the browser to start using the voice search feature.
Now a customer can speak on the microphone & it will automatically type in the search box. After that, search results will also appear based on the search text.
A customer can also select the language to use voice search in that particular language.
Say, if a customer is from “France” and he only speaks “French“.
Now, in this case, a customer needs to select the “French” language first & then speak in the voice search box to perform the voice search.
In case, if he selects the “English” language & speaks “French” then no search query will be performed.
Voice search option on other pages
A customer can also make use of the voice command button to fill in the details in the name field while creating an account.
This usually happens in the following manner.
- A customer first clicks on the voice command button.
- Then, he/she speaks into their microphone.
- On detecting the voice, the spoken test automatically fills into the field.
Note: There is a voice command button against each text field. Hence, the text fills in that box only whose voice button the customer clicked.
The automatic text filling functionality using the voice command button also works on other pages of the shop too.
Customer Address Update Page
The functionality works in the same way as explained in the above section.
Customer Personal Information Page
So, this was all about the PrestaShop Voice Search module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way.
Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
Current Product Version - 4.0.2
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x