Many times it has been seen that the customer faces difficulty while making payment. The problem could be anything ranging from gateway issue to connection problem. This can not only trigger cart abandonment but might also make the customer leave the website to never return back again. Prestashop virtual payment terminal will surely help you to avoid all this problem.
Let’s see this with an example to understand how this module can be helpful. Suppose a customer came on to your website of online shop with an intent to purchase items from here. He/she adds the product to the cart and proceed to checkout. But suddenly, while making the payment, the customer starts facing internet connectivity issue and fails to make the payment. Now, in this case, there are fair chances that you might lose this customer. Hence, in order to retain the sales and the customer, you can offer the customer to make the payment via virtual payment terminal.
This payment method will allow the customer to save the card details on the website. So that store owner can process the payment for the order himself afterward. The store owners can contact the customer with whatever medium deems fit to process the payment with the customer card details. Another very important setting in the configuration allows customers to choose the method to save card details of the customer. They can either choose to save all the details in the database or half in the database and receive another half via mail.
Features of the module
How to install the module
How to configure the module
In order to provide the payment method to the customer, firstly you need to configure the module. So, let’s see all the available options one by one.
- You can choose to show or hide this payment method to the customers.
- Set a minimum and maximum order amount required to use this payment method.
- You can also choose to save card details in two ways.
- The first one is to save half card details in the database and receive the other half via mail.
- Another way is to save all the information in the database itself.
- Enter an email ID to receive other half card details in case if you have chosen to receive it via mail.
- Select the order status for the orders placed via this payment method.
- Choose to delete the card details after certain order status.
- Select that order status after which you want to delete the card details of the customer.
- Select whether you want to show saved card details on the order history page or not.
Another tab in the configuration setting allows you to show or hide certain fields from the form. You can choose to show or hide the following fields from the card details form.
- The name of the cardholder
- Card number
- The expiry date of the card
- CVV of the card
Workflow of the module
As you can see that now there is an option to pay via virtual payment terminal at the checkout page. Customer can now proceed to pay via this payment method after filling in all the relevant details.
The name of the payment method is also available on the order confirmation page. Additionally, customers can also see the extra information related to the payment on this page.
The saved card details are also available on the order details page at the customers end.
Furthermore, the details of the card is also available to admin at their order details page too.
Customer Details Page
The saved card details of the customer is also available at the admin end under customer details section.
Here in this screenshot, you can see the view of the email template which admin receives with the other half details of the card.
This was all about Prestashop Virtual Payment Terminal Module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way. Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
In case if you want to know more about other payment modules developed by webkul, check the list at https://store.webkul.com/PrestaShop-Extensions/Payment.html
For any kind of technical assistance, just raise a ticket at http://webkul.uvdesk.com and for any doubt contact us at email@example.com
Current Product Version - 4.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x