In our day to day life, we all need one or the other product regularly or at regular intervals. If we see around, we will find that now many people don’t even like to go out for shopping. They rather prefer their products to be delivered at their doorstep. Unlike other products, daily essential products are something that we need at regular intervals. Therefore, the concept of product subscription is getting popular these days. Hence, in order to integrate the same functionality on a Prestashop store, Prestashop Subscription Products will help you.
Product subscription is a process in which a customer subscribes to a product to receive its delivery at regular intervals. More and more customers are now opting for this method to buy products on a day to day basis. This method not only saves them from purchasing the product again and again but also helps them in saving money. As most of the merchants generally offer a discount on subscribing to the product. Product subscription also allows customers to reduce their worry too, as they don’t need to remember to buy the product again and again. The store owners can also allow their customers to update or cancel their subscription with this module.
Check the overview of the plugin in the video mentioned-below –
Features of the Prestashop Subscription Products module
- Provide functionality of product subscription to your customers.
- Notify customers about their subscription via mail.
- Allow your customers to update the quantity of the product in the subscription.
- Let your customers cancel their subscription by themselves.
- Show or hide the subscribe button in the ‘quick view’ page of the product.
- Customize the text of the subscribe button.
- Set the number of days prior to the delivery date to create the order.
- Select the payment methods to make them available for payment of subscription products.
- Choose to activate or deactivate a particular product for the subscription.
- Select the frequency of delivery cycle in an interval of days, weeks, months, and years.
- Let your customers delete the subscription product from the checkout page.
- View a list of all the subscribed products under the ‘My subscription’ tab.
- A list of subscribed products and subscribers is available at the admin end too.
- A list of orders of all the subscription products is also available at the admin end.
- Details of all the upcoming delivery of the products are available under the scheduled orders section.
Prestashop Subscription Products module is compatible with recurring payment gateways only. In case, if you are using any third-party recurring payment method, then we’ll need to integrate them separately.
The Integration will attract additional costs as per the efforts required.
Moreover, you can also have a look at our recurring payment modules. They are already compatible with this module. And, we’ll integrate these already compatible modules under “support”.
Here’s a list of recurring payment modules that we offer:
In case of any further query or doubt please feel free to write us at http://webkul.uvdesk.com.
How to install the Prestashop Subscription Products module
- Firstly, go to the module manager in back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
How to configure the Prestashop Subscription Products module
In order to provide subscription functionality to customers, firstly you need to configure the module. So, let’s see what all options do we have in the configuration settings?
In the general configuration part, you can-
- Choose to send an email notification to customers regarding their subscription.
- Allow or restrict your customers to cancel or update their subscription.
- Offer your customers to subscribe to pack products and virtual products for the subscription.
- Show or hide the subscribe button on the ‘quick view’ page of the product.
- Customize the text of the subscribe button.
In this section, you can set the number of days prior to delivery date to create the order.
Under this section, you can see the name of all the payment methods of the store. You can just simply enable some of them for the subscription products. The selected payment methods are available to customers for the payment of the subscription products.
Note: Before choosing the payment method for the subscription product, make sure that they support recurring payments.
Create subscription products
To create a subscription product, you need to go to ‘Modules’ section of the edit product page. After that, click on the configure button to proceed.
After clicking the configure button, the following page will also open at your end. Here, you can enable the product for the subscription. And, you can choose the frequency of the delivery of the product which you want to offer your customers.
Let’s say you want your customers to choose only monthly and weekly delivery of the product. Then, in such a case, you need to enable monthly and weekly cycles only. Also, select what frequency do you want your customers to choose for delivery. Say, you want your customer to choose every 4 weeks, every month and every two months. Then, you only need to tick the boxes representing these cycles. So that, at the product page, these options do appear to customer while subscribing the product.
- A new order is created for every subscription cycle (like weekly, monthly etc.)
- Send a notification about the order of subscription product to the customer too.
- Also, send a notification of subscription renewal to the customer.
Procedure to subscribe the product
On the product page, now customers will get two new options. The first option is to facilitate the subscription process & the second will help in ordering the product normally.
Now, in order to subscribe the product, a customer must select the option of “Subscribe” using radio buttons.
After selecting the option, two new options to choose delivery frequency & the first delivery date will appear. Now, a customer will need to select the delivery frequency out of available options & the first delivery date to proceed further.
Please note that a customer can select any date from the next 7 days as first delivery date.
After selecting the above details, a customer can click on the “Add to cart” button.
On clicking the “Add to Cart” button, cart popup window will appear on the screen.
Checkout process of subscription product
Now, on the cart page, two new buttons also becomes available. Let’s understand the working of each button one by one.
- Cross Button: On clicking this button, a customer can remove the subscription of this product from the cart. and, later he/she can choose to order it as a normal product.
- View Button: Customers can click this button to proceed to edit or view the subscription details of the product.
After clicking the “View” button, the following popup appears on the screen. Here, a customer can either edit the details of the subscription or just view it. In case, if a customer updates any information, then he/she should make sure to click the “Update” button afterwards.
Placing the order of subscription product
Now, on proceeding to place the order of subscription product, a customer will need to follow the normal ordering process.
On making the payment successfully, the order will be placed. This “Order Confirmation Page” also contains the short details of the subscription. Apart from this, a customer can also choose to view subscription information in detail by clicking on the “View Details” button.
Subscription product details page
On clicking “View Details” button, the following page will open. Here, details like delivery frequency, address, shipping method etc. are available.
The above page also contains a “Back” button. On clicking that button, a customer will go to ‘My Subscriptions‘ section. The ‘My Subscriptions” section contains list of all the products subscribed by the customer.
After making the payment for subscription of the product, a new order is also created.
View details of the order of the subscription product on the ‘Order details’ page.
On the customer dashboard, a new tab to view all the subscriptions of the product is also available. Moreover, you can also view the list of all the subscribed products under this tab.
- The subscription will automatically renew if a customer doesn’t cancel it manually beforehand.
- A customer can subscribe to only one product at a time.
- If an admin disables or deletes the subscription product, then all subscriptions will cancel automatically.
In this section, we will see the templates of the mails that module sends to customer on various instances.
When a customer subscribes a product successfully
When the customer’s subscription renewal date is near
After a customer updates the product subscription details successfully
When a customer cancels his/her existing subscription of a product
On the admin’s end, new tabs are added for managing subscription products, subscribers and their orders.
Under the products tab, you can view the list of all the subscribed products. The list also contains the total number of subscribers and the total quantity of subscribed products.
Here a very important section on the list is of ‘delivery cycles’. They represent various kinds of delivery cycles offered by admin on the product.
Let’s say that the monthly cycle contains the following data i.e 2,4,6 against any product. What does it signify?
It signifies that the customers can opt for the delivery of their products either in every 2 months, 4 months, or 6 months.
The subscribers tab contains the name of all the customers who have subscribed to one or the other products. Additionally, it also contains the total number of products and the total quantity of these products.
After clicking on the view button, you can view all the subscribed products of the customer. Moreover, It also provides information about subscription date, first delivery & the delivery dates thereafter.
This section contains the list of all the orders of subscription products. Please note that it does not contain the list of the order of normal products. However, you can also go to the order details page of any specific order on clicking the view button.
Under the ‘scheduled orders’, you can view the upcoming deliveries or the orders whose delivery is due/in near future. Additionally, you can also know the upcoming delivery date of the subscribed product along with the name of the subscriber.
Subscription by customers
At last, there is a list of customers with the details of their subscriptions. It has details like first delivery date of subscribed product, delivery frequency etc.
So, this was all about Prestashop Subscription Products Module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way. And, do let us know about your views in comments.
Current Product Version - 5.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x