PrestaShop Stripe payment gateway module allows you to accept payments through your Stripe.com account. Users enter their credit card details during the checkout process & proceed to make the payment with the safety of transactions from the stripe.
Note: PrestaShop Stripe Payment Gateway module is compatible with PSD2 SCA(Strong Customer Authentication).
Before buying this module, you have to visit stripe.com to check whether this payment gateway is available in your country or not.
Features of the PrestaShop Stripe Payment Gateway module
- Stripe Payment Gateway supports Mastercard, Visa, American Express, JCB, Discover.
- More Secured.
- Easy to configure by admin through back end.
- Admin can have a new tab named as “Stripe Transaction” to view the list of payment made through the gateway.
- Admin can also refund the full or partial amount to buyer as per the requirement.
- While refunding the partial amount, admin can specify the amount less than or equal to the amount paid by buyer.
- The module is multi-shop compatible.
Note: PrestaShop Stripe payment gateway module is compatible with PrestaShop version 8.x.x.
How to install the PrestaShop Stripe Payment Gateway module
- Firstly, go to the module manager in back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
How to configure PrestaShop Stripe Payment Gateway module
After successful installation, an admin has to configure the module. You can configure the module to use either in the test mode or live mode.
Prestashop Company ? Find out More
How to get the API keys
In order to get the API keys, you must have an account on https://stripe.com/.
You can use the live keys if you are using it for the live site and if you are just testing the module then you can use the test keys.
For new SCA(Strong Customer Authentication), an admin has to enable Checkout Client Integration as shown below
As per the requirement, an admin can fill the API keys in the module configuration.
Workflow of the module
Once the module is configured successfully, the buyer will be able to view the stripe payment gateway to pay the order amount.
In this way, buyer’s can process the payment using stripe payment gateway Back-End View
A new tab “Stripe Transaction” is added at the backend to view the list of all the transactions made through Stripe Payment Gateway.
On clicking the refund button, an admin can either return the full or partial amount to the buyer.
After making the refund successfully, the status of the payment will also change.
So, this was all about PrestaShop Stripe Payment Gateway Module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way.
Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
Current Product Version - 4.3.1
Supported Framework Version - 8.x.x, 1.7.x.x