PrestaShop Sell in Multiples of Quantities module allows shop owners to sell a product in multiples of set quantity only. Using this module, a shop owner will be able to restrict a customer from buying a quantity that is not in multiples of the set quantity.
Also, a customer will be unable to buy a quantity that is either less than the minimum quantity or greater than the maximum quantity allowed for purchase. This module will help particularly those merchants who want to sell products in a certain minimum quantity.
It simply means that a customer will either be able to buy the minimum or maximum quantity or a quantity that is the multiple of incremental quantity.
Check the overview of the plugin in the video mentioned-below –
Features of PrestaShop Sell in Multiples of Quantities
- Allow purchase of a product in multiples of set quantity only.
- Set the incremental quantity to allow the sale of the product in its multiple only.
- Set the minimum and maximum quantity that can be added to the cart.
- Create sell unit rules to apply quantity settings on multiple products at once.
- Filter the products on the basis of categories, brands, and suppliers.
- Apply sale settings on individual products.
- Define the date range for which the sell unit rule will be applicable.
- Set the price range for products on which the sell unit rule will apply.
- Set the priority of the sell unit rule.
- Enable, disable, edit, or delete the rule.
- PrestaShop Sell in Multiples of Quantities module is MultiShop Compatible.
Prestashop Company ? Find out More
- PrestaShop Sell in Multiples of Quantities module is compatible with PrestaShop version 8.x.x.
- PrestaShop Sell in Multiples of Quantities module is compatible with PrestaShop new product page V2.
- Please do not set the product’s or combination’s minimum quantity. If you have applied our module’s quantity settings to the products.
How to Install Prestashop Sell in Multiples of Quantities
- Firstly, go to the module manager in the back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
Add Sell Unit Rule
After the successful installation of the module, you need to add the sell unit rule. Set the incremental quantity, maximum quantity, and minimum quantity for sell on various products by adding the sell unit rule.
For adding the sell unit rule, click on the configure button.
Also, a tab “Multiple Sell Unit” gets available under Catalog in the back office. From this tab, you can add and manage sell unit rules.
On clicking the add new rule button, a form appears on the page with the following options:
- Title: Specify the sell unit rule title here.
- Priority: If the product falls into multiple rules, then the rule with highest priority will apply on the product.
- Increment unit quantity for sell: Set the incremental unit by which the quantity will increment on each customer click.
- Minimum quantity for sell: Here you need to specify the minimum quantity that a customer has to purchase. It should be equal to the increment unit or in multiples of the increment unit.
- Maximum quantity for sell: Enter the maximum quantity that a customer can purchase. Also, the quantity should be in multiples of the incremental unit.
- Start date and end date: Here you need to select the date range for which the rule will be applicable.
- Status: Enable or disable the sell unit rule.
- Product name pattern: Here you need to enter the initial characters of the product name and based on that, the products will be searched.
- Categories, brands, and suppliers: The sell unit rule will apply to the products associated with the categories, brands, and suppliers.
- Minimum product price and maximum product price: Define the price range according to which the products will be searched.
Suppose, you have entered humm in the product name pattern field and selected:
- Clothes and Art categories.
- Studio design brand.
- Fashion supplier supplier.
- 9 – 99 price range.
Now, when you click on the search button, the products associated with the selected categories, brands, and suppliers, and the ones that fall into the specified price range will display on the page.
Once added, you can view it under the Sell Unit Rule tab.
You can add sell unit for multiple products at once through a CSV file. In a CSV file, you need to enter increment unit, minimum, and maximum quantities against product id and combination. Once, you have entered all these details in a CSV file, you can upload it under the Upload CSV tab.
Front End Workflow
As per the rule, the option to select a quantity less than 2 is not possible for the customer. If a customer selects a quantity less than 2, then a warning popup will display on the product page as shown in the below screenshot.
A similar kind of popup will also display on the page when a customer selects a quantity greater than the set quantity i.e. 8.
Additionally, here is a GIF to let you understand how this minimum incremental unit functionality works for the customer.
You can view in the following GIF that a customer is only able to select a quantity in multiples of 2. This is because the minimum increment quantity has been set as 2 while creating the rule.
Also, the customer cannot select a quantity less than 2 & greater than 8.
Apart from the rule, you can also set increment quantity, maximum quantity, and minimum quantity for sale on individual products.
Go to catalog -> products -> edit product. Click on the configure button under the modules tab.
Firstly, enable the settings to proceed.
After enabling the setting, you can set the increment, minimum, and maximum quantity for sale.
Kindly note, that if you applying a sale setting on the product and the same product comes under the sell unit rule, then the priority will be given to the individual product setting.
As per the settings, you can view in the following GIF that a customer is able to select a quantity in multiples of 3 only.
Also, a warning message will display on the product page if a customer selects the quantity less than 3 and greater than 3.
Thus, a customer will now be able to select a quantity as per the rule. Here, in this case, a quantity in multiples of 3 & minimum & maximum quantity as 3 & 9.
The process to order the product will be as per the standard PrestaShop procedure.
Note: Product quantity box will be allowed for customer input only when the sell in multiple of quantities feature is disabled or the minimum quantity is set as 1.
Order Confirmation Page
Admin order details Page
So, this was all about PrestaShop Sell in Multiples of Quantities Module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way.
Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
Current Product Version - 5.0.5
Supported Framework Version - 8.x.x, 1.7.x.x