PrestaShop Sell in Multiples of Quantities module allows shop owners to sell a product in multiples of set quantity only.
Using this module, a shop owner will be able to restrict a customer from buying a quantity that is not in multiples of the set quantity.
Also, a customer will be unable to buy a quantity that is either less than the minimum quantity or greater than the maximum quantity allowed for purchase.
This module will help particularly those merchants who want to sell products in a certain minimum quantity.
It simply means that a customer will either be able to buy the minimum or maximum quantity or a quantity that is the multiple of incremental quantity.
For example, Say you set 3 as incremental & minimum quantity & 30 as maximum quantity.
So, now a customer can only select the following quantities at the time of purchase.
3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 24, 27, 30.
Any other quantity apart from the above would not be available for the customer to buy.
Features of the PrestaShop Sell in Multiples of Quantities module
- Allow purchase of a product in multiple of set quantity only.
- Set the incremental quantity to allow the sale of the product in its multiple only.
- Set the minimum & maximum quantity that a customer is allowed to purchase.
- Choose to apply the sale unit settings only on certain products.
- Filter those certain products on various grounds like category, manufacturer, customer group, supplier & product.
- Choose to configure the sale unit setting for each product individually.
- The sale unit setting of an individual product will override the global sale unit setting.
- A customer will only be able to select a quantity in multiples incremental quantities.
- A customer will be unable to buy a quantity less than minimum quantity or greater than maximum quantity.
How to install the PrestaShop Sell in Multiples of Quantities module
- Firstly, go to the module manager in back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
How to configure the PrestaShop Sell in Multiple of Quantities module
After the successful installation of the module, you can proceed to configure the module.
The configuration settings consist of two sections. So, let’s see the options of each section one by one.
Sale Unit Configuration
In this particular section, you can particularly set three things.
- The incremental unit by which the quantity will increment on each click of the customer.
- Minimum quantity that a customer can purchase. It should generally be either equal to the increment unit or in multiples of increment unit.
- The maximum quantity that a customer can be able to buy. It should also be in multiples of incremental unit.
This section provides you to apply the sale unit configuration on certain products. And, you can filter those certain products on multiple grounds.
You can apply filters on the basis of the following grounds.
- Customer Group
As per the sale unit configuration, you can see that the option to select a quantity less than 2 is not possible for the customer.
Also, a message to notify about the same is available on the product page.
A similar kind of message will also appear when a customer will try to add a quantity greater than the maximum allowed quantity.
Additionally, here is a GIF to let you understand how this minimum incremental unit functionality works for the customer.
You may notice in the following GIF that a customer is only able to select a quantity in multiples of 2. This is because the minimum increment quantity is 2.
Also, you may notice that a customer is not able to select a quantity less than 2 & greater than 8.
It’s because of the configuration setting where you have set the minimum quantity to buy as 2 & the maximum as 8.
Apart from the global sale unit configuration, you can also set it for the products individually.
In case, if you are applying any different sale unit configuration of the product, then the individual product setting will override the global setting.
Firstly, enable the settings to proceed to apply the settings to an individual product.
After enabling the setting, you will see that the option to configure sale unit settings for an individual product will become available.
Now, in the above screenshot, you can observe that we are keeping the incremental unit as 3 & minimum, maximum quantity as 3 & 9.
Therefore, in the following GIF, you can observe that a customer is able to select a quantity in multiples of 3 only.
You may also notice the change in the message when a customer tries to select a quantity less than 3 & greater than 3.
Thus, a customer will now be able to select a quantity as per the setting. Here, in this case, a quantity in multiples of 3 & minimum & maximum quantity as 3 & 9.
The process to order the product will be the same & will follow the standard procedure.
Order Confirmation Page
Admin order details Page
So, this was all about PrestaShop Sell in Multiples of Quantities Module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way.
Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
Current Product Version - 4.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x