Prestashop Product Comparison: Make customers’ purchase process easier by letting them compare similar products. Present products alongside each other in a table so the customers can analyze the main features and purchase the right product.
- Allows customers to compare the features and prices before making the purchase.
Highlight product similarities and differences in a comparison table.
Share the comparison list on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest etc.
Improve customers’ shopping experience and boost conversions.
FEATURES of Prestashop Product Comparison
- Limit/Restrict the number of products to compare at a time.
- Customize compare badge background & text colour, text size etc.
- Customize compare table background, border & highlight colour.
- Choose to enable/disable shadow of the comparison table.
- Products added in comparison table can be removed & table will update accordingly.
- Customize “Title and Description” of popup message when there are no products to compare.
- Choose to share the comparison through various social platforms i.e Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest etc.
- Choose to show compare badge at top right, top left, bottom right & bottom left positions of a page.
How to Install Prestashop Product Comparison
After successful installation of the module, admin needs to configure it.
Under General Settings, admin can:
Prestashop Company ? Read More
- Configure the number of products that can be compared at a time.
- Set a custom message to show on a popup when there are no products to compare.
Under Theme Setting, admin can:
- Customize the appearance of compare badge by setting its size, background color, text color, and font size.
- Set the background color and opacity of compare popup.
- Select the background color, opacity, and border color for compare table.
- Enable to display shadow of the table.
After configuring the module successfully, following options are added as shortcuts to compare products.
‘Add to compare’ and ‘Compare’ buttons are also available in quick view pop-up. A view of “quick view pop-up” is shown in the screenshot below.
‘Add to compare’ & ‘Compare’ buttons are also available on the product page. A view of “Product Page” is shown in the screenshot below.
After clicking on compare badge, a popup will open containing comparison table of added products. The table has been shown in the screenshot below.
Upon clicking “Compare”, the page shown in screenshot below will open.
The options available in the table are as follows
This option highlights the differences between the products.
This option highlights the similarities between the compared products.
This option removes the differences between the compared products.
This option removes the similarities between the compared products.
When there are no products to compare a popup will open upon clicking the compare badge button as shown in the screenshot below. The message will display in a popup as set by admin from the back office.
This was all about Prestashop Product Comparison Module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way. Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
Current Product Version - 4.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x