In an eCommerce store, merchants usually offer a variety/large number of products. This is usually one of the reasons why many people prefer to buy online these days. Apart from the convenience, they also get to buy various kinds of products under one roof. Offering such a large variety of products require due maintenance of each process these days. And recording each & every movement of a product manually can become very hard with each passing day. That’s why we are here with the Prestashop Product Barcode Label module.
The module will help you to create product barcode labels using product codes like ISBN, UPC or EAN-13/JAN. You can add these product codes to the product from the backend. These are unique codes that help you to identify a product on your shop. The barcode labels help you to identify, track the movement of product around the warehouse/shop. These labels are also machine readable making the work much easier for merchants. The barcodes make the entry to the computer easy & remove the necessity of adding the details manually.
Note: Prestashop Product Barcode Label module is compatible with PrestaShop framework version 8.x.x.
Check the overview of the plugin in the video mentioned-below –
Now, let’s proceed further in the blog to know more about the workflow of the module.
Prestashop Company ? Find out More
Features of Prestashop Product Barcode Label module
- Print barcode labels of products as well as combinations.
- Select the barcode standard(ISBN, UPC, JAN/EAN-13) to print on PDF.
- Option to print multiple barcodes in a single row is available.
- Also, customize the size/dimension of barcode to print on the page.
- Select the product details(product name, price, reference) that you want to print above and below the barcodes.
- Use a CSV file to print multiple barcodes in one attempt.
- Prestashop Product Barcode Label module is MultiShop compatible.
How to install the Prestashop Product Barcode Label module
- Firstly, go to the module manager in the back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
How to configure the Prestashop Product Barcode Label module
After the installation of the module, you will need to configure the module. There are multiple options in the configuration settings. So, let’s understand their significance one by one.
- Barcode Type: In this field, you can select the type of code you want to use to print barcode. In this module, you can only choose 3 types of codes i.e., ISBN, UPC, or JAN/EAN-13 to generate barcode.
- Printing Setting: Use this option to enable or disable the printing of multiple barcodes in a single row.
- Barcode Size: Customize the size of barcodes that you want to print.
- Detail above/below barcode: Select the product parameters(product name, price, and reference) that you want to print above & below the barcodes. Also, preview the barcode after selecting the product details.
- Rotate Barcode: Enable this option to print the barcodes in landscape mode. Otherwise the barcodes will print in their usual manner i.e., potrait mode.
CSV to Bar Code Generation
You can also choose to print multiple barcodes at a time by uploading a CSV file.
Note: This module does not generate barcode itself. Instead, it helps you to generate the barcode labels using various product codes. You will need to add those product codes in order to generate barcode label for the products.
Printing Barcode of a Product
The module also provides you to print barcodes of each & every product individually. For that, go to products in the catalog section.
Here on this page, a new option “Print Barcode” gets available under “three dots”. You can click on three dots available in front of every product & proceed to print the barcode individually.
Print Barcode Label of Multiple Products
Apart from the above, you also get to print the barcode of products in bulk. For that, firstly select all the products whose barcode you want to print. Then click on the “Bulk Actions” button & click on “Print Barcode Selection”. On clicking the “Print Barcode Selection”, barcodes of all the selected products will be printed.
If the selected products do not contain the necessary information or have incorrect information, then an error will display on the screen. And, in this case, no barcodes will print. Also, if some products out of the selected products contain any information then barcodes of product with information will be printed & others will be left out.
If you want, then you can also print barcode label of product combinations. After the installation of the module, a printer icon adds in front of each combination. On clicking the icon, you will be able to print barcode label of each product combinations.
Print Barcode Label of Multiple Combinations
Apart from printing the combination individually, you also get an option to print the barcode label of multiple combinations. To print the barcode label of multiple combinations, firstly select the combinations & then click on the “Print Barcode Combinations” button.
Print Barcode of Product in Landscape Mode
At last, let’s see how you can print barcode of products in landscape mode as well. For that, an option to rotate the barcodes is available. In case, if you enable this option then barcodes will be printed in landscape mode.
The following page shows you the view of the barcode printing in landscape mode.
So, this was all about Prestashop Product Barcode Label Module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way. And, do let us know about your views in the comments.
In case, if you are also looking for a module to show labels on your product, the do check out the blog.
Current Product Version - 4.0.2
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x