Prestashop Order Fetch module allows account owner or support agents to fetch the order related details on support ticket directly from the Prestashop store for better response. Reply master can simply get the order result by entering order id on the ticket from UVdesk Open Source to escape from fraud queries.
Note: Prestashop Order Fetch module is only supported by UVDesk version 1.0 or greater. To use this module first, you must have to install UVdesk Open Source Helpdesk.
- Highly secure and flexible.
- Open Source and highly customizable.
- Fetch order relation details directly on tickets using the order id
- The support agent can rectify the support ticket is either fraud or genuine.
- Confirm order details and priorities the support request to resolve the concern on time.
- No need to visit Prestashop webstore again and again to validate order details.
- One can inspect the source code.
- Best for enterprise or SME business.
- Deliver excellent customer service in less time.
- Save time by avoiding bogus queries.
- Each agent has access to fetch the order details on the support ticket.
- This module improves the overall support system with the efficiency of support staff.
- With this module, admin can generate even more sale by providing quick support.
Why Is The Need Of Open Source PrestaShop Order Fetch Module?
This module gets the order related details like Order ID, description, quantity, Total Price, Unit price, Shipping, etc on the support ticket immediately for the support agent to confirm the Order Details and proceed with the needful resolution.
Installation of PrestaShop Order Fetch Module
Step 1: Make a directory with the name uvdesk inside the project’s App folder.
Note: This package is dependent on the free uvdesk/eCommerce package so ensure you’ve installed that package before proceeding with the installation.
Step 2: The customer will get a zip folder after purchasing the extension. After that, unzip the respective extension zip and rename the extracted folder name to “Prestashop” after that merge Prestashop folder into the project root directory inside apps/uvdesk.
Step 3: Next, run these commands below to complete the setup in the uvdesk root directory.
$ php bin/console uvdesk_extensions:configure-extensions
$ php bin/console assets:install
Now, clear project cache
$php bin/console c:c
Once the commands have executed successfully, you will see the Apps icon on the dashboard after login into admin panel.
PrestaShop Order Fetch Module Configuration
Once you are on the Admin dashboard, click the Explore Apps option which you will be redirected to the Application page.
Here, you will see the Prestashop eCommerce App, click on that App icon.
After that, you will enter into the integration page. Here, you will get the “+Integrate Prestashop Store” button.
Once you clicked on that button, you will bring to the configuration setting page. In this setting page, you will get three fields Name, Website URL, and Webservice Key.
Name: Write the channel name for easily identification.
Website URL: Enter your Prestashop Website URL.
Webservice Key: Follow below steps to get the webservice key from Prestashop:
- Login to Prestashop store.
- Go to Advanced Parameters -> Webservice at the bottom on left end bar. After that, you can see the web service key.
- Click on Add new webservice key.
- Click on Generate next to Key field to automatically generate a key.
- Under Key Description, set a name to easily identify the intended purpose of the key.
- Set Status as Yes.
- Under Resource, select all the order related resources under View (GET) to enable access to these resources. These are the details that will be presented to you when you request for any order details.
- After the successful configuration, you will see a success message on the UVdesk.
- Now, on the ticket system, the support staff can enter the Order ID and select the platform or the Marketplace and then click on Fetch Order.
That’s all for the Prestashop Order Fetch Module of UVdesk Open Source if you still have any issue please raise a ticket on our ticket panel.