Prestashop One Page Checkout – One Page Checkout removes unnecessary steps and makes the checkout process much simpler. It provides a nice checkout experience for the customers and greatly increases your website sales.
The purpose of One Page Checkout is to gather the required information and complete the sale as quickly as possible.
1 in 10 people who abandon their cart do so because the checkout process is too long. Reduce cart abandonment by offering the entire purchase process on a single page, with Prestashop One Page Checkout.
- Prestashop One Page Checkout module is MultiShop compatible.
- Prestashop One Page Checkout is compatible with Prestashop Marketplace Cart And Order Split.
There’s no question that single-page checkout is quicker than multi-page. With single-page, your shopper doesn’t have to wait for a next page to load.
The checkout process is undoubtedly faster because pages don’t have to be loaded for each step. Moreover, fields respond to the user’s input in real time (thanks to AJAX), making the process that much more efficient.
A quick and painless checkout process means less time for the user to get distracted or change his mind.
Because AJAX responds in real-time, fields are more interactive. They respond to the user’s activities, creating a more interactive checkout experience.
Single-page checkout simplifies navigation for the user. As it provides everything organised at one place giving the user fewer reasons to hit the back button.
A complete new, fresh look and feel of the checkout page.
Features of Prestashop One Page Checkout module
MAIN CONFIGURATION :
- Enable/disable the One Page Checkout option.
- Admin also has an option to decide whether the module will run on Sandbox mode or not.
- Admin can enter the IP address which will be able to use the One Page checkout Option.
LOGIN/ REGISTRATION / CHECKOUT BUTTON SETTINGS :
- Admin can easily Customise the Checkout Button.
- An admin can enable/disable One Page Checkout Option for Guests.
- Admin can choose the default customer group for guests using One Page Checkout Option.
- Allow users to save their address during the process.
- Immediate check of data entered in the fields using “Inline Validation”.
- Decide whether users need to enter Social Title and Date of Birth during One Page Checkout process.
- Allow/Restricts users to opt for Offers and subscribe to Newsletters during One Page Checkout process.
ADDRESS / SHIPPING / PAYMENT SETTINGS :
- Admin can enable/disable Same address usage for Delivery and Invoicing purpose.
- An admin can enable/disable the display of Carrier Logo and Carrier Description.
- Admin can allow login via Facebook or Google.
- Choose to Display/Hide Payment Gateway Logo.
- Allows admin to decide the default payment method for One Page Checkout.
CART SETTINGS :
- Allow/Restrict Users to view cart details before checkout.
- Allow Users to Save their Cart products for a Later purchase.
- Customers get a separate tab to view/add the product to cart. And, they can also delete the products that are saved for later purchase during one page checkout.
- Special Related “Who Bought this also Bought” products displayed to the customers during the checkout process.
- Admin can specify the number of related products to display.
- An admin can select the default product image size to display on one page checkout.
- Admin can allow/restrict customers to choose terms and conditions checkbox before proceeding.
- Admin can link desired Prestashop CMS Page to the terms and conditions link.
How to install Prestashop One Page Checkout module
- Firstly, Go to the Module Manager in Back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, Drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
The Module Configuration consists of various sections keeping in mind the usability of the module.
1. General Settings
Here, an admin has an option to enable/disable the one page checkout option.
Admin also has the option to decide whether the module will run on Sandbox mode or not.
In case, if you enable the sandbox mode, then you must enter the IP address which will use this one page checkout option.
Here Admin has some additional option to match the checkout page with the theme of the site. Admin can choose the following options for the Checkout Button.
- Colour of the button
- The font size of the button
- Font colour of the button
- Font family of the button
3. Login and Register
Admin can decide whether one page checkout will be available for guests or not. There is an option to select the customer group for the user using one page checkout functionality too.
Admin can decide the default customer group for the user using one page checkout as a guest.
An admin can allow/restrict customers from saving their addresses that have been entered on one page checkout. You can also activate Inline Validations for each field. In this section, Admin can allow users various additional features like – Entering social title, date of birth, offers, newsletters etc. Basically we allow admin to customise the whole One Page Checkout Page.
In this section, Admin can enable/disable the use of the same address for delivery and invoicing purpose. The module also allows admin to keep some fields mandatory on the address form.
In this section, Admin can decide whether to show Carrier description or Carrier logo on One Page checkout Page or not.
Now it is upto admin to decide which payment gateway will be used as default payment method for One Page checkout. Admin can also enable/disable display of Payment Gateway Logo.
7. Social Login
Here, Admin can allow users to login via some social media like – Facebook / Google. To enable login via each of them, admin needs to enter APP ID and SECRET KEY.
Admin can enable/disable the feature to display cart details before checkout process starts. Here, admin can allow new functionality to the customers where they can save their cart products for later purchase.
An additional striking feature of the module is that it displays already purchased products by other customers. Admin can configure the number of related products that will display.
Apart from that, an admin selects the default product image size on the checkout page. Admin has an option to display to its customers a terms and conditions checkbox which they have to select while checking out. Also, link the desired Prestashop CMS Page to this terms and conditions link.
This was all about the configuration setting of the module. Now, let’s just head to the front-end part.
This is how the default One Page Checkout Page will look
Social Login feature on Frontend
The users can also login via social profiles like Facebook and Google. This option will be available only when the admin has entered valid social login details in the module configuration.
If admin allows it, then one page checkout functionality will be available for guest users too.
Save Cart for Later Purchase Feature
If the user has logged in as a customer, they will have an option to save the product in the cart for later purchase.
On clicking the edit button, address fields appear in the dropdown to update the address on the checkout page.
This module is now compatible with Prestashop Marketplace Cart And Order Split. Now, if customers add products of different sellers in a single cart then they can select desired shipping methods for various seller products on the checkout page.
The customers can view all their saved carts under “My saved cart” from ‘My account’ page.
Under “My Saved Cart”, a customer can see all the products which are saved for later purchase from One page Checkout.
- They can view the product from “My Saved Cart” page.
- Customers can add the product to the cart from here itself, whenever they want to purchase it.
- Customers can also delete the product from this list if they have changed their mind.
Special Related Products listing below the Cart page
We human beings generally lookout for trends & others opinion before doing anything. This is a simple buying tendency that customers buy the products which have high rating or reviews. You can make use of this to influence your customers to spend more on products from your store easily by displaying the related products (on the basis of what other have purchased along with the products they have added in the cart).
And when they are in the mood to buy, a glimpse of related popular products is all they need to shell out more money. 😉
Grab this module and unlock its various other features and functionalities.
This was all about Prestashop One Page Checkout Module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way. And, do let us know about your views in comments.
Current Product Version - 4.2.2
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x