With Prestashop Marketplace Store Locator, you can allow your vendors to add physical stores and display their locations on Google Maps on an online marketplace. Customers can search the stores and products available with the stores on Google Maps. Auto detect user location functionality makes it even more easy for the customers to locate the nearest stores from their current location. Vendors can provide store pickup facility to the customers so that they can pick up their products from the store if its nearby to their current location. Vendors can allow their customers to pay in the store while picking up the products.
- Admin can allow/disallow the sellers to manage their store status.
- Admin can add a store on Google Maps on behalf of the sellers.
- Add the payment methods for store pickup.
- Display store timings, email, and contact details of a store on Google Maps.
- Sellers can add as many physical stores and display their locations on Google Maps.
- Sellers can allow store pickup facility for the customers.
- Sellers can provide pay in store facility to the customers who want to pay in the store while picking up their products.
- Auto Detect user location functionality allows the customers to find the stores nearby to their current location.
- Customers can search the stores on Google Maps by product name.
- Customers can view the distance of a store from his current location on the store locator page.
- Customers can view all the products available in a particular store.
- Customers can pick up their products from the store.
Obtaining Geolocation Key
To configure this module, you will need a geolocation API key. You can get this API using the following steps:
- Go to: https://console.cloud.google.com
- Login in and go to API’s and Services > Credentials.
- Select API key from the option and Click on create credentials.
- Credentials will be created
So this is how, geolocation API key can be obtained and used to configure our module.
For installing Prestashop Marketplace Store Locator you need to install Prestashop Advanced Multi Vendor Marketplace module first.
After installing Prestashop Advanced Marketplace module you can start the installation of Prestashop Marketplace Store Locator.
- Go to the back office-> modules -> Upload a module
- Upload the module zip file
- The module will automatically get installed on your Prestashop.
After the successful installation of marketplace store locator, admin can configure the module by navigating through Marketplace Management->Manage Store Configuration.
Under “Store” tab, admin can configure map and store settings.
Once the module gets installed, a new tab “Store Location” gets available for the seller under “My Shop”.
A seller can add and configure the store by clicking on “Store Location” tab.
A seller can add a new store by clicking on “Add Store” button.
Store Pick up Details
After entering all the store details, a seller can set up the store timings under “Store Pick up Details” tab.
Once a seller has saved the store details, he can view it under “Store Location” tab.
If “Seller can manage store status” has been disabled by admin, then the seller’s store will not be displayed on the Google Maps until admin approves the store from the backend.
Admin can view seller’s store details by navigating through Marketplace Management->Manage Store Locations.
Admin can add a store on behalf of a seller by clicking on Add new store button.
Once admin has enabled the store, then the status of the seller’s store will get changed from ‘Pending’ to ‘Approved’.
Display map on product page
If enabled by admin from the backend, then Google Maps will be displayed on the product page.
When a customer clicks on “Store” button, he gets redirected to the store locator page where he can locate the store on Google Maps.
Display stores on product page
If enabled by admin, then the sellers’ stores details will be displayed on a product page.
Display map on Home Page
Enable Store Page
If enabled, then just by clicking on store’s name on Google Maps a customer gets redirected to a store page where he can view all the products available in a store.
Display cluster on map
Suppose there are two stores located very close to each other than, in this case, a cluster will be displayed on the map by clicking on which a customer will be able to locate both the stores.
When a customer clicks on a cluster on Google Maps then he will be able to view the stores separately as shown below:
At Front End, a customer can view all the sellers’ stores and its details by clicking on ‘Seller Stores’ button.
When a customer clicks on “Seller Stores” tab, he will be redirected to a store locator page where he can view all the stores added by the sellers.
Admin can configure store pickup by navigating through Marketplace Management->Manage Store Configuration->Store Pickup.
Enabling store pick up for a product
To display a store pickup shipping method at the front end a seller has to enable store pick up for the products. A seller can enable store pickup for the products by navigating through Product->Edit->Store Pickup.
Store Configuration – Seller’s End
A seller can configure store details and store pickup details by clicking on “Store Configuration” tab under “Store Location”.
Set Custom Google Maps marker icon
If enabled, then a seller can set a Google Maps marker icon for his store which will be visible to the customers on Google Maps as shown below:
Store pick up Details
- Enable country restriction – In this field, a seller can choose from the countries allowed by admin to provide pickup facility from the store for the customers.
Suppose a customer from France has ordered a product.
Marketplace store pickup shipping method will not be visible to the customer as the store pickup facility is not available in France as configured by the seller.
Enable Date & Time Selection
- Enable date selection – A seller can set the minimum and maximum number of days for a product pick up by the customers from the store.
- Minimum Days – In this field, a seller has to set the minimum number of days the customers have to wait to pick up their products from the store after placing the order.
- Maximum Days – In this field, a seller has to set the maximum number of days the customers can pick up their products from the store after placing the order.
- Max Pick ups – In this field, a seller can set the maximum number of customers who can pick up their products from the store on a particular day.
Suppose a seller has set a pickup slot of 11:00 AM – 16:00 PM and minimum & maximum days as 2 and 30. Now, if a customer places an order on 23/06/2018, then he can pick up his product(s) on or after 25/06/2018 or before 22/07/2018.
Now while processing an order, a customer has to select marketplace store pick up as the shipping method.
A customer has to click on ‘SELECT STORE’ button to search for a store nearby to his current location.
A customer has to click on ‘Select Store’ button to enter the date of pick up.
After entering the date of pick up, a customer can view store details and pick up date under “SHIPPING METHOD” tab as shown below:
If admin has disabled “pick up date selection” then pickup date will not be displayed when a customer selects a store for product pickup.
- Enable time selection – In this field, a seller has to set the minimum number of hours a customer has to wait to pick up his product(s) from the store.
Suppose a seller has set a pickup slot of 14:00 – 21:00, store timings as 11:00 – 21:00, minimum and maximum days as 0 and 30, and minimum hours as 4. Now, if a customer places an order on 22/06/2018, then he can pick up his product(s) on 22/06/2018 at or after 18:00 PM as the minimum hours for store pickup has been set as 4.
After entering the date and time of pick up, a customer can view store details, pick up date, and pick up time under “SHIPPING METHOD” tab as shown below:
If “pickup time selection” has been disabled by the seller, then pickup time will not be displayed at order page when a customer selects a store for product pickup.
Suppose there is a product P1 for which both “store pick up” shipping method and “My carrier” shipping method is available and a product P2 for which only “My carrier” shipping method is available in a single cart. Now if a customer wants “store pick up” shipping method then he can select “store pick up” for a product on which its applicable by clicking on “Click here” button as shown below:
Once a customer has clicked on “Click here” button then “store pick up” shipping method will get applied on product P1 and “My Carrier” shipping method will get applied on product P2.
Store Pickup Payment
Admin can configure Store pickup payment by navigating through Marketplace Management->Manage Store Configuration->Store Pickup Payment.
Store Pick up Payment – Seller’s End
A seller can enable/disable store pick payment under “Store Details” tab of Store Configuration.
Enable Store Pick up Payment
If enabled, then “Marketplace Pay in Store” payment method will be visible to the customers on the checkout page at front end.
Suppose there is a product P1 on which “Marketplace Pay in Store” payment method is available and a product P2 on which “Marketplace Pay in Store” payment method is not available in a cart. Now a customer can remove a product on which Pay in Store option is not available by clicking on Click here button as shown below:
When a customer clicks on ‘Click here’ button the product which is not available for “Pay in Store” payment method will get removed from the cart as shown below:
Admin can add a new store pickup payment method which the sellers can provide to their customers who wants to pay in store at the time of store pickup.
Once saved, admin can view it under “Store Pickup Payment” tab as shown below:
Once admin has added a payment method, then a seller view it under “Store Pick up Details” tab as shown below:
Store Payment Option will be displayed on:
- Order page while selecting a store for product pick up
- Order page under “Payment” tab
- Order Details Page
- Order Page at Admin End
If a customer has ordered two products from two different stores then he can view the store details of the stores from where he has to pick up the products under order details page.
Admin can also view the store details of the stores from where the customer has to pick up the products under orders tab.
Current Product Version - 5.1.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x