Payment gateways play a key role in every online E-commerce store as they facilitate the acceptance of electronic payment for online transactions. Multiple payment methods are provided in an E-commerce store so that customers can choose the mode of payment as per their convenience. But, all the payment methods cannot be suitable for every customer or order.
For example, the store owner wants to restrict cash on delivery payment method for some sellers because of the increased number of returns. By default, the store owner cannot restrict payment gateways for particular sellers on the marketplace. They can only disable the payment gateway for the entire store.
Prestashop Marketplace Seller Wise Payment enables the store owner to restrict specific payment gateways for particular sellers. Payment methods assigned by the store owner to the seller will be available to customers for placing the order.
Check the overview of the plugin in the video mentioned-below –
Features of Prestashop Marketplace Seller Wise Payment
- Admin can assign multiple payment methods to the sellers.
- Customers can view only assigned payment methods on the checkout page.
- A separate tab to view which payment methods assigned to which sellers.
- All the payment methods will be available for seller products in case no payment method is assigned to that seller.
- Sellers can view all the payment methods assigned to them by admin under “Assigned Payment Methods” tab.
Prestashop Company ? Find out More
- Prestashop Marketplace Seller Wise Payment module is Multi-Shop Compatible with PrestaShop Advanced Multi-Vendor Marketplace version 5.4.0/3.4.0 and above.
- PrestaShop Marketplace Seller Wise Payment module is compatible with PrestaShop version 8.x.x.
For installing this module, you need to install Prestashop Advanced Multi Vendor Marketplace module first.
After installing the marketplace module you can start the installation of Prestashop Marketplace Seller Wise Payment.
- Go to back office ->modules.
- Upload the module zip file.
- The module will automatically get install on your Prestashop.
Seller Wise Payment
After the installation of the module, a new tab “Seller Wise Payment” is added under Marketplace. From this tab, admin can assign payment methods to the sellers.
Admin can assign payment methods to sellers by clicking on “Add Seller Payment” button.
- Select the sellers to whom he wants to assign payment methods.
- Select payment methods to assign to the sellers.
After assigning the payment methods to sellers, admin can view list of sellers and payment methods assigned to them. Also, admin can unselect the payment method assigned to a seller and assign him another payment method by clicking on Edit button as shown below:
If the store admin has not assigned any payment method to a seller, then in this case all the payment methods will be available for the seller products.
Seller End View
After the installation of the module, a new tab “Assigned Payment Methods” gets available on seller’s account page.
Front End Workflow
At the front end, customers can view the payment methods assigned by admin to the seller while placing an order on the checkout page.
What if customer add products of different sellers assigned with different payment methods?
Suppose there are two sellers Peter Doe and John Doe on the marketplace. Admin has assigned Pay by Check payment method to Peter Doe and Pay by Bank Wire to John Doe. A customer won’t be able to place an order if he has added products of both the sellers in the cart. An error message will display on the cart page as shown below:
If you want that a customer can purchase products of different sellers assigned with different payment gateways. Then you need to install our Prestashop Marketplace Seller Wise Checkout module. This module split the order in cart seller wise so that customer can checkout and pay for each order separately.
Current Product Version - 5.1.1
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x