PrestaShop Marketplace Bundle Product – Product bundling refers to a strategy of offering several products for sale as one combined product. It can effectively increase sales overtime.
Our PrestaShop Marketplace Bundle Product module helps sellers to offer several products for sale as a combined product on their store. Seller can use multiple discount application techniques on the bundle product to increase the sale of products giving a kick-start to their business.
Note: This module is an add-on for Marketplace Module. To use this module, you first have to install PrestaShop Advanced Multi Vendor Marketplace.
PrestaShop Marketplace Bundle Product module is compatible with PrestaShop version 8.x.x.
Features of PrestaShop Marketplace Bundle Product
- Allow sellers to create a bundle product.
- Sellers can create various sections under a bundle product.
- Let customers select multiple products from the same section.
- Sellers can add same products in different sections of bundle.
- Make the selection of products from the section required or not.
- Update the quantity of the sub-products of bundle.
- Sellers can set minimum and maximum quantity a customer can buy from the section.
- Sellers can allow customers to choose quantity of sub-products of the bundle.
- Set quantity-wise discount for the sub-products of a section.
- Set global discount on the bundle product.
- Configure section-wise discount on the bundle product.
- Also, the sellers can set specific price of the bundle product.
- Enable or disable advanced feature of the bundle product.
- Enable or disable the application of customer group discount on bundle price.
- Hide/Show bundle products section for a fixed bundle.
- Allow “fly to section” effect when sub-products of a bundle are chosen.
- Swipe feature to view sub-products on mobile devices.
- Select slider view or grid view for the sub-products of bundle.
- Choose to show bundle sub-products on cart popup and checkout page.
- Decrease the quantity of bundle sub-products with decrease in bundle product quantity.
- Sellers can enable, disable, edit, or delete the bundle sections.
- The admin can add bundle products on behalf of the sellers.
- Customers can view sub-products ordered from bundle on the order details page.
- Manage section header background and text color.
- Set slider icon header background and text color.
- PrestaShop Marketplace Bundle Product module version 6.0.0 is MultiShop Compatible with PrestaShop Advanced Multi-Vendor Marketplace version 6.0.0 and above.
- If you are using PrestaShop Advanced Multi-Vendor Marketplace version 6.0.0 then please raise a ticket at webkul.uvdesk.com.
How to Install Prestashop Marketplace Bundle Product
For installing this module, the admin needs to install the PrestaShop Advanced Multi Vendor Marketplace module first.
Prestashop Company ? Find out More
- Firstly, go to the module manager in the back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
Marketplace Bundle Product Configuration
The admin can manage the bundle product settings from the general tab.
- Bundle layout: Choose from two different views for the sub-products of the bundle on the product page. The two different views for the product page are the slider view and grid view.
- Fly to section effect: If enabled, then fly to section effect will be visible on the product page when the customer selects the product from the section.
- Swipe products in mobile devices: If enabled, the customers can swipe products in mobile devices in a slider view.
This section is particularly added for the better functioning of the module. Although the selectors are already filled according to PrestaShop Classic Theme, it’s possible that it might not work correctly with your custom theme.
Hence, in order to make the work easier, we have provided these fields where you can add selectors for various fields & buttons by yourself. In case, if you face any difficulty while adding selectors, please raise a ticket here. We would be more than happy to assist you.
Seller End Workflow
After the installation of the module, a new product type bundle product gets available for the sellers.
Decrease bundle sub-products quantity
If the seller has enabled this option, then the quantity of the sub-products of the bundle will also decrease with a decrease in the quantity of the bundle product.
Once the seller has saved the basic product information, he can start creating the sections.
Click on the “Add section” button to create a new section.
On clicking the button, a form appears on the page with the following options:
- Active: Choose to activate or deactivate this particular section.
- Required: Enable this option to make the selection of products from this section mandatory.
- Allow customer to choose quantity: Enable this option to allow customers to choose the quantity of the sub-products from the bundle.
- Minimum quantity: Here the seller needs to specify the minimum quantity that a customer can buy.
- Maximum Quantity: Define the maximum total number of quantities which a customer can purchase from this section.
- Allow quantity wise discount: Enable this option to set different discount criteria based on the number of quantities added by customers.
Once added, the seller enable, disable, edit, or delete the section.
Front End View
Post-installation, a new category with name “BUNDLE PRODUCTS” is added on the store front. Customers can view all the bundle products from here.
The two views are available to display the bundle product.
If allowed by the admin, then the customer can add multiple products from the same bundle.
Admin can change the section header background/text color and slide icon background/text color.
Advanced Feature of Bundle
The advanced feature of the module adds the following options in the Edit Section tab.
Add Products for bundle: The seller can add the products to the bundle in the following two ways.
- Bulk Selection: Add all of the products of a category or sub-category in a section in one go.
- Manual Selection: Add products to the section one by one manually.
Split Bundle Product on Order
If this field is set to YES, then all the sub-products of a bundle will appear separately on the order details page.
If the field is disabled, then the details of sub-products ordered in a bundle will display in a single row as shown below:
Also, the sub-products of a bundle will appear separately on the order details page if the field is enabled.
If the field is disabled, then a button “View bundle content” will display on the orders page.
On clicking the button, a popup will appear on the page where the seller can view the sub-products ordered by a customer in the bundle.
Show reserved quantity on normal product
Suppose the available quantity of a product Ring1 is 100 and the quantity of the same product available for the bundle is 50. If “Show reserved quantity on normal product” is enabled, then the customer can purchase 50 quantities of the product Ring 1 i.e. 100 (Product Quantity) – 50 (Quantity reserved for bundle) = 50.
In the above screenshot, we can see that the excluded quantity of sub-product of the bundle is shown on the normal product page.
If the seller adds the same product in different bundles, then in such case quantity of a normal product will be based on the highest quantity set for the product in different bundles. Let’s understand with the help of an example.
Suppose the seller has created two bundle products: Jewellery Collection and Rings Collection. For the bundle Jewellery Collection he has added 50 quantities for the product Ring1 and for Rings Collection he added 60 quantities of the same product.
Now, as per the setting 40 quantity of Ring1 will display on the normal product page.
Also, on the update product page, the seller can view a list of bundles to which the product is associated.
Allow customer to select multiple products from same section
With this option, the admin can allow the customers to select multiple products from the same section of the bundle.
Add same products in bundle
If enabled, then the sellers can add the same products in different sections of a bundle. Suppose the admin has added two sections and wants to add a product Ring4 in both sections.
In the above screenshot, we can see that the product Ring4 is added to the Fashion Rings section.
If admin disables “Add same products in bundle” field then the seller won’t be able to add the same product in a different section of a bundle.
If the field is enabled, then the seller can add the same product in the Casual Rings section as shown in the below screenshot:
Show Bundle Sub-products on shopping cart pop-up and checkout page
If enabled, then the sub-products selected by customers in a bundle will display on the cart popup and checkout page.
Customer group discount on Bundle
This option allows the admin to enable or disable the customer group discount benefit on the bundle product price. If disabled, then customer group discounts will not be applicable on the bundle product price.
Select product on combination change
Admin can choose whether to automatically keep the product selected when the customer changes the product combination, or whether the customer needs to manually select the product again once they change the product combination.
If the option is enabled, then the customers have to manually select the product once they change the product combination.
Hide Bundle product selection
If a bundle is created with fixed products i.e. only 1 product per section, where customers do not get the option to select products. In this case, the admin can hide the display of bundle sections from the customers.
If enabled, the bundle product sections on the left side will not be displayed.
Customers will also not get to choose products from such bundle, as there is only 1 fixed product in each section.
If a product is available along with the bundle, then a section to show the relevant bundle on the product page will also display.
Create Section of the Bundle Product
Now, coming back to the part of Section creation again. In this part, we will see the significance & use of various options.
As per settings, the first two sections of the bundle product are necessary & third section is optional.
Hence, the customer only needs to select a product from the second and third sections to place an order for the bundle product.
Here, the customer has selected Bracelet1 and Ring1. As the first section of the product was optional, customer can proceed to order without selecting any of the products from the 1st section.
PrestaShop Bundle Products – Pricing
Available options under this section are:
- Price: The price of the bundle product depends on the products selected by the customer from different sections.
- Bundle discount type: The seller can provide discounts on the bundle in 4 different ways.
- Tax on bundle: The seller can choose to apply tax on bundle product or on their sub-products. Also, select the tax rate for the bundle product.
Bundle Discount Type
There are four ways in which the seller can apply discount on the bundle.
- Do not apply any discount
In this case, no discount will be applicable on the bundle.
2. Global discount rate
A global discount of 10% will be applicable on the bundle product.
3. Section wise discount
This option lets the sellers set discount for sections of the bundle.
Suppose the seller has set 20%, 40%, and 60% on the necklace, bracelet, and rings.
4. Bundle specific price
The seller can also select the specific price for the bundle product. The functionality of a specific price is same as PrestaShop.
Irrespective of the products selected by the customer, the price of the bundle product will be fixed at ₹50.
Quantity wise discount
Offer discounts to the customers on the basis of the quantity. Set the range of the quantity & their corresponding discount.
If a customer purchases ≤ 5 quantities or ≥ 1 quantity of the product, then a 20% of discount will be applied.
On the other hand, if the customer wishes to buy more than 5 quantity then 30% of the discount will be applied.
The customer wishes to buy 5 quantities of Ring 1. Now, let’s see how the calculation of price will take place.
The price of Ring 1 is ₹50.
4 quantity of this Ring 1 would cost ₹200.
There is a 20% discount if someone buy less than 5 quantity.
20% of ₹200 is ₹40. Hence, the effective price of the product will be ₹200-₹40 = ₹160.
In another case, the customer wishes to buy 8 quantities of Ring 1. Now, let’s see how the calculation of price will take place.
The price of Ring 1 is ₹50.
8 quantity of this Ring 1 would cost ₹400.
There is a 30% discount if someone buy more than 5 quantity.
30% of ₹400 is ₹120. Hence, the effective price of the product will be ₹400-₹120 = ₹280.
Seller Order Details Page
Add Bundle Product – Admin’s End
The module gives the admin the functionality to add bundle products on behalf of sellers.
When the admin clicks on Edit Combinations button, a popup appears on the page where he can change the quantity of combinations and default combination.
Bundle Product Orders
The admin can view in the order listing whether an order has bundle products or not.
Order Details Page
The admin can view sub-products ordered in a bundle on the orders page.
On clicking the view bundle content button, a popup appears on the page where the admin can view the sub-products ordered in the bundle.
A look of Invoice (when split bundle product on order is enabled)
Invoice (when split bundle product on order is disabled and tax is applied on bundle)
Invoice (when split bundle product on order is disabled and tax is applied on bundle sub-products)
This was all about PrestaShop Marketplace Bundle Product Module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way.
Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
Current Product Version - 6.0.1
Supported Framework Version - 8.x.x, 1.7.x.x