Prestashop Image Search: In the eCommerce industry, image search is becoming a must-have for online retailers. Today, customers expect convenient ways to search the products online. They don’t have the patience to browse through hundreds of products on the store.
With text-based search, it is sometimes difficult for the customers to describe the products they need. Also, filtering the products by category and manually searching can be tiresome.
Make product discovery easier and faster on your Prestashop store with Prestashop Image Search. This extension facilitates the customers to search the products by image. Customers can upload or take a photo of an item to get visually similar items on your store.
When a customer uploads an image, the system recognizes it through machine learning and displays the keywords related to the image. On clicking the keywords, search results related to it displays on the store.
- Enables customers to search the product by uploading an image.
- Customers can click on the keyword generated by the image upload to find visually similar items.
- Translate the keywords that are generated on the store by image upload as per the selected language.
- Option to enable or disable the automatic search of images with all tags on image upload.
- Saves time and better the search experience for the customers.
- Firstly, go to the module manager in the back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
- For image search, we have used this ml5API.
- ” Please before buying once check the tags generated in the image search by your site product image on our demo, as we are searching the most commonly available images with the data of 15 million images only. Results are based on those Images only, not on the basis of your product images, So Test demo with your images to make sure it is working for you or not”.
Prestashop Image Search Configuration
After the installation of the module, you need to configure it. In the configuration settings, you need to specify the Google Translate API Key for the translation of the keywords that are generated by image upload on the store as per the selected language.
Also, you can enable or disable the auto search of products with all tags on image upload.
If enable, then the products are automatically searched with all the tags when a customer uploads an image on the store.
And, if admin disables this field, then the keywords related to an image are displayed on the screen based on which related search results get displayed.
To get the Google Translate API Key, please refer to the link.
Kindly note that in order to create a Google Translate API Key you need a paid account.
Front End Workflow
Post-installation, a camera icon gets available in the search bar.
A customer can upload the desired image to search for the related products by clicking on this icon.
When a customer uploads an image, machine learning detects the image and the keywords related to the image get display below the image.
When a customer clicks on the keyword, then the search results(products) related to that keyword get displayed.
If admin has enabled auto search from the back office. Then the products are automatically searched based on all the tags on image upload.
This was all about Prestashop Image Search Module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way. Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
Current Product Version - 4.1.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x