Icecat is an open source catalog with product data-sheets in collaboration with various brands & manufacturers companies. More than 30,000 brands manage their product content on Icecat.
PrestaShop Icecat Catalog Management helps online retailers to get access to the product details provided by the manufacturers on Icecat. Product details like name, descriptions, specifications, images, SEO, etc can be retrieved from Icecat catalog.
This extension will save a lot of your time as you don’t have to create long product descriptions or search for images.
Note: PrestaShop Icecat Catalog Management module is compatible with PrestaShop version 8.x.x.
Features of PrestaShop Icecat Catalog Management
- Import descriptions, features, images, specifications, and SEO details for your products from Icecat catalog.
- Configure the languages in which you want to import the product details.
- Import product details from Icecat to PrestaShop via Icecat Id, GTIN, or Product code & brand.
- Save imported product with new, used, or refurbished condition.
- Select category with which you want to save the imported products.
- Edit or delete the products imported from Icecat.
- PrestaShop Icecat Catalog Management module is MultiShop compatible.
How to Install PrestaShop Icecat Catalog Management
- Firstly, go to the module manager in the back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
PrestaShop Icecat Catalog Management
Under Configuration, you need to:
now. Find out More
- Specify the username and password of your Icecat account.
- Select the method (Icecat Id, GTIN, or Product code & brand) using which you want to import product details from Icecat to PrestaShop.
- Select the condition (new, user, or refurbished) and categories with which the imported products will save in PrestaShop.
Also, you can import the products that you have saved via cron. You only need to add the URL mentioned in the above screenshot in cron task manager.
How to get Icecat Username and Password
Visit the URL to register for Icecat username and password.
Once registered, you will receive an email on the registered email id. You need to activate your account by confirming your email address for API usage.
You need to specify the Icecat username and password under module configuration.
After the installation of the module, a new tab “Icecat Import” gets available under Catalog. The brands/manufacturers upload product data-sheets on Icecat. From this tab, the admin can import the details and create products on PrestaShop.
Admin needs to specify the Icecat Id of the product for which he wants to fetch the data. After entering the Icecat ID, click on “Search on Icecat” button.
On clicking the button, product details like brand, GTIN, and code gets displayed.
Now, click on Save to import button to proceed.
In the above screenshot, we can see 0 in product column. It means that the product has been saved but not imported yet. Click on the import button to import the product in PrestaShop.
On Clicking the import button, all the details of a product available on Icecat gets fetched.
Note: PrestaShop Icecat Catalog Management extension supports only standard products.
As set in the configuration, the product is imported with new condition and home category.
On clicking the Map product in prestaShop button, the product gets imported in PrestaShop.
Once imported, the admin can edit or delete the product. On clicking the edit button, the admin redirect on PrestaShop edit page where he can view product details and update them accordingly.
This was all about Prestashop Icecat Catalog Management Module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way. Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 8.x.x, 1.7.x.x