Nowadays, many customers prefer to crawl through various websites before making a purchase. In this era, where eCommerce has a significant portion of market share, almost every product is available online. Also, the comparative prices of a product across multiple websites prompt a customer to look for it on other sites too. This, in turn, is giving rise to guest checkouts too. The only reason being the lesser time taken by the user to buy the product via the guest checkout. But, now you can offer your guest users to register as a customer on the order confirmation page. This has become possible due to PrestaShop Guest Login module only.
Offering your guest users to register as a customer is beneficial for you as well as the potential customer. A user after registering on the website as customer is entitled to all the rewards, vouchers. In the long run, this not only helps to get the sales for the merchant but the user enjoys certain benefits too. Looking over all this, we have specifically made this module to help both of them i.e. merchants & customers.
PrestaShop Guest Login module is compatible with PrestaShop 8.x.x
For the overview of the plugin check the video mentioned-below –
Now, let’s learn more about its features & configuration.
Prestashop Company ? Find out More
Features of the Prestashop Guest Login module
- This module is multi shop compatible.
- Offer your guest users to create a customer account.
- Provide a button for the process of creating a customer account at the order confirmation page.
- Select a background and text colour for the register button.
- Select the position of the guest login button to show on the order confirmation page.
- Set register button title and description.
- Customize the text to show to the customer after the email is sent to set the password.
How to install the Prestashop Guest Login module
- Firstly, go to the module manager in the back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
How to configure the Prestashop Guest Login module
After the successful installation of the module, admin needs to configure the module.
But before we proceed any further, let me just explain each option of the configuration settings.
- Guest register button background colour: Select the background colour of the register button which a guest will see at the order confirmation page.
- Guest register button text colour: Select the text colour of the register button which a guest will see at the order confirmation page.
- Guest register button position: Choose to show the position of the login button at the center, left or right.
- Guest register button text: Add the register button name.
- Guest register description: Write description which will show below the guest register button on the order confirmation page.
- Message after sent email: Customize the message that you want to show to your customer after an email to set the password is sent.
Workflow at the front-end
On landing the homepage of the website, a user can proceed to order the product as a guest. This way a user doesn’t require to create an account before ordering the product.
Click on the “Add to cart” button, to proceed to buy the product.
On the checkout page, a user needs to enter the name & email to proceed to order as guest.
After that, fill in the address & click on the “Continue” button.
Now, you need to select the shipping method to proceed to pay for the order.
In the payment section, select a suitable payment method to pay for the order.
Offer guests to create a customer account
On the order confirmation page, a guest will get an option to create an account on the shop. Apart from this, a customer can also register by filling the form available at the end of the page.
On clicking the “Create account now” button, guest user will receive an email.
Following is the screenshot of the email with a link to set the password for the account.
After following the link from the mail, a user will land on the following page. On this page, a user needs to create a new password for the account.
After saving the password, a user will be successfully logged into his/her account.
An email confirming about the same will be sent to the user/customer too.
This was all about the Prestashop Guest Login Module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way. Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
Current Product Version - 4.0.2
Supported Framework Version - 8.x.x, 1.7.x.x