Nowadays, many customers prefer to crawl through various websites before making a purchase. In this era, where eCommerce has a significant portion of market share, almost every product is available online. Also, the comparative prices of a product across multiple websites prompt a customer to look for it on other sites too. This, in turn, is giving rise to guest checkouts too. The only reason being the lesser time taken by the user to buy the product via the guest checkout. But, now you can offer your guest users to register as a customer on the order confirmation page. This has become possible due to Prestashop Guest Login module only.
Offering your guest users to register as a customer is beneficial for you as well as the potential customer. A user after registering on the website as customer is entitled to all the rewards, vouchers. In the long run, this not only helps to get the sales for the merchant but the user enjoys certain benefits too. Looking over all this, we have specifically made this module to help both of them i.e. merchants & customers.
Now, let’s learn more about its features & configuration.
Features of the Prestashop Guest Login module
- Offer your guest users to create a customer account.
- Choose to enable or disable the module.
- Provide a button for the process of creating a customer account at the order confirmation page.
- Select a colour for the guest login button.
- Select the position of the guest login button to show on the order confirmation page.
- Customize the text to show to the customer after the email is sent to set the password.
How to install the Prestashop Guest Login module
- Firstly, go to the module manager in the back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
How to configure the Prestashop Guest Login module
After the successful installation of the module, admin needs to configure the module.
But before we proceed any further, let me just explain each option of the configuration settings.
- Enable Module: Choose to enable or disable the module as per your convenience.
- Guest login button colour: Select the colour of the login button which a guest will see at the order confirmation page.
- Guest login button position: Choose to show the position of the login button at the center, left or right.
- Text shown after the email is sent: Customize the text to show to the customer after an email to set the password is sent.
Workflow at the front-end
On landing the homepage of the website, a user can proceed to order the product as a guest. This way a user doesn’t require to create an account before ordering the product.
Click on the “Add to cart” button, to proceed to buy the product.
On the checkout page, a user needs to enter the name & email to proceed to order as guest.
After that, fill in the address & click on the “Continue” button.
Now, you need to select the shipping method to proceed to pay for the order.
In the payment section, select a suitable payment method to pay for the order.
Offer guests to create a customer account
On the order confirmation page, a guest will get an option to create an account on the shop. Apart from this, a customer can also register by filling the form available at the end of the page.
On clicking the “Create account now” button, guest user will receive an email.
Following is the screenshot of the email with a link to set the password for the account.
After following the link from the mail, a user will land on the following page. On this page, a user needs to create a new password for the account.
After saving the password, a user will be successfully logged into his/her account.
An email confirming about the same will be sent to the user/customer too.
This was all about the Prestashop Guest Login Module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way. Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
For any kind of technical assistance or query, please raise a ticket at http://webkul.uvdesk.com or send us a mail at email@example.com
Current Product Version - 4.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x