Is tracking your customer’s address proving to be a time wasting task for you? Don’t worry we have got the perfect solution for you. Prestashop set your delivery location let your customers mark their exact delivery location on Google Maps so that you don’t have to search by yourself at the time of order delivery.
- Customers can set their delivery location while adding or updating their address.
- Option to set delivery location on the checkout page.
- View delivery location on the checkout, order confirmation, and order details page.
- Customers can search their location by exact address, places such as businesses or landmarks, and geocodes of the physical address.
- Admin has the capability to change/set the delivery location for the customer’s address.
- Admin can view/change the delivery location of the orders.
- Saves admin’s time as admin does not have to search the customer’s address.
How to Get Google Maps API Key
- Go to: https://console.cloud.google.com
- Login in and go to API’s and Services > Dashboard.
- Select API key from the option and Click on create credentials.
In a similar way, you need to enable Place API.
- Go to the back office-> modules -> modules & services -> Upload a module.
- Upload zip file of “Set Your Delivery Location” module.
- The module will automatically get installed on your Prestashop.
Under “General Settings”, admin needs to enter Google Maps API key, coordinates to show the default location, set the zoom level of Google Maps, and enable/disable the display of delivery location on order confirmation and details page.
Front End Workflow
At the front end, a customer can set its delivery location while adding a new address or updating an existing address under ‘Addresses’ tab. While setting the delivery location, a customer can search for the places such as landmarks or businesses, addresses, and geocodes of a physical address as per his/her preference. After saving the delivery location, a customer can view it on:
- Checkout page under ‘Addresses’.
- Order confirmation page.
- Order details page.
Delivery location on checkout page If a customer has not set its delivery location while adding the address, then on checkout page a ‘Set delivery location’ link will be displayed by clicking on which a customer can set its delivery location. By clicking on the link, a customer gets redirected to the ‘Addresses’ tab from where he/she can set its delivery location.
Admin End View
Admin can view/change/set the delivery location of a customer’s address by navigating through Customers-> Addresses. Once the delivery location for customer’s address has been saved by admin, then the customer can view it under ‘Addresses’ at the front end. Admin can also change the delivery location for the customer’s address. Admin can view/change the delivery location of the orders under ‘Orders’ as shown below:
Current Product Version - 5.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x