PrestaShop Custom Product Rating allows the customers to rate the product bought by them and get a discount voucher as a reward. Customers will get an email notification when they are eligible to rate the product.
- Rate the product directly from the product page.
- Can upload multiple images/videos with the review.
- Other users can give feedback on customers’ reviews.
- Display the top-rated product.
- Admin can submit a review on the behalf of customers.
Note: The module is compatible with PrestaShop version 8.x.x and also multishop compatible.
Features of the PrestaShop Custom Product Rating
- Customers can rate the products that they have purchased.
- Admin can enable/disable auto-approval of customer ratings.
- Also, the admin can allow/restrict customers to edit their ratings.
- Admin can select multiple order statuses on which customers will be able to post a review.
- Also, the admin can choose whether the comment fields will be mandatory for the user to fill in.
- Admin can set the limit for character count for comments.
- Also, the admin can set the number of reviews to be displayed on the product page.
- Admin can select the position to display top-rated products.
- Customers can upload multiple images/videos while reviewing the product.
- Admin can enable/disable the partial use of the voucher.
- Customers can give feedback on the other customer’s reviews.
- Admin can configure the upload settings from the backend.
- Also, the admin can delete the attached image/video with the review from the backend.
- The admin can rate the product on behalf of the customer.
- Admin can enable/disable the auto-approval of the reward voucher.
- Admin can add multiple feature values for the customer to rate.
- Customers can rate the product features also.
- Customers can add the review from the product page itself.
- The admin can set the value of the voucher in terms of percentage or a fixed amount.
- Admin can set the minimum cart total required to apply a voucher.
- Admin can approve or cancel the voucher.
How to install the PrestaShop Custom Product Rating
- Firstly, go to the module manager in the back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
How to configure the PrestaShop Custom Product Rating
Once the module gets installed, the admin can configure it by clicking on the “Configure” button as shown below:
Here admin has to configure approval, comments, and emails & reminder settings.
Prestashop Company ? Read More
- Position to display top Rated Products – In this field, the admin can select the position where the top-rated products block will be displayed.
Emails and Reminder Settings
- Email to admin when customer review
- Email to admin on voucher creation
Customer Notification Settings
- Rating reminder email
- Partial Use – A customer can use the voucher partially only if the voucher amount is higher than the cart total.
For example, a customer has received a voucher worth $ 20 after giving a product review. Now the customer has ordered a product worth $ 15 then he can use $ 15 out of $ 20 at the time of checkout and will receive a new voucher for the remaining amount i.e $ 5.
After completing the order, a customer will receive a new voucher code with an e-mail for the remaining amount.
Workflow – Customer End
After the installation of the module, two new tabs get available under My Account at the front end.
Once the customer has purchased a product, he will find “Write a Review” option on Order Details Page and Product Page.
Note – (The display of this option on order detail page is subject to the configuration made by admin – Suppose admin has set review to be given only when order status is delivered. In this case, only when admin changes the order status to delivered, this option will be visible to the customer).
Customer will click on this option to provide a valuable rating for a particular product.
Product Reviews display on Customer Order Detail Page.
If Admin has disabled auto approval functionality of reviews, the customer review will remain in pending state until admin approves it.
Customer can :
- View the Review on Order Detail Page.
- Edit the Review (If allowed by admin).
- Delete the Review (If allowed by admin).
Once the admin approves the review, it will display on the Product Page.
Once the admin approves the review, a customer can view it under “My Reviews” tab as shown below:
Product Rating from Product Page
Customers also can review the product from the product page itself.
Users can see the average product rating based on the total available reviews for that product.
Feedback on Customer’s Review
Other users can give feedback on the customer’s review as the information posted on the review is helpful for them or not.
When a customer submits a review, the request for a voucher generates and goes to the admin for approval. If auto-approval of Reward Voucher is active, then it will automatically approve and a customer can view it under the “Vouchers” tab as shown below:
Product Rating – Admin End
An admin can view the list of reviews given by the customers by navigating through Catalog-> Product Rating.
- Admin can add new reviews on behalf of the customers to a product ordered.
- An admin can enable/disable the product review.
- Admin can edit/view/delete the product review.
An admin can add a new review by clicking on the “Add new review” button.
When the admin clicks on “Add new review” button a review submission form opens up. Admin will select the order id. Then select the product of the selected order and then proceed to give ratings and reviews to the product on the Customer’s behalf.
The Review will be visible on the Front-end product detail page. When there are multiple ratings on a Product, an average rating will display on the product page.
Manage feature to Rate
The admin can add the feature for the products and map it with the multiple products.
Admin can assign a single feature to multiple products but multiple features can not be applied to a single product.
After successfully creating the feature for the products, the admin can add the values of the features, so that the customer can rate the values of the feature.
Rate the feature at the front end
While customer gives their valuable feedback then they can also give rating to the feature values created by the admin from the back end.
Admin can view the details of vouchers by navigating through Catalog->Rating Voucher Details. There are two tabs under Rating Voucher Details:
- Voucher Request Details
- Voucher History
So let’s just see the above options one by one.
Voucher Request Details
Once a customer has submitted his review for a product, a request for voucher generation is sent to admin and admin can view it under Voucher Request Details tab.
If “Auto Approve Reward Voucher” has been enabled by admin then a voucher code will be emailed to a customer automatically. If “Auto Approve Reward Voucher” has been disabled by admin then admin has to approve reward voucher request first and then it will be sent to the customer.
Admin can change the status of a voucher by clicking on “Edit” button.
Once the voucher-request has been approved, an email notification will be received by admin regarding the voucher creation and the status of a voucher request changes from “Pending” to “Approved”.
After the admin approves the voucher request, then a customer will receive a voucher code via email. And, the admin can view voucher details under the Voucher History tab.
So, this was all about the PrestaShop Custom Product Rating module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way.
Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
In case, if you are also looking for a module to add FAQs to the products. Then, do check out the blog.
Current Product Version - 6.0.1
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x