PrestaShop Product FAQ : Improve customer satisfaction and boost conversions by adding FAQs to your product pages. Answer the questions before they are even asked and eliminate the need to reach out to your support team. Create and divide FAQs into suitable categories.
PrestaShop Product FAQ module is compatible with PrestaShop version 8.x.x.
Check the overview of the plugin in the video mentioned-below –
Features of Prestashop Product FAQ
- The extension adds a separate page for FAQs in your Prestashop store.
- Add FAQs and map them to your catalog products.
- Create categories and assign FAQs to them.
- Adds a new tab named FAQ alongside Description and Product Details tabs on the product page.
- Display the FAQs on the product page footer.
- Associate FAQs with products while adding or updating them.
- Once assigned to the product, you can update the FAQ or even remove it for the product.
- Set meta title, description, and keywords for the FAQ category.
- Set the number of FAQs to display on the product page.
- Configure the number of FAQs to display on the FAQ page.
- Set the number of related product names to display along with FAQs.
- Enable, disable, edit or delete the FAQs.
- Enable, disable, edit or delete the category.
- Set the sequence in which you want to display the FAQs.
- Prestashop Product FAQ module is Multishop compatible.
How to Install PrestashopProduct FAQ
- Firstly, go to the module manager in the back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
After the installation of the module, the admin needs to configure it. Under General Settings, admin can:
- Select where he wants to display the FAQs on the product page. Admin can display the FAQs alongside description & product details tabs and on the footer position of the product page.
- Set the number of FAQs to display on the product details page.
- Set the number of FAQs to display on the FAQ page.
- Configure how many related product (that are associated to FAQ) names will display at the front end.
FAQ Category and List
After the installation of the module, two new tabs “FAQ Category” and “FAQ List” get available under FAQ in the back office.
Prestashop Company ? Read More
Admin can create an FAQ category by clicking on the “Add FAQ Category” button. On clicking the button, a new form appears on the page where the admin needs to specify:
- Category Name
- Meta title
- Meta Description
After creating a FAQ category, the admin can view it under the FAQ category tab. Once added, admin can choose to enable, disable, edit or delete it.
In this way, the admin can add and manage the FAQ categories.
Admin can add FAQ by clicking on Add FAQ button.
On clicking the “ADD FAQ” button, a form appears on the page with the following options:
- Title and Content: In these fields, admin need to specify the FAQ title and content.
- Category name: Here admin can select the category with which he wants to associate the FAQ. Also, Create FAQ Category link is given below the field. When admin clicks on the link, he redirects to FAQ category page where he can create a new FAQ category.
- Products: In this field, admin can select the products that he wants to map with FAQ.
- Priority: The FAQs will display according to the priority set by admin from this field.
Once added, the admin can view it under the FAQ List tab.
In this way, the admin can add and manage the FAQs.
Also, the admin can associate the FAQs to a particular product from the add/update product page.
Go to Catalog -> Products -> Edit Product -> Modules.
On clicking the “Attach New FAQ” button, a form appears on the page. Here, the admin can select the FAQ for the product and the sequence in which the FAQ will display on the product page.
Once mapped, the admin can update the FAQ. Also, the admin can remove the FAQ for the product.
Front End Workflow
After the installation of the module, a new CMS Page named FAQ gets available at the footer position of the page. From this page, customers can view a list of all the FAQs added by the admin from the back office.
On clicking the question, a customer can view the answer and a list of all the products that are mapped by the admin to the FAQ.
As configured by the admin from the back office, a maximum of 5 related product names will display along with FAQ.
Click on a category to view the FAQ assigned.
FAQs on Product Page Tab
If enabled by admin from the back office, then a new tab “FAQ” gets added along with Description and Product Details tabs. From here, the customer can view a list of all the FAQs added by the admin for the product.
NOTE: Display of FAQ in product page tab setting is not available in Prestashop Product FAQ Version 1.6.x.x because the product page tabs are not present in the product details page in version 1.6.
FAQs on Product Page Footer
Customers can also view the FAQ on the footer position of the page if enabled by the admin while configuring the module settings.
This was all about Prestashop Product FAQ Module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way. Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
Current Product Version - 4.1.1
Supported Framework Version - 8.x.x, 1.7.x.x