PrestaShop Canada Post Shipping module offers shop owners to let customers get the delivery of products via Canada Post shipping.
This module calculates the price by considering the shipper i.e., shop owner address & the customer delivery address & displays it on the checkout page.
It also offers shop owners to print the shipping labels as well as create a request for the pick up of the package by Canada Post.
The shop owners can also create packages & accordingly print the label for each package. Functionality to create multiple packages for a single order is also available.
It also provides a tracking link to the admin & the customer both to track the current status of the order.
The tracking link is available on their respective order details page.
Features of the PrestaShop Canada Post Shipping module
- Shipping methods of Canada Post becomes available for the customers.
- Customers can choose to get the delivery of their products via Canada Post.
- Shipping cost calculation happens by considering shipper & delivery address.
- Select whether you want to send the order in a single package or multiple packages.
- In case of multiple packages, select which and how much quantity of the product will be sent in each package.
- Create pick up requests for the packages.
- Get notification related to shipping on various instances on your mail.
- Enter the email address on which you want to get shipping related notifications.
- Add the shipper information from where the package will be picked up.
- Create & download shipping labels.
- Add custom label text to display on the shipping label.
- A button to track the package is available on the admin order details page.
How to install the PrestaShop Canada Post Shipping module
- Firstly, go to the module manager in back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
How to configure the PrestaShop Canada Post Shipping module
After the successful installation of the module, you need to configure the module.
In the configuration settings, there are three sections. We’ll see each option in each section one by one.
- Sandbox Mode: Enable the option to use the module in the test mode. Otherwise, just disable it to use in the live mode.
- Canada Post Username & Password: These are the API details that you will get after creating account on Canada Post website.
The process to get the API credentials is available in this user guide in later sections.
- Customer Number: Enter the customer number that you got after creating account on Canada Post.
Shipment Pick up Info
Firstly, download all the shipping carriers of Canada Post into your PrestaShop.
Print out paper: Select the size of the paper on which you want to print labels.
Agreement type: Select whether you want to use the commercial or non-commercial services of Canada Post.
Contract ID: Enter the contract ID that you get from Canada Post.
Shipment Notification: There are 3 instances on which you can choose to get notification on mail.
- On Exception: On selecting this option, you will get notification when any unexpected issue arises while shipping.
- On Delivery: You’ll also get notification when customer gets the delivery of the package.
- In transit(On Shipment): Get notification when the package is successfully shipped.
Email: Enter the email address on which you want to get the above kinds of notifications.
In this section, you just need to add the address from where you want the Canada Post to pick up the packages to ship to the destination address.
So, this was all about the process to configure the module. Now, let’s proceed to the next section to know more about the process to get API keys.
How to create API keys
In order to create the API keys, firstly visit this page. On this page, you will find an option to either sign up or sign in.
Now, let’s see how we can signup first.
After clicking on the signup button, you’ll land on the following page. Here, select the business option & proceed.
As you are signing up for the first time, you can click on the “Register now” button & proceed further.
Now, you need to provide all your personal information in order to create a business account.
After clicking on the “To continue” button, you will receive an email to verify your account. Click on the link you got in the mail to verify your account.
Now after the successful verification, visit this link. You will land on the page as visible in the screenshot below.
After that, click on the “Join Now” button & proceed.
On clicking the button, you will need to log in to your account again. Use the credentials that you filled in while creating the account.
Also, please note that this username & password are not the ones that you need to enter in the API keys section of the module.
After logging in successfully, the following page will open. Here, you can view your API keys & copy them to add in the configuration settings of the module.
The workflow of the PrestaShop Canada Post Shipping module
After you download the shipping methods of Canada Post from the configuration settings page, all of them are visible under the Shipping section too.
How to place order using Canada Post shipping
Now under the shipping section, a customer will also get to select the shipping methods of Canada Post.
Also, please note that the carriers of Canada Post shown here are on the basis of customer address.
A customer can also view the name of the shipping method on the order confirmation page.
At the admin’s end, two new sections are available on the order details page. Let’s understand their significance one by one.
Create Shipping Package
From the order details page, you can also create a shipping package. Using this functionality, you can do the following things.
- Create a single package for all the products of order or
- Create a separate package for each product available in the order
Single Package Creation
In case if you want to create a single package for all the products of the order, you need to fill in the following things.
- Dimension of the package (Although it’s not mandatory)
- Customer reference 1 & 2 (It will be visible on the printed label)
After filling in the details, you can create a shipping label. Thereafter, you can also download the shipping.
A button to track the package also becomes available.
A view of the shipping label for the above order.
How to request pick up of the package
Another section also becomes available on the admin order details page.
This section allows the admin to create a request for pick up of the package by Canada Post.
After clicking on the request Canada Post pick up, the following form will open.
Here, you just need to enter some personal information & the place from where the package needs to be picked up.
Create Multiple Packages
This module also offers you to create several packages for the order.
For example: Say you got an order containing 5 products. Now, you think that some of the products are fragile & they need to be sent in a separate package.
So, now, you can choose to create multiple packages for a single order. Also, you can select which product you want to keep in which package.
After creating the package, just click on the “create shipment label” button & a separate label for each package will be created.
So, this was all about the PrestaShop Canada Post Shipping Module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way.
Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
Current Product Version - 4.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x