Buyback is a process in which the store owner charges an additional amount from the customers and in return offer assured buyback price. So the customers do not have to worry about the fluctuating resale value or wait for the right time to sell their used products.
With Prestashop Buyback Program, customers can purchase a buyback product by paying some amount and in return get assured buyback value. Customers can claim the buyback price within the specified time from the purchase.
Features of Prestashop Buyback Program
- Configure the products on which customers can claim buyback.
- Admin can apply buyback scheme on multiple products.
- Specify the time period within which customers can claim buyback.
- Customers can view the exchange value they get on the purchase of a new product.
- Registered customers can purchase a buyback plan and gets a discount offer which they can claim in future purchase.
- Go to back office ->modules.
- Upload the module zip file.
- The module will automatically get installed on your Prestashop.
Buyback Claim Configuration
Under “Buyback Claim Configuration“, admin can select the products on which customers can claim buyback.
Buyback Product Creation
After installation of the module, a new tab “Buyback Products” gets add under “Catalog” from where admin can add buyback products.
Admin can create a buyback product and apply it on products so that customers can add buyback guarantee to the cart while purchasing the product.
- Price – Additional value that a customer has to pay in order to purchase a buyback guarantee.
- Buyback Type – Set the value to offer to customer after purchasing buyback in terms of “fixed amount” or “percentage”.
- Buyback Value – Set the value which a customer can claim on his next purchase.
- Duration – Specify the time duration for which the buyback offer is valid.
After adding a buyback product, admin can set its image under “Images” tab.
After creating a buyback product, admin can apply it on catalog products. Go to Catalog->Products->Edit product->Modules.
NOTE: Only one buyback plan can be applied to a catalog product at a time.
Once admin has selected the buyback for the catalog product, a new block gets add on the product page in which customers can view buyback product details.
Front End Workflow of Prestashop Buyback Program
On the product page, a customer can view:
- Price for which he can avail buyback scheme.
- Discount value he can claim on his next purchase.
- Time duration within which he can claim the buyback.
Note: Buyback price displayed on the product page will be incl. of tax rate.
Customer can also view the discount he can claim on his next purchase on “Order Details” page.
An option of “claim buyback” gets add on the product page for the products selected by admin while configuring claim buyback settings.
Note: Customer will be able to claim buyback only when the status of an order is changed to “Delivered“.
When a customer clicks on “Claim buyback” option, a popup appears on the screen from where he can claim buyback.
When a customer clicks on “Apply” button, discount equivalent to buyback value gets apply to the cart as shown below:
That’s all for Prestashop Prestashop Buyback Program module.
For any kind of technical assistance, just raise a ticket at http://webkul.uvdesk.com and for any doubt contact us at email@example.com
Current Product Version - 4.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x