BugSnag is an error monitoring and reporting tool that automatically detects and notifies you of the errors that happen on the site via email.
Get notified when an error occurs on your site by integrating BugSnag with your Prestashop store. View all the errors that have occurred in front as well as back office on the BugSnag dashboard and decide which errors need to be fixed and which ones to ignore.
Note: Prestashop BugSnag module is compatible with PrestaShop framework version 8.x.x.
Check the overview of the plugin in the video mentioned-below –
Features of PrestaShop BugSnag
- Log website syntax errors, warnings, and exceptions on BugSnag
- Option to enable bug capturing on the front office, back office, or both.
- Select the type of errors that will be logged on the Bugsnag dashboard.
- Go to back office ->modules.
- Upload the module zip file.
- The module will automatically get installed on your Prestashop.
Prestashop Company ? Read More
How to Get BugSnag API Key
In order to get the API key, you have to visit the link: https://app.bugsnag.com/accounts/ and create an account on Bugsnag.
Now, you have to provide basic information such as name, email, company name, etc for creating an account on Bugsnag.
After submitting the details you gets redirect to the welcome page.
Now, click on “CONTINUE” button for creating a project by selecting a platform on which your site runs.
After selecting the platform on which your site runs, you have to select the platform or programming language you are using.
Now, you have to enter the application name as shown below:
After entering the application name, you will be redirect to “Invite Collaborators” page where you can add the collaborators who can view and configure the project.
After completing the above-mentioned steps you will get Bugsnag API key as shown below:
On clicking the “CONTINUE” button, you get redirect to the dashboard where you can view errors and bugs that occur on your site from time to time.
General Settings – PrestaShop BugSnag
- If selected ‘Server Side (PHP)’ in ‘Enable Bug Capturing Type’ field and ‘Front office’ in ‘Enable Bug Capturing On’ field. Then PHP errors of Front office will log on BugSnag.
- If selected ‘Server Side (PHP)’ in ‘Enable Bug Capturing Type’ field and ‘Back office’ in ‘Enable Bug Capturing On field’. Then PHP errors in the Back office will log on Bugsnag.
Server Side Bug Reporting Level
In this field, you have to select the type of errors that will be logged at BugSnag. If you have selected All Errors (E_ALL), then by default all error types will display at BugSnag.
That’s all about PrestaShop BugSnag module.
For any kind of technical assistance or query, please raise a ticket at http://webkul.uvdesk.com or send us a mail at [email protected]
Also, please explore our Prestashop development services and vast range of quality Prestashop addons.
Current Product Version - 4.0.2
Supported Framework Version - 8.x.x, 1.7.x.x
Leave a Comment