PrestaShop Blog Post module allows shop owners to create blogs & display on the store on a separate & dedicated page.
The module provides the functionality to publish as many blogs as a shop owner wants on the store.
It also offers to create categories for the blogs. So, that you can associate blogs into the categories that you want.
Also, the module offers several other functionalities like creating blogs in multiple languages, a number of blogs to show on the blog page etc.
Features of the PrestaShop Blog Post module
- Add blog posts in multiple languages.
- Publish as many blogs as you want on your store.
- Create categories for the blogs.
- Publish each blog under a specific category.
- A default category named “Uncategorized” becomes available after the installation of the module.
- Set the number of posts to display on each page.
- Choose to show or hide the categories from the blog page.
- Enter the number of categories to show on the blog page.
- Enter the name of author that you want to display on the blogs.
- Show or hide the author image.
- Upload the author image of your choice.
- Choose to upload the default blog image to show on blogs if blog has no image of its own.
- Also, add a featured image & thumbnail image for the blog.
- Choose to add a friendly URL for each blog that you create.
- Add description(blog content) & meta details for each blog post.
- Enable or disable the particular blog post.
- Set the publishing date of a blog.
- Choose to enable or disable the category anytime.
- Add a friendly URL for each category.
- Add description & meta details for each category.
- Choose to enable or disable the particular category.
How to install the PrestaShop Blog Post module
- Firstly, go to the module manager in back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
How to configure the PrestaShop Blog Post module
After the successful installation of the module, an admin can proceed to configure the module.
Prestashop Company ? Read More
The configuration settings of the module contain various options. And, the significance of each option is available in the screenshot below.
After the successful installation of the module, new tabs add to the admin dashboard to manage settings pertaining to blogs.
How to create the categories for the blogs
In order to create a new category for the blogs, click on the ‘Create New Category’ button.
After clicking the button, a form opens to fill in all the details about the category. You can add featured images, descriptions & meta details as well.
Note: An admin can not delete all the categories. He/she must need to set one of them as the default category.
How to create a new blog post
In order to add a new post, click on the ‘Create New Blog’ button.
After clicking the button, the following page will open. Here, you will need to fill in all the details of the blog to create a new blog.
After creating the post, you can view the blog under the ‘Posts’ tab. Additionally, you can also choose to edit, delete or preview the blogs from here.
View of the blogs at the front end
After the installation of the module, a new button of “Blog” add to the header section. On clicking this button, a user will be able to view all the posts.
On clicking the “Blog” button, a user will land on the following page. Here, they will be able to view the following things.
- All the blog posts in list view
- Name of all the blog categories
- A search field to search any specific blogs using keywords
- A button to go to next page to view other published blogs
If a user clicks on any one of the categories, something like the following page will open.
The below page is the view of a category page. A category page shows the following things.
- Featured image of the category
- All the blogs published under the category in list view
- Name of all the other blog categories
So, this was all about the PrestaShop Blog Post Module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way.
Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
Current Product Version - 4.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x