Prestashop Blog Module – The module adds the functionality of adding blogs to the store. It’s one of the ways to increase the reach among customers.
The blogs can be added in different languages. They can also be searched on the basis of language, categories, tags etc. Users can comment on the blog via default comment system or disqus forum.
- Admin can add unlimited number of posts in multi-language.
- Admin can enable/disable the display of post.
- Admin can display posts either in list view or grid view.
- Grid view can be shown with either 2 or 3 columns.
- Admin can set the position of the side bar.
- Admin can set the number of posts displayed per page.
- Admin can enable/disable the display of tags on side bar.
- Set the number of tags to be displayed on side bar.
- Admin can enable/disable the display of categories on side bar.
- If the display of categories is enabled, then admin can set the number of categories to be displayed on side bar.
- Admin can enable/disable the display of recent posts on side bar.
- If display of recent posts are enabled, then admin can set the number of recent posts to be displayed on side bar.
- Admin can enable/disable the display of popular posts on side bar.
- If display of popular posts are enabled, then admin can set the number of popular posts to be displayed on side bar.
- Admin can enable either disqus comment system or default comment system.
- On enabling the default comment system, admin can enable/disable the display of comment system on the posts globally.
- If display of comment is enabled globally, then admin can enable/disable the display of comment system for individual posts.
- On enabling disqus comment system, admin has to specify admin disqus name.
- Admin can set the publish date for posts.
- Admin can also display related products with the posts.
- Admin can also display related posts with a particular post.
- Admin can enable/disable the display of a particular post.
- Admin can add unlimited categories according to the need.
- Admin can set the featured image with the category.
- Admin can add thumbnail image with the blogs.
- Admin can also provide description for the category.
- Admin can enable/disable the category anytime.
- Admin has to set one category as default category.
- Admin can edit/delete category according to the need.
- If admin wants to delete the associated category, then admin will get a notification.
- Admin can also provide group permission to the categories.
- Admin can add unlimited number of tags.
- Admin can assign new tag to number of posts, while creating a new tag.
- Admin can add tags in any language.
- Admin can manage the comments given by default comment system in “manage comment” tab.
- Admin can manage the comments given by disqus system in their disqus account.
- Buyer can view the categories, tags, recent posts and popular posts on side bar.
- Customer can bookmark the blogs.
- Customer can mark the blogs as favourite.
- Customer can share the blogs via twitter, facebook & google.
- Buyer can filter the posts according to language, categories, tags
- Buyer can comment & give reviews through emojis.
- Blog reading time is also displayed on the blogs.
- If buyer filter the posts according to the language, then buyer will see the list of posts written in selected language and default language.
- Go to Back office > Modules and Services > Upload a Module
- Drop or select your module zip file
- The module would be automatically installed
After successful installation of module, admin can configure the module.
Note:- If admin disables the disqus forum, Comments on the blog needs to enabled for displaying them on the front end.
Now, grid view can also be selected with 2 or 3 columns.
In this way, module will be configured successfully.
After successful installation of the module, new tabs to manage settings pertaining to blogs are added.
Add New Post
Admin can add new posts by clicking on ‘Create New Blog’.
Admin can view the list of all the blogs created in ‘Posts’ tab. The blogs can be edited/deleted or previewed from here.
Note- The blogs need to be created in default shop language first. After that their translations in other languages can also be added.
A new tab will be added at front-end named as “Blog”. User can view all the posts by clicking on the button.
Grid view of the blogs is shown in the screenshot below. Now, grid with 2 or 3 columns can also be selected.
List view of the blog is shown in the screenshot below.
Add New Category
Admin can add new category by clicking on ‘Create New Category’. The posts can be associated within these categories.
Add featured image, description & provide access to some specific group of customers to this category.
Note:- Admin can not delete all the categories. One of them needs to be set as the default category.
The posts of a deleted category will get associated with the default category.
In case, if admin tries to delete the category containing posts then a warning message(as shown in the screenshot below) will appear.
Customer can view all the blogs associated with any specific category. The featured image and description will also show at the category page.
Note:- Admin can set group permission to the categories. The posts will be displayed as per the group permission created for the category.
Admin can create tags from the “Tags” and assign them to different posts altogether.
The tags added while creating any post will also display in the tag list.
If the customer clicks on any tag at front-end, then the customer can view the blogs associated with the selected tag.
The comments posted by customer can be managed in this section. There are two types of comment system available in the module viz. default & disqus forum.
1) Disqus forum- The users can comment on the forum. The comments posted by the guest is hidden until it is authorized by the forum.
Disqus offers the best add-on tools for websites to increase engagement. The company’s platform includes various features, such as social integration, social networking, user profiles, spam and moderation tools, analytics, email notifications, and mobile commenting.
2) Default comment system- The users can comment on here by just entering their names & email.
Now, admin can view the list of comments given by the users in the”comments” tab. Admin can view the list of the comments posted via default comment system.
Note:- The comment provided by the “Disqus forum” on the blogs is managed through “Disqus account”
While updating comment, the commenter can not be changed.
The posts can be added in multiple languages. To add posts in multiple language, they first needs to be created in default language of the shop.
The posts written in default language i.e. English-
The post written in other language i.e. French-
That was all about Prestashop Advanced Blog module. Now, admin can create blogs & associate products & other blogs too with them to increase the popularity of their store.
For any kind of technical assistance, just raise a ticket at : http://webkul.uvdesk.com/ and for any doubt contact us at email@example.com
Current Product Version - 5.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x