PrestaShop Aramex Shipping Module integrates shipping methods provided by ‘Aramex’. It can be used by anyone residing in countries where ‘Aramex’ operates.
The module adds the Aramex shipping methods to store & displays their respective rates by calculating them directly from the Aramex website.
The rate calculation happens on the basis of the admin’s shipping address and the customer’s delivery address.
It also takes the product dimension and weight into account for calculating shipping costs.
Prestashop Company ? Read More
- The display of a particular shipping method will totally depend upon the API.
- This module is compatible with PrestaShop version 8.x.x.
Check the overview of the plugin in the video mentioned below –
Features of the PrestaShop Aramex Shipping module
- Shipping methods of Aramex become available in the store.
- Shipping methods are available for domestic as well as international buyers.
- Admin can calculate the rate based on product weight, international/domestic shipping and other factors before creating a shipment.
- The module adds the tracking link with the order.
- The module also lets the admin download a printing label(available in PDF format).
Note- “The Module is Multishop compatible.”
How to install the PrestaShop Aramex Shipping module
- Firstly, go to the module manager in the back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
How to configure the module
After the successful installation of the module, The admin can create Aramex shipping carriers by clicking on the “Click here to create shipping methods” button as shown below.
Admin needs to set the parameters for calculating rates and for creating shipments.
In this way, the module configuration will be successful.
After configuring the module successfully, shipping methods provided by Aramex become available under the ‘carriers’ section at the admin end.
Now, while purchasing a product, a customer will find the Aramex Shipping methods along with the cost.
This cost calculation happens through the Aramex API based on the admin configuration details.
A tab displaying live tracking details is also available on the customer order details page.
Workflow at the admin’s end
On the order details page at the admin’s end, an admin will have two options i.e. ‘create shipment’ & ‘calculate rate’.
On clicking the “Calculate Rate” tab, a popup window will open to calculate the shipping rate. The rate will be fetched by API directly from Aramex.
On clicking the “Create Shipment tab”, a popup window will open to create a new shipment.
After creating the shipment, an admin can view the shipment for that particular order along with a link to track the order.
Also, an admin can download a shipment label (PDF format).
A view of the shipment label for the order is in the screenshot below
So, this was all about the PrestaShop Aramex Shipping module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way.
Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
Current Product Version - 5.0.4
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x