High-quality product images are extremely important for any eCommerce business as they help make the customers understand the product in a better way. It is the product image that customers visualize before making the purchase online. Prestashop Add Product Images Using Google Search facilitates you to add a customizable search box to your Prestashop back office.
Search the keywords related to the product and Google will fetch you the relevant results. Also, you can preview the image and get a bigger and clearer view before uploading it to the catalog product.
This extension can be of great help for the Prestashop stores that deal in items such as cameras, mobiles, televisions, laptops, etc. So that if the store owners do not have the quality images of these products then they can easily upload it through Google.
Features of Prestashop Add Product Images Using Google Search
- Add images to your catalog products using Google search.
- Option to preview the images before uploading them to products.
- Enable or Disable the display of resolution of images searched from Google.
- This module is multi-shop compatible.
- Go to back-office ->modules ->Module Manager.
- Now, click on “Upload a module” button and select the module’s zip file.
- In this way, the module gets install on Prestashop.
Prestashop Add Product Images Using Google Search – Configuration & Workflow
Product Image Search and Add Setting
Under “Product Image Search and Add Setting” admin:
- Has to specify Google search engine Id that he received from https://programmablesearchengine.google.com/about/
- Can enable or disable the display of resolution below the image that he searched and added using Google.
How To Get Google Search Engine Id
For getting the Google Search Engine Id you have to visit https://programmablesearchengine.google.com/about/
Now click on “Get started” button. On clicking the button, you redirect to the Google accounts page where you need to sign in to your Google account.
After specifying the name of the websites on which you want to search the product images and search engine name, click on the create button.
You can also customize the search engine as per need by clicking on Control Panel.
Select the “Full Width” layout for the module and customize the search bar by setting its font and border & background color.
Upload Product Images Using Google Search
Simply go to Catalog -> Products ->Edit Product -> Modules. Enter the keywords related to the product of which you want to search the images from Google.
When you click on the search button, images related to the product gets displayed on the product page as shown below:
Once you get the search results, then you can:
- Preview the image by clicking on the view button mentioned below the image.
- Upload the image to the product by clicking on the upload button below the image.
You can also view the resolution of each image as configured.
After uploading the product image, you can view it under “Basic Settings” tab as shown below:
In this way, you can search as well as add images to your catalog products using Google.
For any kind of technical assistance or query, please raise a ticket at http://webkul.uvdesk.com or send us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Product Version - 4.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x