Odoo Point of Sale allows the user to select only one stock location for a product at a given time. Our module Odoo POS Warehouse Management enhances this feature to facilitate the user to select multiple stock locations for a product in Point of Sale.
In case, if a product goes out of stock in the current Point of Sale Session then a POS user can simply order the stock of that product from other locations.
Thus a user can manage the sale of the product more efficiently!
- Seller can manage multiple warehouses within POS Session.
- Seller can add the product from multiple warehouses.
- It displays the stock quantity of the product available in running POS session.
- Seller can select multiple stock locations for a single Point of Sale by setting the other related stock locations.
- If a product is out-of-stock in main stock location, then the seller can select that product from other related stock locations which are added to it.
- The stock will be updated automatically after order validation.
- Once you have purchased the module from our Webkul store, you will receive a link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘pos_warehouse_management’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode. You can activate the developer mode by typing ‘debug’ after ‘web?’ in the URL as well.
- Now, open the Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘pos_warehouse_management‘.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
Backend Configuration –
Go to-Point of Sale> under Configuration> Point of Sale, select the main stock location and other related stock location for the current running Point of Sale.
Front End Working –
In POS Session all the products will appear with their stock quantity. A POS user can select the product that he wants to add to the POS Cart.
Depend on the quantity added for the particular product on Cart the stock quantity will be reduced on the Product Page of Point of Sale.
Also, when any product is out of stock then a popup will appear which displays the message-“Product out of stock”.
Then the user will click on “Check Availability” option to select that product from other related stock locations.
After that, the user will select the stock location.
Then he will enter the product quantity which he wants to add to the POS Cart. Now the Product is added to the POS Cart Successfully.
Furthermore, in Backend under Point of Sale>Orders, related picking will be generated for those products whose quantity is selected from other related stock locations.
In a case of any further query feel free to raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/ or drop us a mail at email@example.com
Thanks for reading this blog!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - V12, V11, V10, V9 & V8