This guide describes the configuration and workflow for Odoo POS Warehouse Management. To know how to set up the configurations of Odoo POS Stock, please refer to the User Guide for the base module.
A warehouse is a place where goods are stored before they are sold or distributed
Your warehouse is an important part of your customers buying experience! You need to make sure that the products ordered are in stock. Managing a warehouse efficiently leads a business towards greater earnings. You can make inventory management faster, easier and efficient task.
Working in POS, Let’s say, a product is out of stock in the main stock location, the cashier will not be able to proceed with the order, to deal with such a situation we need to add stock from other stock location.
Introducing, “Odoo POS Warehouse Management”, the perfect resolution for such a scenario, where, POS users can choose more than one stock location of the product. If, the seller wants, he can select multiple stock locations as the main stock location or other related stock locations.
Moreover, the module facilitates a cashier to view the current stock of products in running POS session. Product stock will be automatically updated after validating the order.
- POS user can manage multiple warehouses within a POS session.
- The module lets the cashier add the product from multiple warehouses.
- A seller can view the current stock of products in running POS session.
- If the product is out-of-stock then the seller can add that product from other related stock locations that are added with that POS session.
- The stock will be updated automatically after order validation.
- POS users can use the custom message to show when a product is out-of-stock.
- A cashier can allow proceeding orders even if the product has zero quantity.
1.) Once you purchase the Odoo POS Warehouse Management module From Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
2.) Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- “pos_warehouse_management”.
3.) Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
4.) Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
5.) Then, open on the Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
6.) In the search bar, remove all the filters and search “pos_warehouse_management”.
7.) Now you will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
- Login to your Odoo interface and then navigate to POS module.
- Click on ellipsis and go to any POS session’s settings.
- Now scroll down to the “Inventory” section.”
You can add other stock locations with the help of the “Other related stock location” feature.
4. On this tab, you have various features to configure your POS session.
(i) Tick the checkbox “Display stock in POS” to view stock of each product in POS running session.
(ii) Enabling the “Hide out of stock product” feature, those products will not be available anymore in the POS screen product list that has ‘0’ quantity.
(iii) By enabling the “Allow order when out of stock” feature, the cashier can proceed with the order even if ordered product has no quantities.
(iv) If the POS user wants to show any custom message on out-of-stock he simply can use the feature “Custom message” and add the custom message.
(v) Using “Deny order when product stock is equal to”.
Running POS Session
5. You can check the product stock from the top left section of the product.
6. When a selected product hasn’t sufficient quantity a pop-up will appear.
7. To add the product quantity from another related warehouse click on ‘Check availability‘ button
Now if you have multiple stock locations attached to it, then select any of them.
Specify the quantity you want to add.
8. The cashier can allow the order to proceed even product has does not have any quantity.
9. Here user can add any custom message if he wishes so, the message will be appearing while selecting a product with no quantities.
10. The cashier can deny the order when it has no that many quantities as the cashier has set in “Deny order when product stock is equal to”.
11. Related Pickings generated for the product ordered from other related stock locations.
Was this guide helpful? Please share your feedback in the comments below.
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-tickehttp://tickett/
For any doubt contact us at [email protected]
Thanks for reading!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V13, V12, V11, V10, V9 & V8