A lot of information required to create a new account may discourage the customer from signup. So using Opencart Social Login module user can signup on to your site with the help of social networks.
This module allows the users to sign up for the Opencart site using social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Google, LinkedIn. The admin can manage settings for social networks on the back end such as App ID, secret key etc.
Social Commerce – Learn how to promote, influence purchase decision and sell products directly on social media channels.
Note: The site should be on secure server to use the google login.
Watch the below video tutorial to understand the extension workflow:
- Allows the users to sign up using social networks.
- Customer select one of their preferred social network to sign up on the site.
- Customer can choose one among the various social account to login.
- Admin can enable or disable the customer to login into their site using social networks.
- Admin can manage settings for social networks on the backend such as App ID, secret key etc.
- Increase Conversion Rate.
- No need to create a new account manually, the customer can directly login through Social Network.
- The code is fully open & you can customize it according to your need.
Installation & Configuration
Opencart Social Login module installation is super easy you need to move admin, catalog, system & image folder in Opencart root directory that’s it as per the screenshot.
You can also install the Opencart Social Login module by uploading the admin & catalog files through extension installer.
Now admin will go to Extensions > Modifications and then click on refresh button like the image below.
Now, under Extension > Modules, Install the Opencart Social Login module like this way.
When the admin will click on edit button, a new page will open where the admin can enable or disable the module and enter Client Id / Consumer Key and Consumer Secret / Secret Key for various Social Media.
After configuration setting, Customer can find various social networks at the login page and also sign up into their site using social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Google, LinkedIn. There is no need to fill various fields for sign up.
After clicking on LinkedIn login button, below page will be open for login.
After clicking on Google login button, below page will be open for login.
After clicking on Twitter login button, below page will be open for login.
After clicking on Facebook login button, below page will be open for login.
How to set-up Application for Google
You can create a Google application using this link https://console.developers.google.com/project
1. After clicking on above link, go to the Create Project.
2. Now go to “Manage Project” and click on the name of the Project Name.
3. Now, the user will search the Gmail API from the search box and then click on the Gmail link.
5. Now, click on Gmail API and you will have the below screen where you have to select credentials for your project.
6. After clicking on “What Credentials do i need”, a new page will open where you have to enter Origin URL & path.
7. Now enter the product name which will appear on the screen.
8. You can see the client Id after entering the product name.
9. At last you will receive your Client Id And Client Secret.
How to set-up Application for Twitter
You can create a Twitter application using this link https://apps.twitter.com/
1. Click on “Create New App”
2. Now fill out the form to Create a New Twitter Application.
3. After creating an app go to the Settings and Click on Update Setting.
4. Receive your Consumer Key and Secret under Keys And Access Tokens
Twitter don’t send Email Id of the customer at the time of Login. It sends only Screen Name. So kindly update your Email Id and Password after sign up with Twitter.
How to set-up Application for Facebook
You can create a Facebook application by following the steps below –
1. Go to this link https://developers.facebook.com/ and click on the Login Button.
8. After that, you needs to add a product Facebook Login.
9. Once, the product get added then you need to select the platform for it.
10. Enter the website URL.
11. After enetring the website URL, the last step is to enter the redirecting URL and then click on the Save button.
How to set-up Application for linkedIn
You can create a LinkedIn application using this link https://www.linkedin.com/secure/developer
1. After clicking on above link, click on “Create Application”.
2. Now fill out the form to register a New Application.
4. Now add Redirect URL and update it.
That’s all for the Opencart Social Login, still have any issue feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views to make the module better at HelpDesk Support.
Current Product Version - 126.96.36.199
Supported Framework Version - 2.x.x.x, 3.x.x.x