Opencart Marketplace Auction module will enable the auction feature for your Marketplace using which sellers and admin can add auction in their product and the buyer can bid on their product.
With the use of this module, admin and sellers can place auction products. Customers can place four types of auctions which are standard, incremental, automatic, and reserve auction.
Opencart Marketplace Auction module is an add-on of Opencart Marketplace, you need to install Opencart Marketplace first to use this module.
You can also check our module Opencart Marketplace Customer reverse Auction wherein a customer can request any product from all the sellers of that marketplace. Once a request is approved by admin, sellers of the marketplace can place the bid for that request to fulfill the request of the customer.
Now a customer can choose the lowest bid to purchase the product. He will accept the bid and purchase product from the seller at the lowest price.
1. This module supports all templates and themes including the Journal theme.
2. Opencart Marketplace Auction module supports the Multi-Store feature of default Opencart.
Features of Opencart Marketplace Auction
- Sellers can add the automatic auction.
- The Sellers can add reserved auction.
- Sellers can add the incremental auction.
- Customers can place an automatic auction.
- Also, customers can place a reserved auction.
- Customers can place incremental auction.
- Email for every outbid customer when new bid placed.
- Admin can add the automatic auction.
- Also, the admin can add reserved auction.
- Admin can add the incremental auction.
- All types of action can be applied to a single product.
- Admin has the option to show the current bid.
- The admin has the option to show all the bidders and their prices.
- Admin has the option to show bidder name, bid, and details under automatic bidding.
- Also, the admin/customers can see the auction bid list and automatic auction bid list.
- Admin can see the winner name for the auction.
Installation of Opencart Marketplace Auction
Installation of Opencart Marketplace Auction Module is easy. Customers will get a zip folder for installing the module. They will unzip this folder on their system. This zip folder has 4 folders named with four different versions of Opencart.
This zip folder has 4 folders named with four different versions of Opencart. If the customer wants to install the Opencart Marketplace Auction Version 2.0.xx to 2.1.x.x, there are three folders inside this folder version 2.0.x.x to 2.1.x.x namely- admin, catalog, and ocmod.
You just need to upload admin and catalog folders to the root directory of the website.
Once you have uploaded the file then login to admin and go to Extensions> Extension installer and upload the XML file. The XML file can be found on the ocmod folder.
After uploading the XML file go to the Extensions > Modification and click on refresh field.
Now, After that in Admin panel go to System -> Users -> Usergroup and edit ‘Administrator’ and select all for both Access and Modify Permission then save it.
After that under Extension > Modules install the Marketplace Auction module like this.
Opencart Marketplace Auction Module Translation
As this Opencart Marketplace Auction module supports multiple languages so this section will describe how to make the module work in different languages. Please check this link for language translation
Opencart Marketplace Auction Configuration
After the installation of the module, the admin can click on the edit button to configure the module. From here admin can enable/ disable the module, set time zone and enable the auction bid details to show on the frontend for the standard auction.
Now admin can click on ‘increment auction options’ to enable the incremental auction and set the price range rule.
Here admin can click on ‘Fill Price Range’ button to enter the price range and increment price.
The Increment bid is the amount by which a bid will be incremented each time the current bid is outdone. The increment bid amount set will be done by the admin.
Set increment bid as-
|Current High Bid||Increment|
|$1000 and up||$200|
You’re the first bidder on a listing where the starting price is $20 and you place a maximum bid of $40. Now the current bid is automatically incremented by $10 and then the current bid is $50. No one can place a bid of less than $50. When a second bidder places a maximum bid of $110, the bid will automatically be raised to $15 and the minimum bid amount is $125.
Now admin can click on automated options to enable/disable it and make other changes.
Admin can also enable or disable the Automatic Auction option with automatic bidder details, price, bidders, outbid messages. Let’s explain Automatic Auction using example and winning cases.
About Automatic Auction
1. When you(buyer) place an automatic bid with the maximum amount that you want to pay for the product.
2. The other bidders don’t know about other’s bidder automatic bid if disable by admin.
3. The other bidders place bids based on the current high bid. The bid will be placed until the bid meets the reserve price or until it expires.
5. If another bidder places the same maximum automatic bid or higher, then you will be notified by mail, so that you can place another bid.
6. If Your maximum bid is not exceeded by another automatic bidder or current bid, then you will win the bid at the current bid.
1. When buyer-A place an automatic bid with the maximum amount $100 that you want to pay for the product-X (reserve price-$60 and current bid price-$10).
2. The other bidders don’t know about other’s bidder automatic bid if disable by admin.
3. The other bidder B place bids of amount $12 on based on the current high bid. The bid will be placed until the bid meets the reserve price or until it expires. now if many bidders placed the bid and now the current bid amount is $62.
Now winning the case for bidder
If at this position bid expires then buyer A will win the bid at $62 amount because he placed the highest amount bid and no one exceeded this amount.
If another buyer C places the maximum amount $110 as automatic bid, then buyer A will be notified by mail, so that he can place another bid and if buyer A doesn’t place any maximum bid then buyer C will win the bid at cost $62.
If another buyer D places maximum amount $115 as normal bid then buyer C will be exceeded by current bid and he will be notified and if buyer C doesn’t place any maximum bid then buyer D will win the bid at cost $115.
After that customer can enable/disable reserve auction option.
Under this auction, the admin can set a price. If the auction does not reach that price then no one will win the auction. For example, if the reserve price on an auction is set as 500 and bid is made till 499 then no one will win the auction.
Now admin can enable the notification email for winning mail to admin, winning mail to sellers, winning mail to customers, outbid notification email to buyers, and auto bid outbid notification.
After the configuration of the module, the admin needs to set the Opencart Marketplace Auction module on the product page so that customers can see the auction option on the product. For this, admin can navigate to Design-> Layout and select the page to set the layout. After that admin can set the layout like this.
Now admin can navigate to Extensions->Modules and edit Marketplace module to provide auction option to sellers. From Catalog module configuration admin can select Marketplace Auction option like this.
Opencart Marketplace Auction for Sellers
After the complete configuration of the module, sellers can see the Marketplace auction option under their account section. After clicking on Marketplace Auction, sellers can see the products which are listed under auction. From, here sellers can also add and delete the auctions.
After clicking on the add button seller can enable/disable the auction status, choose the product for auction, enter the auction start price, reserve price, etc.
Marketplace Auction For Customers
Customers can see the auction link at the header of the website. Customers can click here to go to the auction collection page.
From here customers can click on the bid now button to go to the product’s auction page.
Here customers can enter the bid amount and click on bid now button to make the bid.
Customers can click on ‘Auction Details’ button to see the auction details.
Customers can click on ‘ Bid list’ to see the list of the bidders and their bid amount.
To make an automatic bid customers need to first check the ‘Place Bid as Automatic’ checkbox. After that, they can enter the amount and make the bid.
Customers can click on the automatic bid button to check the automatic bid placed for the product. After clicking on the link, a new page will show normal bid list and automatic bid list.
Customers can go to the auction page and check the recent auction winners by clicking on the “Recent Winners” tab.
After winning the auction the customers will receive an email stating that they have won the auction.
On clicking the View button, the winner of the auction will be redirected to the Product page where he will receive a congratulation message for winning the auction and product can be added to the cart with the updated price.
Admin Management of Marketplace Auction
As like sellers admin can also place any marketplace product on auction. Admin can see the ‘Auction Manager’ in the admin menu. From here admin can check the auction product list and add, delete, and edit the auction products.
After clicking on the add button admin can enable/disable the auction status, choose the product for auction, enter the auction start price, reserve price, etc.
Admin can also see the bid list after clicking on the ‘Auction bid list’ tab. From here admin can also delete the bid.
After that admin can click on automatic bid list to see the automatic bid details.
This was all for the Opencart Marketplace Auction Module, if there is any doubt then please feel free to create a ticket https://webkul.uvdesk.com/.
Current Product Version - 188.8.131.52
Supported Framework Version - 2.x.x.x, 3.x.x.x