Opencart Bulk Category Upload module will allow the admin to add the bulk categories in few clicks. The admin can import and export a bulk number of categories on the store using CSV, XLS, or XML files. The admin can do one-click export categories for various Opencart stores.
Sample files are also available in CSV, XLS, or XML formats to import categories with respective assigned bulk products to each category on the store. The imported file can be of a single language for a single store view or can be uploaded with multiple languages for multiple store views.
The module makes it easy and convenient for the admin to upload the bulk categories.
- Export mass categories store-wise.
- Upload mass categories & products on the store at a time.
- Import mass categories with and without images.
- Sample files available in CSV, XML & XLS format.
- Import and export categories through CSV, XML & XLS file types.
- Upload multiple languages files respective to different store views.
- Add products & categories by adding respective ID’s in the CSV, XML or in XLS file type.
Installation of the module is easy. Under the module zip, there are 3 folders admin, catalog, and system, you just need to upload these folders to the root directory of the website.
Now log in to admin backend and navigate through Extensions -> Extension Installer. Click the Upload button and browse the Zip file, this file is in the ocmod folder. Please select the correct ocmod folder. According to your Opencart version installed in your system.
After uploading the Zip file, please navigate through Extensions > Modifications. Now, click the Refresh button as visible in below screenshot.
Edit User Groups
After that, in Admin panel go to System -> Users -> Usergroup and edit ‘Administrator’ and select all for both Access and Modify Permission then save it.
After that under Extension > Modules install the module as shown below.
Opencart Bulk Category Upload module supports multiple languages. So, this section will describe how to make the module work in different languages. Please check this link for language translation
After the module installation, the admin can easily configure the module settings. For this, the admin will navigate to Extensions -> Modules as per the below image.
Here, select the module and then click on the Edit icon. This will navigate the admin to the module configuration page as per the below image.
Here, the admin will:
- Status – Enable or disable the module as per the choice.
- Keyword – Select “Enable” to get the category SEO URL automatically. Else, select “Disable” to set the category SEO URL manually.
And, lastly will hit the Save Config button to save the module configuration successfully.
Mass Category Upload Management
The admin can view the Mass Category Upload menu option for the management of bulk category upload feature as shown below.
The Mass Category Upload menu option will have the two sub-menu options –
- Export Category – Download the existing categories from the store.
- Import Category – Upload the bulk categories to the store.
Clicking the Export Category menu will navigate the admin to the export category management page as shown below.
Under this section, the admin will
- Store – Select the store from where the admin wants to download the categories.
- File – Select the file type for downloading the existing categories from the store.
For downloading, click the Export button.
File Type Supported
The module supports three types of files –
The admin can import and export bulk categories using the CSV file. Below image represents the structure of the CSV file.
The admin can import and export bulk categories using the XML file. Below image represents the structure of the XML file.
The admin can import and export bulk categories using the XLS file. Below image represents the structure of the XLS file.
The admin can edit the file as per the requirement –
- Parent Id – Define the parent id of the category which the admin uploading.
- Image – Enter the category image name which will be the same as in the image zip file if uploading the categories with images.
- Enter the top, column, and sort order of the category.
- Status – Set 1 to display category at the front end else set 0.
- Product Id – Add products to the category by just entering the product Ids.
- Category Filters – Define the category filters.
- Store Id – Enter store id in which admin wants to import the categories. (Store id 0 for default store).
- Enter the category SEO URL and category name.
- Enter the meta title, meta keywords, meta description, and description.
Clicking the Import Category menu will navigate the admin to the import category management page as shown below.
Under this section, the admin will download the sample file (CSV/XLS/XML) and can edit the sample file as per the requirement. After, updating sample files the admin will upload the categories.
For uploading the categories, the admin will have two fields as shown below –
- Upload CSV/XLS/XML – Upload the category file and save it.
- Upload Images Zip File – The admin can also upload the category images. Here, upload the category images zip file and save it.
The image zip file should contain images mentioned in the category file uploaded in the above field.
After uploading the category files, click the Save button and a success message will be displayed.
That’s all for the Opencart Bulk Category Upload module. Still, have any issue feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views at http://webkul.uvdesk.com/
Current Product Version - 22.214.171.124
Supported Framework Version - 2.x.x.x, 3.x.x.x