Opencart Bulk Category Upload module will allow the admin to add the bulk categories in few clicks and thereby the admin can import and export a bulk number of categories from and to the store. In addition to that, the admin can use the CSV, XLS, or XML files for doing the same. The admin can do one-click export categories for various Opencart stores.
Apart from that, the sample files are also available in CSV, XLS, or XML formats to import categories with respective assigned bulk products to each category on the store.
Now, the imported file can be of a single language for a single store view or can be uploaded with multiple languages for multiple store views. Above all, the module makes it easy and convenient for the admin to upload the bulk categories.
Check the plugin options for bulk import and export of categories –
Also, for detailed working check the steps in the user guide below.
- Export mass categories store-wise.
- Upload mass categories & products on the store at a time.
- Import mass categories with and without images.
- Sample files available in CSV, XML & XLS format.
- Import and export categories through CSV, XML & XLS file types.
- Upload multiple language files respective to different store views.
- Add products & categories by adding respective ID’s in the CSV, XML, or in XLS file type.
Installation of the module is easy. Under the module zip, there are 3 folders admin, catalog, and system, you just need to upload these folders to the root directory of the website.
Now log in to the admin backend and navigate through Extensions -> Extension Installer. Click the Upload button and browse the Zip file, this file is in the ocmod folder.
Please select the correct ocmod folder. According to your Opencart version installed in your system.
After uploading the Zip file, please navigate through Extensions > Modifications. After this, click the Refresh button.
Edit User Groups
In the Admin panel go to System -> Users -> Usergroup and edit ‘Administrator’ and select all for both Access and Modify Permission then save it.
After that under Extension > Modules install the module.
Opencart Bulk Category Upload module supports multiple languages. So, this section will describe how to make the module work in different languages. Please check this link for language translation
The admin will navigate to Extensions -> Modules as per the below image.
Here, select the module and then click on the Edit icon.
This will navigate the admin to the module configuration page.
Here, the admin will:
- Status – Enable/disable the module as per the choice.
- Keyword – Select “Enable” to get the category SEO URL automatically else, select “Disable” to set the category SEO URL manually.
Lastly, the admin will hit the Save Config button to save the module configuration successfully.
Mass Category Upload Management
The admin can view the Mass Category Upload menu option for the management of the bulk category upload feature.
Henceforth, the Mass Category Upload menu option will have the two sub-menu options –
- Export Category – Download the existing categories from the store.
- Import Category – Upload the bulk categories to the store.
Clicking the Export Category menu will navigate the admin to the export category management page as shown below.
Under this section, the admin will
- Store – Select the store from where the admin wants to download the categories.
- File – Select the file type for downloading the existing categories from the store.
For downloading, tap the Export button.
File Type Supported
The module supports three types of files –
The admin can import and export bulk categories using the CSV file.
In addition to that, the admin can import and export bulk categories using the XML file.
However, the admin can import and export bulk categories using the XLS file.
Henceforth, the admin can edit the file as per the requirement –
- Parent Id – Define the parent id of the category which the admin uploading.
- Image – Enter the category image name which will be the same as in the image zip file if uploading the categories with images.
- Enter the top, column, and sort the order of the category.
- Status – Set 1 to display category at the front end else set 0.
- Product Id – Add products to the category by just entering the product Ids.
- Category Filters – Define the category filters.
- Store Id – Enter store id in which admin wants to import the categories. (Store id 0 for default store).
- Enter the category SEO URL and category name.
- Enter the meta title, meta keywords, meta description, and description.
Meanwhile, the Import Category menu will navigate the admin to the import category management page as shown below.
Henceforth, the admin will download the sample file (CSV/XLS/XML) and can edit the sample file as per the requirement.
Thereafter, updating sample files the admin will upload the categories.
Henceforth, the admin will have two fields as shown below –
- Upload CSV/XLS/XML – Upload the category file and save it.
- Upload Images Zip File – Here, upload the category images zip file and save it.
Note: The image zip file should contain images mentioned in the category file uploaded in the above field.
Hereafter, click the Save button and a success message will be displayed.
That’s all for the Opencart Bulk Category Upload module. Still, have any issue feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views at http://webkul.uvdesk.com/
Current Product Version - 126.96.36.199
Supported Framework Version - 2.x.x.x, 3.x.x.x