Opencart Advanced Booking and Reservation module can be used to create booking and reservation for products. This module will be able to implement booking & reservation for products in your Opencart website and will provide three types of bookings for the products – Many Bookings in One Day, One Booking For Many Days & Customer Time-Based booking(Based on Per Hour and Per Day).
Opencart Advanced Booking and Reservation is also available as Marketplace Advanced Booking and Reservation.
Features Of Advanced Booking & Reservation Module
- Customer Time-based booking has been introduced which is based on hourly and day wise cost calculation.
- Slot based quantity measure has been used.
- The admin can do manual booking from the backend.
- The admin can export the booking history in CSV, XML format.
- The admin can cancel the booking and then the slots get available again.
- The admin can enable or disable sending of the booking and cancel mail status to customers.
- Set the date format that is visible to the customers in the shopping cart.
- Set the background color for the booking slot and the loader.
- Customers will be able to see the booking details(Like Date and Time Slot) of the product in the Cart.
- Option for customers to download their booking as a PDF.
- The customers can cancel the booking under their account panel.
- Able to edit/update and delete the booking slots for all booking types.
- Option to send an email confirmation to customers for their Booked Order with details Like duration, rate, and date for which the booking has been done.
Installation Of Opencart Advanced Booking & Reservation Module
Customers will get a zip folder and they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system. The extracted folder has – admin, catalog, fpdf, and ocmod folders. You need to transfer the admin, catalog and the fpdf folders into the Opencart root directory on the server as shown below.
After this, you will navigate to -> Extension Installer and upload the file wk_booking_res_vqmod.ocmod which you will find inside the ocmod folder.
Now navigate to ->Extensions->Modifications and click refresh on the top right-hand side as shown below.
After the above step, the admin needs to navigate to System->Users->User Groups->Administrator(Click the edit button). Now, select all for “Access Permission” and “Modify Permission” and then tap the save button.
Now go to Extensions-> Modules->Advanced Booking & Reservation and click the install button to install the module as shown below.
Admin Configuration Of The Advanced Booking & Reservation Module
After the successful installation, navigate through Extensions-> Modules->Advanced Booking & Reservation and click on the edit button next to the module to open a page with settings. Now under the General tab, the admin will configure the module settings –
- Select the Time Zone that you are in.
- Select “Enable” to show the Book Now button at the product page else select “Disable” to Hide the Book Now button.
- Select the Date format that will be visible for the Booking From and Till values to the customers in the cart.
- Select Customer Cancel Booking as – Enable or Disable. If enabled then customers can see the cancel booking option under the order details else if it is selected as disabled then the cancel booking option will not be visible to the customers.
- Set Cancel Approve as Enabled(If enabled, then the booking will be canceled without approval of the admin) or Disabled(Then the booking will be canceled with the approval of the admin) as per the need.
- Set the Slot Background color.
- Set the Loader Color.
Under the Mail tab, the admin will –
- Enable or Disable the booking mail status. If enabled, then the customer will receive a mail on the booking confirmation.
- PDF Details at Booking History – If this option is enabled then the customers will find a PDF button on the booking history page under their account by which they can download the booking details as a PDF.
- Cancel Mail Status – if this option is enabled then the customers will receive a cancel mail notification when their order is canceled.
Under the Info section, the admin will find the codes that can be used for writing email templates.
Now Go to Catalog -> Products and edit any product in which you want to add reservations, there you will see a booking and reservation tab, click on it. Complete all the fields according to guidelines for many booking in one day and save this as shown below.
For one booking for many days will be as below and you can create reservation slots as per the requirement.
After doing all these steps, click to save the reservation for this product and it will be available at the front end.
For Customer Time-Based booking will be as below and you can create reservation slots as per the need. You can set the cost type as hour wise or day wise. The hour or day wise cost would be equal to the product’s base price.
After filling the data required for the booking, click save to save the reservation for this product and will be available at the front end.
Customer’s End – One Booking For Many Days
After the admin configuration, the products will be displayed with reservation option at the front end. Here, the customers can choose time slots and pay accordingly for their booked slots. One booking for many days can be used to book a product for many days. For example – Hotel bookings.
When a customer clicks on the book now button, then a pop-up box will open and you can book any of the available slots as shown below. The customer will select the date for which the bookings are available, select the available slot with the quantity and lastly tap the add to cart button to add the selected slot to the cart.
After this, the product will be added to the cart and customer can go to the checkout to purchase the product. The customers can also see the duration, rate per item, and the booking slot date from and to values in the cart.
The customers after making the checkout can check their order history for the ordered booking item by navigating under their account block to “My Booking History” menu option.
Clicking the “My Booking History” menu option brings up the section where the customer will find all the placed orders for the booking products. The customer can also view all the order details under this section by clicking the View option.
Tapping the View button will show the complete details of the respective order. Here, the customer can also download the order details as a PDF and can cancel the order.
**Note: If the admin has set the module configuration setting :
- Cancel Approve as Enabled — Then the booking will be canceled without approval of the admin) or if Disabled(Then the booking will be canceled with the approval of the admin).
Many Bookings For One Day
Many bookings in one day can be used for booking products for different time slots in a single day. For example- Railway reservation bookings.
After you click on ‘Book Now’ button you’ll get a pop-up window wherein you can select the slots that you want to book with their respective quantity for the available dates.
Customer Time-Based Booking
Customer Time-Based booking provides booking Hour Wise and Day Wise basis –
When a customer clicks on the book now button, then a pop-up box will open and you can select any date range slot for the booking as per your requirement. The hourly price of the product will be equal to the base price of the product that has been set by the admin.
After the order has been placed, the customer can check his booking details, download the order details as PDF and can even cancel the order.
When the customer clicks on “Book Now” button, then a pop-up box will open and you can select any date range for the booking as per your requirement. The base price of the product will be equal to the Per Day price of the product that has been set by the admin as shown below.
Reservation Management Through Admin
Admin will be able to book reservations for his customers in the back end by navigating through – Advanced Booking & Reservation->Many bookings in one day. Here the admin will first select the product for which the customer wants to do the booking and click on “Add Booking” option for booking that product as shown below.
After adding the product to the cart you will see the same page again, now click “Book Product” button on the bottom right-hand side of the page as shown, after clicking the book product button you can see the product being added as shown in the following screenshots.
Admin Management – Cancel Requests
Under this section, the admin will find all the orders that have been canceled by the customers. If the admin has set the configuration setting for the option “Cancel Approve” as Enabled, then the booking will be canceled without approval of the admin and if Disabled, then the booking will be canceled with the approval of the admin and will be shown under this section.
Admin Management – Manage Slots
Under this section, the admin can manage the close slots, close days, and the close time span for the booking products. The admin first has to select all Booking Products and this will bring up all the booking products. Now, tap the edit button for any of the product for whom you want to manage the close slots, close days, and the close time span. After editing the information, when you will save the product this product will be added from all booking products into the Manageable products.
Many Bookings In One Day – Booking History
One Booking For Many days – Booking History
Customer Time Based Booking (Per Day) – Booking History
On clicking the Customer Time Based Booking (Per Day) menu item the admin will see the list of all products for which booking has been done under this type. You will see the Customer Time-Based Booking(Per Day) item in the list.
Customer Time Based Booking (Per Hour) – Booking History
On clicking the Customer Time Based Booking (Per Hour) menu item, the admin will see the list of all products for which booking has been done under this type. You will see the Customer Time-Based Booking(Per Hour) item in the list.
Click the Booking label to see all the orders under this category.
After clicking on the Booking label you will see the complete list of orders for this category as shown below. Admin can also cancel the booking from here.
That is all for the Opencart Advanced Booking & Reservation, If you still have any issue feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views to make the module better https://webkul.uvdesk.com/.
Current Product Version - 126.96.36.199
Supported Framework Version - 2.0.x.x, 2.1.x.x, 2.2.x.x, 2.3.x.x, 3.x.x.x