Work from home refers that your employees are working remotely from their homes. It creates challenges for the organisation like as proper monitoring and tracking of employees working from home, Task and project management, proper access to employees. However, Odoo makes it possible to tackle with the challenges that occurs during work from home. Odoo helps to integrate acquire talent from world without any geographical boundaries with complete control on employee access and remote check-in and check-out.
The module Odoo work from home allows to give the remote access to the employess by enabling IP check and by adding certain IP’s which will help the employees working from home to mark their attendance remotely. Odoo work from home helps you to handle your remote employees. you can easily monitor attendances to control check in and check out access from odoo. It helps you to inculcate a remote work environment effortlessly.
- Run a successful remote program with odoo.
- Enable/disable WFH for employees from odoo.
- Set duration for remote work of employees.
- Restrict attendance marking with IP address.
- Remote attendance marking for the WFH employees only.
- Employees can access their own attendance record only.
- Once you purchase the App from Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘Odoo_work_from_home’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open on Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘Odoo_work_from_home’.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
- Firstly, login to the odoo database to go to the employees.
- Click on the employee profile, go to the HR settings and enable the checkbox next to “Enable WFH” and then save. Now, you can create WFH for this employee, to assign WFH to any of the employee firstly you have to enable this checkbox.
- Now, Click on the work from home tab and then click on the create button to create work from home.
- Create work from home for the employees by adding title, employee name, start date and end date of the period of WFH and then save.
- Now, Go to the configuration tab and then click on settings.
- Click on the attendances tab.
- Enable the check box next to enable IP and add the comma separated IP and then save the changes.
- Go to the employees section and check the employees for which you create work from home.
- Green symbol of WFH shows the employee WFH is active.
- Now, login with employees end and go to the attendances.
- Click here to check-in.
- This green dot shows the employee is active this time means the employee is checked-in.
- Again goes to the attendances to check out and after checking-out the green dot becomes red which the employee isn’t active this time.
Hope you find the guide helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues/queries regarding the module then please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/
For any doubt contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V13, V12, V11