The User Guide describes the workflow of Odoo Website Pre-Order only. To know how the base module: Odoo Website Product Stock works; kindly refer to the User Guide Of Odoo Website Product Stock.
Odoo website pre-order: Maintain your sales even without stock!!
Many times a customer wants to buy a product that is out of stock. In that case, the customer leaves the site without any purchase. To avoid that, you can provide them the facility to pre-order a product that is out of stock. Odoo website pre-order deals with the pre-order of all the products that are out of stock.
With the help of Odoo website pre-order module, you can allow your customers to pre-order the products that are out of stock and after restocking, you will be able to deliver the products. This basically helps you to retain your customers and maintain your sales and profits even when you are running out of products.
You can customize the module accordingly. It helps you to send the mail notifications for the availability of the products. You can also customize the payment options for customers by providing them the facility to pay either fully or partially at the time of placing a pre-order. Moreover, unregistered customers can also pre-order the products by paying the full amount of the placed order.
- Once you have purchased the module from our Webkul store, you will receive a link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘website_preorder’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode. You can activate the developer mode by typing ‘debug’ after ‘web?’ in the URL as well.
- Now, open the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘website_preorder’.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
- You can create multiple configuration settings from the backend, but only one will be active at a time
- Admin sets custom messages, Pre-Order conditional messages, warning messages accordingly at the time of creating configuration settings.
- You can even set the minimum and maximum quantity of the products for the pre-order.
- Admin sets Payment Type and percentage of the amount in case of Partial Pre-Order product.
- Admin sends the mail manually to notify the customer for the availability of the Pre-ordered Product.
- You can even customize the products for which you want to enable the pre-order option accordingly
- Non-registered customers can Pre-Order but they need to pay full amount at the time of placing an order.
- Once the installation is finished, visit the website app on the Odoo backend. Here click on the ‘Webkul Website Addons‘ tab.
- After that, under the ‘Orders‘ section, you will see the Website Pre-order option. Besides that, click on the ‘Configuration‘ button.
- Here, a new window will open and you will be able to see a pre-setting done for the website pre-order.
- You can customize it or even create a totally new configuration setting. But remember, only one will be active at a time.
- You can even customize the products you want to make available for pre-order. For that visit the Products section and select the product as per your wish.
- Now, you will see all the products listed on your website.
- Now select the product you want to make it available for the pre-order facility. After that, click on the ‘pre-order‘ section as shown in the screenshot below.
- Here, you can configure the product accordingly and make it available for pre-order. Click on the ‘Edit‘ button and change the settings accordingly.
- After customizing the product, visit the front-end of your website. Click on the shop button. Here you can see the products that are available for pre-order.
- You can simply select the product and click on the pre-order button to purchase it.
- After this, you will be redirected to the checkout page. Here customers have to do either partial payment or full payemnt as set by you from the backend.
- Now, as soon as a pre-order is created by the customer, you will be able to see the unpaid order of the customer at the backend.
- Click on this button. After that, you can view them on the backend showing you the remaining and total amount at the time of pre-order. Click on the quotation you want to view.
- As you can see, it already shows the payment status of the sales order. If payment is remaining it will show ‘Partial’, otherwise, it will show ‘Complete‘.
- Click on the ‘Pre-order confirmation mail, button to confirm pre-order and send confirmation mail so that customers can pay the remaining amount in case of partial pre-order.
- As soon as you will confirm the quotation, a customized email will be sent to the customer. Here customers can pay the remaining amount in case of partial payment.
Customer’s Interface in Odoo website pre-order!
- After this, customer will get a notification on it’s end. Click on the ‘My Account‘ button as shown below.
- Click on the ‘Quotations ‘option.
- This will show you all the quotations listed. Click on the partial pre-order quotation to complete the payment.
- The partial pre-order quotation will open. Here customers have to complete their payment for confirming the order.
- The payment window will open. Customers will complete their payment.
- Now at the backend, you can confirm the pre-order as the payment by the customer is completed and create the invoice.
- The generated invoice will be sent to the customer and will wait for their order to be delivered.
Customers cannot order an available and an unavailable product together. They have to order them separately. And they can avail the pre-order facility only for out of stock products.
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/.
Did you find the guide helpful? Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
For any doubt contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V13, V12, V11, V10, V9, V8