Mega menu is a two-dimensional drop-down website menu interface visible on the Odoo website to increase reachability. All the options available are shown by dropdown under a specified category which contains a group of related products.
A promotional tool called Odoo Website Mega Menu allows customers to navigate easily on Website and hence increases the sale. It helps to improve user-interface by making the website more interactive and attractive.
- The module allows you to create and display mega menus on the Odoo website to ease navigation.
- The Odoo admin can choose the categories and subcategories to be included on the Mega Menu.
- Multiple Mega Menus can be created based on the requirements to display all the type of products on the Odoo website.
- The Menu can be grouped into other menus to create further segregation.
- The Odoo admin can also define an URL for the Mega Menu to increases accessibility.
- The Odoo admin can configure various elements of the Mega menu such as text color, background color, background images, etc.
- Display the configurable header on each Mega Menu.
- The elements of the module are designed to be fully mobile responsive, which means that the mega menu resizes itself automatically according to the viewing screen size.
1.) Once you purchase the App from Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
2.) Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘website_mega_menus’.
3.) Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
4.) Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
5.) Then, open on Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
6.) In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘website_mega_menus’.
7.) You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
1.) Activate the Developer mode in Odoo.
2.) Then navigate through Website >> Webkul Website Addons. Click on Configuration next to ‘Website Mega Menu’.
3.) On the popup that appears, you can configure the elements of the mega menu such as background color, Body Text color etc.
4.) Next, go to Configuration >> Mega Menu. Click on Create.
5.) Now, select the heading to go the mega menu under ‘Menu’ tab. Select the website on which you wish the mega menu.
6.) Tick the checkbox next to Mega Menu to make this a make menu. Unticking it display the menu as a regular menu on the Odoo website.
7.) Under, parent menu field, you can either group the Mega Menu under another menu or make it independently visible on the Odoo website.
8.) Next, select the Root Category for this megaMenu.
9.) Then, under ‘Categories To Display’ select the sub-categories that you wish to display under the Mega menu.
10.) Moving on, select the background image for this Mega Menu and Top menu icon. Click Save.
11.) Now, go to configuration >> menus. Here you can see all the menus created for the website including regular menus and mega menus.
12.) To make a regular menu into Mega Menu, click on Make Mega Menu tab and fill in the details as above.
On The Odoo Website
13.) Go to the Odoo website. On the top, you can see the Mega Menus. Hover the cursor on any title to display the navigation menu.
14.) If you have grouped one Mega Menu under another, they will appear as in the following image:
Was this guide helpful? Please share your feedback in the comments below.
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at
For any doubt contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for reading!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - ODOO V10, V11, V12