Odoo website guest checkout: Make every visitor count!!
Whenever a new user visits your website, it is possible that they purchased a product as a guest and left the website without any assurance of returning back in the future. Being a store owner, it’s important to retain your customers on your website. Odoo Website guest checkout does the job for you to capture the details of new visitors at the time of placing an order. It helps you to gain new users that in the future can result in potential customers.
The Odoo website guest checkout module basically restricts the guest checkout without login or sign up at the time of placing an order. On the checkout page, guest users will be asked to sign up or one step login to complete the purchase.
Fetching the details of a new customer can also help you to notify them about any offers and discounts going on your website. This will help you in increasing customer engagement and even your sales and profits. The module is totally customizable as you can disable too as per your wish. It provides you a user-friendly interface from where you can configure its settings accordingly.
- The module helps you to capture the details of new visitors to maintain user engagement on your website.
- It leverages you with an attractive interface to manage security level restrictions during checkout.
- You can restrict your guest users to must have login/sign up for the checkout proceedings.
- It has a one-step login/sign up feature which keeps the guest on the same page.
- This module triggers out the issue of guest checkout even without login/sign up.
- Once you have purchased the module from our Webkul store, you will receive a link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘website_guest_checkout’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode. You can activate the developer mode by typing ‘debug’ after ‘web?’ in the URL as well.
- Now, open the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘website_guest_checkout’.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
- Once their installation is finished, visit the website app on the Odoo backend. Here click on the ‘Webkul Website addons‘ tab.
- After that under the ‘Sales promotion‘ section, you will see the website guest checkout option. Besides that, click on the ‘Configuration‘ button.
- Here, a new window will open and you will be able to see a pre-setting done for the website guest checkout. You can customize it or you can even create a totally new configuration setting.
Customer’s Interface in Odoo Website Guest Checkout
- After that, visit the front end of the website. Click on the ‘Shop‘ button to explore products on your website.
- Click on any of the product and add it to the cart.
- Now, click on proceed to checkout. As soon as you will reach to the payment gateway, it will ask customers to either sign in or sign up to complete the checkout process. Like this, you will able to fetch details of new users.
Sign up is not a fuss using this module, only few details are required for the new user to sign up and then they can easily provide their personal details for order delivery.
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/.
Did you find the guide helpful? Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
For any doubt contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - Odoo V13, V12, V11
Supported Framework Version - 1.2.0