Restrict products with countries using Odoo Website Country Restriction.
If your eCommerce store operates in multiple countries and wants to restrict some products to a particular country, then we have a solution for you. Restricting customers’ purchases to a specific country save you from the trouble of shipping product to that country.
Odoo Website Country Restriction module allows you to add countries under configurations to be displayed on the website for user checkout. Usually, in Odoo, during the checkout process, a list of countries shows up for selection, which can lead your customers/users wrongly select another country. Hence using the Odoo Website Country Restriction module, you can restrict country selection on your eCommerce.
- Odoo Website Country Restriction module restricts customers from placing an order for a product unavailable in a particular country.
- It helps to display a customized message for the unavailability of products in a specific country.
- The module hides the unavailable products on the website for a particular country.
- It also enables you to show desired countries list on website customers.
- Once you purchase the App from Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘website_country_restriction.’
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open the Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List.’
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘website_country_restriction.’
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
Let’s look at the workflow of Odoo Website Country Restriction.
1. Firstly, log in to the Odoo backend and go to ‘Website> Webkul Website Addons,’ and under the ‘Web Page’ section, find the ‘Website: Country Restriction,’ click the ‘Configuration’ option.
Odoo Company ? Read More
2. Now, define the countries to which you want to assign the checkout feature. This could be either all countries or selected countries. It also helps to describe the customized cart message and checkout message. The Hide products in the Website option helps to enable/disable the view of products on the website for a particular country.
3. For the ‘Selected’ country checkout option, click on ‘Add An Item,’ and an ‘Add: Checkout countries’ pop-up window will appear. Now, select the countries from the list to which you want to enable the checkout, and then click on the ‘Select’ button.
4. The selected countries will be added. Define the customized cart message and checkout message to be displayed. Finally, implement the desired configuration by clicking the ‘Apply’ button.
5. When all countries option will be selected for checkout. It helps to define the customized cart message and checkout message that will be displayed on the website. Finally, save the desired configuration by the ‘Apply’ button.
6. Using the module, you can also define the specific product availability for certain countries on the product page.
7. If the Hide products in the Website option is enabled, then the available products are only visible on the website for a particular country.
8. A message will be displayed on the cart page for an unavailable product in a particular country.
OTHER ODOO WEBSITE MODULES
- Odoo Multi Website Blog Extension
- Frequently Bought Together Products
- Odoo Website Product Review After Purchase
- Odoo Website Stop/Block Content Copy
- Advance Website Product Attachments
- Odoo Website Redefine Multi Images Position
Hope you find the guide helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues/queries regarding the module, please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/.
For any doubt, contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 18.104.22.168
Supported Framework Version - V16, V15, V14