Protect the Integrity of your Website with Odoo Website CAPTCHA Log-In Lockdown!
CAPTCHA stands for ‘Completely Automated Public Turing Test to Tell Computers and Humans Apart’. Captcha is a tool that helps to distinguish between humans and automated users. It is in various forms like images, texts which observe the behavior and helps to identify between human users and computer users. This helps to protect your Odoo Website from spam by protecting the integrity, prevent hackers from signing up. It makes your website more secure. Keeping this in mind Webkul comes up with the module ‘Odoo Website CAPTCHA Log-In Lockdown’
Odoo Website CAPTCHA Log-In Lockdown module allows you to add a captcha tool and protect your website from hackers. It is an Ease of use, Low friction, effortless interaction for your users. Admin Can Enable/Disable Login LockDown and also set the limit for CAPTCHA login lockdown from the backend.
- The Odoo Website CAPTCHA Log-In LockDown provides Security Levels Restriction.
- The module gives you a Login LockDown Option to avoid harmful activities.
- Provide Advanced Security, State of the art spam & abuse protection for your website.
- Ease of use, Low friction, effortless interaction for your users.
- Provide Protection Against Cyber Threats.
- The module integrates the CAPTCHA that asks users to solve it before using the website.
- It also helps you to Figure Out Security Liability and provide Protection Against Cyber Threats.
- Admin Can Enable/Disable Login LockDown from the backend.
- Admin Can also Set Limit For CAPTCHA Login LockDown.
- Once you purchase the App from the Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file from your system after the download finishes. As a result, you will be able to see a folder named- ‘odoo_captcha_login_lockdown’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo Apps and then, click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and then, search ‘odoo_captcha_login_lockdown’.
- As a result, you will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
Generate google captcha keys
- After installing the module ‘Odoo Website CAPTCHA Login LOckdown’ successfully; you have to generate the keys from the google console.
Odoo Backend Configuration
- Login to the ‘Odoo Insatance’ go to the ‘Settings’.
- Click on General Settings and now enable the “enabled CAPTCHA Login LockDown” option. Add Captcha Site key and Captcha Secret Key and also add a maximum number of attempts for Login LockDown and then click on Save button.
- Try to login with invalid email and password. Message appers on the screen which the number of attempt left for the user.
- After exceeding the limit of number of attempts, user has to go through the captcha to login the website.
USER GUIDES FOR OTHER MODULES
Was this guide helpful? Please share your feedback in the comments below.
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at
For any doubt contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for reading!!
Current Product Version - 0.1.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V14, V13, V12, V11, V10, V9, V8