Odoo Website Buy Now module makes shopping on Odoo website easier for customers. It adds a buy now button for fast purchase. The customers who are looking to buy a single product can click on the Buy Now button and directly go to the checkout page skipping the shopping cart page altogether.
On clicking the Buy Now button, the product is automatically added to the cart. If there were products in the cart prior to hitting the Buy Now button, the system archives them. The cart then shows only the ‘Buy now’ product in the cart.
Once the customer successfully places the order, the original cart is again recovered in the account.
- The module facilitates quicker checkout for customers looking to buy one product at a time.
- It adds a Buy Now button for fast purchase on both the shop page and product page on Odoo website.
- The customers can just click on the “Buy Now” button on the product and go to the shipping information page, skipping the cart altogether and proceed with the checkout to place the order for the particular product.
- When ‘Buy Now’ of a product is clicked, the products present in the cart (if any) gets automatically hidden and the cart shows just the clicked product. Once the order is placed, the cart gets automatically recovered with the original products in the list.
- If the ‘Buy Now’ button is clicked on multiple browsers or multiple tabs from the same account, the system displays an error while making payments to prevent conflicting orders from the same Buy Now cart.
1.) Once you purchase the App from Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
2.) Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘website_buy_now’.
3.) Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
4.) Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
5.) Then, open on Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
6.) In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘website_buy_now’.
7.) You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
1.) Once you have successfully installed the module, go the Odoo website.
2.) Go to the ‘Shop’ page and click on customize. Here, you can enable/disable the ‘Buy Now’ option for the website.
3.) If you have enabled it, you would be now able to see a shopping bag icon while hovering the cursor over the products.
4.) The Buy now option is also available on the product page.
5.) Click on it. You be will be redirected directly to the shipping address page without going to the cart.
6.) You will also notice that the cart is now reset to show only one product- the one you chose to buy now.
7.) Select the addresses, and follow the checkout process to place the order.
8.) Once the order is successfully placed, the original cart is automatically recovered.
9.) If the same account is open on two different tabs and you try to use the Buy Now option on both simultaneously, the system would show error on one of the pages to prevent incorrect payment clashes, etc.
Was this guide helpful? Please share your feedback in the comments below.
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at
For any doubt contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for reading!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - ODOO V11