A warehouse management system is very necessary to offer visibility into the entire inventory of a business and manage supply chain fulfillment operations. Basically, a warehouse management system is a software tool that helps you to accomplish stock supplies without any hassle.
These days, customers want their needs to get fulfilled anywhere; hence it becomes very crucial for a business to manage the warehouses in different locations efficiently. A perfect warehouse management system lets you respond quickly to all the fulfillment requirements.
To all your business requirements; there is one solution that is Odoo.
Odoo is a modular-based e-commerce platform which means everything in Odoo is divided into different segments. So in order to manage warehouses in Odoo, you are required to install the “Inventory” module.
You can check the blog here to know the basics of Inventory Management in Odoo.
now. Read More
Talking about the Odoo Warehouse Management system; it has an actual building/place in which your items are stocked. You can set up multiple warehouses and create moves between warehouses.
Locations in Odoo Warehouse Management System (WMS)
Let’s get Familiar with Locations in Your Odoo Warehouse Management System:
1. Internal Location: Internal Locations are actual locations that are part of your own warehouse. These are the places where loading and unloading of products take place; for instance, Shelf or a department store.
2. Customer Location: Customer location does not come under your warehouse; rather, it is a space near-final destination of goods.
3. Vendor Location: The vendor location does not come under your warehouse; rather, it is a space within your Vendor’s warehouse.
4. Transit Location: Transit Locations are the type of locations used for the internal transfer of goods from one warehouse to another.
5. Inventory Loss: Inventory Loss comes into use when you want to place the lost products out of your stock due to inventory loss.
6. View: View is a type of virtual location that is used to manage the hierarchical structure of the warehouse; for instance, when you define a short name in a warehouse at that time it creates a view type location that has the same name as the short name of warehouse.
7. Production: Production is a virtual location that is used to manage the manufacturing process.
How does Odoo Warehouse Management System Work(WMS)?
Odoo lets you easily set up one or more warehouses and manage smooth and transparent moves between the warehouses. As your business requirement increases, you can add any number of warehouses under your company.
Let’s check out the Workflow of the Warehouse Management System in Odoo:
1) Log in to your Odoo Instance and click on the Home Menu to select the Inventory app.
2) Now, click on the Configuration tab and go to the Settings. By default, the warehouse has only one default location but if you’ll enable Storage Locations checkbox then you can manage multiple locations.
3) Select the Warehouses menu under the Warehouse Management section of Configuration Menu. Here, click on the create button; add warehouse name, short name, and select address.
You also need to update Warehouse Configuration:
You can set the Incoming and Outgoing Shipments process; apart from that you can also enable or disable resupply processes.
4) Now, select the Location Menu; and, click on the create button. Here, you need to add Location Name, Parent Location, add additional information, cyclic inventory, and logistic strategy.
Manage Warehouse System in Odoo with the Help Webkul
Webkul has a dedicated Odoo team of 60 + professionals, who have catered to more than 1500 clients worldwide. Furthermore, we have delivered 650 + modules to fulfill several business requirements.
With the dedication and quality of services, Webkul has been providing to its customers over the span of 11 years, it has consistently secured its position among the top 3 development companies in the Odoo app store.
Let’s check Webkul Odoo Modules for a better Warehouse Management System:
Manage Stock Per Warehouse in Odoo
Odoo Stock Per Warehouse: Odoo Stock Per Warehouse allows you to show the Stock Availability on Odoo Website With A Click. Now, customers can know the stock count per warehouse from the front-end easily. Moreover, you can also define the rules to show the stock from Odoo Backend.
Also, check out the User Guide of the Module Odoo Stock Per Warehouse:
Warehouse Management in Odoo POS:
Odoo POS Warehouse Management: Odoo POS Warehouse Management is a module to manage multiple warehouses/locations within POS sessions. Moreover, it also shows and manages products stock in POS sessions. By default, in POS only you can select one stock location at one time.
Also, Check out the User Guide of the Module Odoo POS Warehouse Management: https://webkul.com/blog/pos-warehouse-management/
We Would Love to Hear From You!
Hope you find the blog informative! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
Also, check our store page to go through our Odoo modules.
Thanks for paying attention!!